The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-21-2016, 10:30 PM   #1
Roggy

Re: WTB/ISO 67-72 Chevy/GMC 4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Roggy, not computer 'literat enough to do a link but just this evening found a '72 1/2 ton 4x4 auto in the Wichita, Ks. craigslist. A bit on the rough side with some rust and mis-matched sheet metal color but at $4,000 seems like a possibility? It is in the car/truck for sale section, just popped up this evening.

Sorry can't link, maybe a smarter member than I can do such for you. Good luck in your search.
Found it...Thanks!
The guy says it rides like a lumber wagon. I wonder what that means?
Do you think it would be drivable back to Cave City? It doesn't look like it has any tail lights. I don't have a car hauler. I appreciate you checking for me. Since I'm not a mechanic, should I wait and find one with tail lights?
What's your thoughts?
PS. I've never looked in the car/truck section before. I've just been looking for "chevy 4x4" in the For Sale section. There seems to be more or different trucks in the car/truck section. Thanks for telling me about it.
Roggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:50 PM   #2
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggy View Post
Found it...Thanks!
Do you think it would be drivable back to Cave City? It doesn't look like it has any tail lights. I don't have a car hauler. I appreciate you checking for me. Since I'm not a mechanic, should I wait and find one with tail lights?
What's your thoughts?
PS. I've never looked in the car/truck section before. I've just been looking for "chevy 4x4" in the For Sale section. There seems to be more or different trucks in the car/truck section. Thanks for telling me about it.
That translates to me into, I'm used to driving a late model truck that rides like a car and this old Chevy with leaf springs at all four corners, rides like a dump truck (or lumber wagon).
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:09 PM   #3
Krex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggy View Post
Found it...Thanks!
What's your thoughts?
This one is a decent deal. As long as you are going to drive as is. If you want to get body fixed and painted will cost more than the truck not including any mechanical refreshes that could be needed here and there. Don't forget it is 4x4 and hard to find.
Krex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:17 PM   #4
Roggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krex View Post
This one is a decent deal. As long as you are going to drive as is. If you want to get body fixed and painted will cost more than the truck not including any mechanical refreshes that could be needed here and there. Don't forget it is 4x4 and hard to find.
Thanks Krex,
I think it is a good deal. I just don't know how I would get it home without tail lights.
As I stated before, I have a limited budget. I might be able to get the tail lights fixed and some minor repairs but I don't know how I would get it home.
Roggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:22 AM   #5
smiti7

Hey Roggy,
Maybe offer the guy asking price if he'll put the tail lights back in it and hook them up. It really shouldn't be that difficult as long as the wires are there and he has the lights. Just a thought. Let him know your intentions are to drive it home. Good luck.
smiti7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:52 AM   #6
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

How's this one,and its in Arkansas. If you got serious about it I'd do some due diligence on the truck. Maybe a knowledgeable board member from your area could help you check it out. I'm also sure their is wiggle room on the price.

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/5394364597.html

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote