The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 11:29 PM   #26
trevrolet65

Re: What's the attraction?

I like them old, no matter if they are tall or short, if they are wide or narrow, trucks that is.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:38 PM   #27
burkeens

Quote:
If you really wanted to acquire knowledge you would spend some time educating yourself
Exactly what I was doing by asking the question. And I did acquire knowledge from many of the posts. Thank you to all who posted constructive responses. I now understand the attraction better.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:42 AM   #28
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Threads created with the soul intent of riling folks up, and or creating discontent have no place here. Locked...

And for the record.. I do not own nor have ever owned a lowered truck. I do however appreciate the work and enthusiasm put into the builds of those whom choose to go that route. To ask someone why they would choose to customize their truck the way they do, is essentially belittling them.. not cool at all.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #29
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I am posting this for the OP of this thread. It is not very often that folks request to make things right in a thread. More often then not we get yelled at etc instead. I want to thank the OP for contacting me about this, and for the following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkeens

I asked the moderators to open this thread to add this one last message.

I did not write this thread with the intention of causing hard feelings or controversy. But in re-reading my initial post, I agree that some of what I said was not cool. I really did want to understand the attaction better of certain modifications to our trucks. And this thread helped me do that. But I should not have taken the next step to suggest that those modifications or the people who make them are embarassing, undignified, etc. It really wasn't the spirit in which I meant the thread, but I got carried away, and became the embarassment myself. So I apologize to all who were offended and I appreciate the moderator's allowing me to make this apology. We are all doing with our trucks what gives us the most enjoyment and satisfaction, and that is what is most important. We should show respect to each other for doing that and I am sorry I didn't do so in this case.
Closed Thread