The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-22-2005, 11:30 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

dtilley,that Chinese buffet,did them shrimps still have their heads on and the crawdaddys still pinchin`?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 01:42 PM   #27
caspear78

Location: biwabik, minnesota, what is this white stuff out here
im moving to biwabik which is about 45 mins north of duluth, its up on the iron range,

chevye, i can still make a stop up that way some time tis week before we had up so ill holla at ya later and let ya know more ok,,

thanks yall for the kind words on moving, and thanks for the warnings on the cold weather,, when we get up there ill hope on here and let every one know how the move went and what the temp is,lol, i know its gonna be cold as all get out, but its all good, the joys of haveing a garage to work in when i get up there will make it alot easier, so ill be happy about that, ,,,,,,,mark
caspear78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 04:48 PM   #28
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Welcome back! I just heard from another ex MN buddy of mine who is looking to move back also. It was 2 F, above zero, last night when I hit the sheets. Its like up to 10 F now. But my driveway is still packed up with the drifts from the wind last night. Believe it or not, I sleep like the dead whenever the wind is blasting in the winter and during the best thunderstorms in the summer. The only time I've been north of Duluth was to go Scuba diving below split rock light house, it is beautiful up there.

Just pick up a bullet style heater for the garage and your all set to work on the vehicle. I just bought a propane fired one at menards for $150.00, 40-80000 btu and it warms it up just fine.

As far as winter goes, if your from the upper midwest, you just wish they got us on the national news more often to keep the thin blooded southerners (anything south of Iowa) from migrating up here. Its hard enough to find a nice quiet lake lot without all the rabble coming up for the summers to complain about mosquitos. Just kidding. I personally know several texans right in this area.

Anyway, here is my yard this morning. Isn't it beautiful?!

HG
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 05:19 PM   #29
da-burb
"Ochre Ogre"

Well we FINALLY got snow yesterday. 117 days without a 1" snow fall. It's a new record for the Minneapolis/St Paul area. It isn't all that cold this week. The sun is out and everything is covered with a white blanket. I enjoyed using the plow truck today.

Bowtie Truck Stop Inc.
Mid-West GM Truck Restoration Parts Supplier
Your Key Parts, Auto Metal Direct, Dynacorn,
and Goodmark dealer.
like us @ www.facebook.com/BowtieTruckStop

1971 C-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1971 K-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1972 C-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1972 K-20 Suburban (Yellow- that just aint right!)

Springfield, Minnesota 56087
da-burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 07:50 PM   #30
MOTHERTRUCKERS

When i moved from sw Michigan i brought the snow shovel with me, we use it as a dust pan in the shop, you would be surprised how many people ask what's that and where can i buy one.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:53 PM   #31
caspear78

those pics of the snow is a good site, i do miss the white stuff, i believe yesterday mom called and said they had close to 40 inchs or so, so ill have plenty of snow to shovel when i get there,

hgs notes,,, where is sleepy eye up there, most not be around were im headed to,

burb,,, down here when we get about any sign of snow it closes everything up, which is funny until i found out why they close it up tight,lol i got stuck at the end of our drive way the day after the snow storm we had here, i went off the other side of the road tryin to back into my drive way with the land yacht of a car ( 79 lincoln ) so yea its fun if its not ice,,,,,,,mark
Old 01-23-2005, 10:38 AM   #32
da-burb
"Ochre Ogre"

fyi, Sleepy Eye is in the southwest corner. From east to west you have New Ulm, Sleepy Eye, Springfield(my home town). Pretty much the opposite corner from where you are heading.

Bowtie Truck Stop Inc.
Mid-West GM Truck Restoration Parts Supplier
Your Key Parts, Auto Metal Direct, Dynacorn,
and Goodmark dealer.
like us @ www.facebook.com/BowtieTruckStop

1971 C-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1971 K-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1972 C-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1972 K-20 Suburban (Yellow- that just aint right!)

Springfield, Minnesota 56087
da-burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 11:20 PM   #33
caspear78

well every one we are up here in minnesota now, the trip was good but long we took our time considerin the trailer we were pullin was small and the truck would bearly fit on it, my truck over hung from the back tires to the back bumper,the back tires just cleared by about and inch , but we got it here in 26 hours cuz we took our time and took a nap about 5 in the mornin , but we nver got passed 60 in the truck due to the fact i was scared as hell about my truck comein off the trailer, but whenwe got here i had no were to park buy the house except in the road and they plowed the road today, but it wasnt to bad, but at least now i have a garage to work in, which i got my truck rolled in today, i wont know how to react being able to work on it in a garge,lol, the truck we got was a diesel, it was a 20+ foot truck and it run good, we rented from pinske and the truck run good and smooth, didnt have a problem and wont be afraid to rent from them again, the truck had enuf room in the back for atleast a long bed and short bed parked bumper to bumper, lol , i cant wait to get the truck fixed so i can play a bit in the snow with it, but as i said before im gonna post more about the rebuild of things as i go with the truck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mark
Old 01-31-2005, 11:33 PM   #34
caspear78

it feels real good to be back in the north with the snow , ive missed it to much
Old 02-01-2005, 12:09 AM   #35
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Welcome back, I'll be talkin with ya soon. Eric
70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto
too much stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:11 AM   #36
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Oh yeah, If people are wondering what he just moved to... check out my new avatar. That was a few days ago.
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
65 fury conv. 383/auto
Old 02-01-2005, 10:17 AM   #37
caspear78

hey Eric, any good junk yarads around down there, i know of a few around here , but im not sure what all they have, ill have to get out and go look one day and see what i can come up with
Old 02-01-2005, 12:48 PM   #38
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

One yard crushed EVERYTHING in the last 2 years. The other yard has some stuff, but the guy doesn't part with the older stuff. And the other yard has a few misc trucks, but they are getting picked over. I usually travel some if i am serious about finding parts...
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
65 fury conv. 383/auto
Old 02-01-2005, 02:35 PM   #39
mrein3

I can't believe I missed this north bashing post the first time it went around.

I lived "down south" for 3 months one winter. Never again.

Too much crime. Too much trash in the streets. If I had a nickle for every blue Wal*Mart bag hanging from a bush or tree I could retire. What ever happened to having a little pride in your yard and surroundings and picking up the trash?

It was kind of funny. The temps were 68ish in the morning and mid to high 70s after work. All the locals wore jackets. The couple of us from Minnesota were wearing short sleeved polo shirts.

There is one lake outside the town I was at. I asked why nobody fishes. They said you ever see Lake X on a weekend? You can walk across it! (Meaning walk across it on all the boats packed on the one lake).

No Thanks. Been there. Done that. The south is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.
Center City, MN
mrein3 is offline   Reply With Quote