The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #1
killer71

Re: see ten ?

I think we can all always do sumthin and that's to give each member the respect that each one of us deserve. We will continue to disagree but to disrespect is unhealthy to the board and to allow it to continue to happen is not good business. He was an asset to this forum no doubt and it looks as if he's gone. The good members like Asa haven't the time to put up with the negativity!
killer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
Hart_Rod

If true, very sad and unnccessary...:-/.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

I have a question. Has anyone heard from Asa himself why he isn't around?

Y'all are making a bunch of assumptions which may or may not be true. But why don't we wait n see his reasons instead of dragging people through the mud for something that might have nothing to do with them ?
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:26 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

^Well said.Killer was just suggesting what would seem obvious and we all have our assumptions based on past behavior.But,it`s best to stick to the facts and not fly off on tangents.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #5
shifty
Questionable

All I gotta say is this:

Regardless of why Asa/seeten hasn't been around, Josh is dead-on (as usual), you need to ask Asa why that is before "assuming" it was something petty like radiator talk. I don't know Asa well, but he *really doesn't* strike me as the kind of guy that would be petty or immature enough to stop visiting the forum over a disagreement about a finned cooling device (radiator).

And, I'm not sticking up for anyone here or take sides, but I've gotten pissed at Shane before in the past without really understanding him. See, very much like me, Shane's "Internet voice" is a very "matter of fact", and a lot of folks tend to take both my voice and his voice the wrong way, like we're attacking them. This is especially true when we know what we're talking about and we break it out in plain-jane science for folks.

There have been plenty of times in the past I've had Shane jump in on one of my threads and throw some logic at me in a "you should know better than that, stupid!" sorta way and, hell, I admit it, in retrospect, it was deserved and it helped me realize what a dumbass I was being. Other times, I've had him remind me, "dude, you're over thinking this stuff, K.I.S.S., you already know the answer, now go do it". It could just be me, but I actually appreciate his straightforward responses and appreciate his willingness to jump in, even if he is wrong once in a while (like, it feels like it's less than 1% of the time, though). I appreciate Shane and everyone else sharing their knowledge, just like I appreciate some of the damned amazing photography that Asa has shared. We all contribute around here, even if we're right or wrong sometimes, it's all about learning, whether it's "take my hand and walk me across the street" style, or it's "marine core drill instructor" style.

Why am I bothering to say all this? Simple: We're all different. You may not agree with another member, and if you don't, just don't pay attention to them, or try to come to grips with WHY you don't agree. Don't think of it as a lesson in "patience", then of it as a lesson in "tolerance", because the more different kinds of people you learn to deal with, the easier the rest of your life is going to be.

You don't NEED to respond to people that piss you off or that you disagree with. If you do, you're probably only going to get more pissed at their subsequent response. You don't NEED to jump in there and give your 2¢ (or) make a snide comment every opportunity when those folks respond to your post. Just know, when they respond, the ball is in your court. YOU can be the bigger man and let it go, or you can be a douchebag and keep it going. How you choose to respond shows YOUR character, not theirs.

I'm amazed Shane kept his head together enough not to jump Asa's ass after that first snide comment was made, I don't know if I coulda done that. I think that kinda shows Shane's (generally solid) character. I'm sure Asa will post soon enough and show you guys his character - that he won't let some petty internet forum disagreement take him away from the hobbies we all love and share here. That is, all assumptions above being "true".

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 09-21-2009 at 12:57 PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
cableguy0

Aside from any personal issues between people everyone seems to forget this is all in text. There arent any tones or facial expressions and you cannot tell sarcasm through text. Its really easy to take things the wrong way when written in text because the only way to show emotion is through a stupid smiley thats easily forgotten. People from different places talk differently. Some areas people seem to speak more directly and some areas more soft spoken and laid back its extremely easy to have a clash just based on what is essentially dialect of an area. People from a smaller town with a slower pace generally are going to speak differently than people from a bigger city with a lot of stress and an extremely fast pace. Someone speaking directly can make them come off as a d!ck whether its meant or not. I speak direct and im sure people dislike some of what I say but theres no way to put 50,000 people in one place and expect everyone to understand or get along with everyone else. Being overly sensitive anywhere in life and especially on an internet forum isnt going to do anything but cause grief for you and others
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #7
corn

Rocket science it aint!
corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #8
Sillyoldman

So many times I have responded to a post in lengthy detail only to delete it seconds after submitting it. The one time I didn't delete it, I went on vacation.

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote