The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #26
TexasC10

Re: Ready to Install New Underpad/Carpet

I used the 'silver insulation" from Lowes and 3-M spray glue before installing the new carpet, very easy to work with and not much road-noise.
Attached Images

TexasC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #27
NC_John

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasC10 View Post
I used the 'silver insulation" from Lowes and 3-M spray glue before installing the new carpet, very easy to work with and not much road-noise.
looks great!

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #28
jocko

ordered carpet samples from Brothers a while ago (cue theme music to Jeopardy...) Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.... Gonna check out classicheartbeat now I think.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #29
tlcrz1972

I doubt any carpet will have the holes already in them. There can be many variations and they are making one carpet with one part number.

All you need to is install the carpet the way you want, and then take a upholstery needle or very small awl and probe through the carpet where the holes should be. You'll know when you find it. Mark it with chalk. And don't worry about if you poke a few extra holes till you find it, no one will ever see them.
Then take a scissor and trim you a hole just big enough for the bolts to pass through. Install seat, console, belt bolts etc. and your done.

And the dimmer is easy just locate it and trim it out with a good scissor, and instal the grommet. It has a little play to move around to fit just right.
tlcrz1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #30
screaminchevypickup
Laid Back

Guys if you need any help with carpet I can get what you need at a great price.. It's American made and is molded off GM's mold.. It's the only gm certified carpet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Direct dealers for..

Vintage Air, Porterbuilt, Billet Specialties,Budnik wheels ,eddie motorsports, raceline wheels, intro wheels, Dakota Digital, precision, unisteer, Trimparts, and many many more... Laid Back Recreations.. Full restoration shop and full paint and body..

Kyle

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=574629
screaminchevypickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #31
JOJABOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminchevypickup View Post
Guys if you need any help with carpet I can get what you need at a great price.. It's American made and is molded off GM's mold.. It's the only gm certified carpet.
Posted via Mobile Device
Where's this??
JOJABOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #32
screaminchevypickup
Laid Back

Go over to the vendors section and look for the trim parts carpet sale thread..
Posted via Mobile Device

Direct dealers for..

Vintage Air, Porterbuilt, Billet Specialties,Budnik wheels ,eddie motorsports, raceline wheels, intro wheels, Dakota Digital, precision, unisteer, Trimparts, and many many more... Laid Back Recreations.. Full restoration shop and full paint and body..

Kyle

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=574629
screaminchevypickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:38 AM   #33
70blackfish

I didnt see anything in the venders section.....

please give your website here...looks like quite a few people need new carpet..

I know i do...
Old 08-29-2013, 05:32 AM   #34
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_John View Post
I got an underpad from GMCPauls. The rubber was very thin and the foam was similar to what they pack flatscreen TV's with. Pretty useless stuff.
).
That pretty useless stuff is a Exact duplicate of the factory original sound deadener & underlayment and the rubberized piece is designed so that it wicks up any moisture that reaches the metal and then brings it to the white foam type material that you referred to as protective foam for a TV screen so that it can then evaporate the moisture that was trapped to help prevent rusting of the floor.
Paul @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #35
NC_John

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
That pretty useless stuff is a Exact duplicate of the factory original sound deadener & underlayment and the rubberized piece is designed so that it wicks up any moisture that reaches the metal and then brings it to the white foam type material that you referred to as protective foam for a TV screen so that it can then evaporate the moisture that was trapped to help prevent rusting of the floor.
Paul @ GMCPauls

That may be for some years but it didn't look like anything I found under the original floor mat of my 70.

It would be beneficial if you put some pictures of the products on the website to eliminate any confusion about what exactly is being offered. I like that you have a lot of made in the USA stuff but am wary about ordering things blind.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10

Last edited by NC_John; 08-29-2013 at 09:20 AM.
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #36
JOJABOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
Paul @ GMCPauls
Since you have inside knowledge of the products..... I'm not looking for "originality" I am looking for "durability". What do you recommend for carpet and under padding etc...? Also, what do you recommend for rubber flooring as far as durability?

I'm looking to redo the floor and kick panels. I do have gas tank behind the seat but have a bench seat so don't really care about tank carpet.
JOJABOY is offline   Reply With Quote