The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-20-2003, 06:10 PM   #1
moneyguru

I would play detective, find out from the register of deeds what property he owns and do some covert investigation. Somebody would have to have seen something. Print up fliers and flood the area that he lives/works, asking for information.

If he is using stolen parts to build these trucks somebody has to have seen something.

OR

Plan 2, get a gang of pissed off truck owners together and just go pay a visit, while there inspect his inventory of parts.

Too bad you weren't in Michigan, otherwise I'd help you. I don't take this kind of **** lightly!

M.G.
moneyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 06:17 PM   #2
landon4421
Life is Good !

From bad to bader I wish I lived up there I would get all decked out in the camos and go looking for you ! That kind of covert OP is fun !

I am already on one of them OP's out here ! Some guy stold some of my buddys tools, the police said we needed to prove what he did ! I am working on it ! LOL Already found the engine stand and cherry picker in his garage ! At 2:00 am you can do just about anything !
'14 Honda Accord Sport "commuter"

Last edited by landon4421; 11-20-2003 at 06:19 PM.
landon4421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 08:04 PM   #3
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

Landon, I would have cleaned his garage for him.
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 08:25 PM   #4
go-fast69

That is ridiculous, my wife is from Billings & I grew not too far from it. Don't remember crap like that happening. I will tell all my buddies that still live there to keep an eye out as they are into this kind of stuff as well. Hope it works out for ya and you get your stuff back.
69 swb GMC, 402 BB, 3:73 posi, 3" exhaust, forever a work in progress
go-fast69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 08:34 PM   #5
Maximum Overdrive
December 21, 2012

You might check with some of the salvage yards and see if anyone has tried to sell a clip to them or not. Possibly someone was looking to make some quick money as it seems the theft of the front clip would be a spur of the moment thing since you just had taken it off.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:08 PM   #6
swdobbs

Thanks for the advice - already done as well as the sand/soda blasting and painting shops.

5 trucks in a month! Billings is a relatively small community if they are still here then someone knows something. I have to think if they are here they will turn up eventually?

"Revenge is a dish best served COLD!" and I'm a patient man

Scott...
swdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 12:43 AM   #7
Hooter
My other Love

It isn't too bad here, whenever a big flash of crime happens here, it is usually organized and anything that gets stolen goes to the coast.

I had a bike stolen fromt the back of my truck, but I found it chained to someone elses hous (go figure they don't want someone else to steal my trek)
well anyways, called the cops told them where it was, and they told me not do anything until it went throught the station blah blah, so what I did was cut the bike lock took my bike and smashed their back window, what goes around comes around

Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)
Hooter_5@hotmail.com
First generation Monte Carlo club
pictures of my life
Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote