The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #26
AZBIG1

Re: Like new set of US Indy mags

Sold.
AZBIG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:12 PM   #27
swamp rat

Well this is a case of buyer beware, the original post leads one to believe that these are original vintage US Indy mags, but there not, there used/new Chinese imports I could have bought a set brand new including free lug nuts and free shipping for about the same price i paid here.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:43 PM   #28
AZBIG1

At a loss at your confusion. clearly state they were used. I was told these havent been made since the 70s.
I just checked us indy's web site and do not see these listed as available?!?
Old 04-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #29
swamp rat

Clearly cast on the back of the wheels.. Made in China what I meant was used/new production.

Swamp Rat build thread :

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
Old 04-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #30
Tillik

Not sure if these are the same ones. Looks like you can get them in 5 or 6 lug. My buddy said his Discount Tire guy can get them in. They just have to order the 6 lug versions.
Attached Images

Tillik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #31
swamp rat

I can post the webpage and pics when I get home..

Swamp Rat build thread :

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
Old 04-18-2014, 04:24 AM   #32
swamp rat

http://www.customwheelsexpress.com/c...ms-p-1917.html

http://www.customwheelsexpress.com/c...m=U10115908345

If these were actually VINTAGE wheels i would still have been happy but in my opinion the seller was misleading in the original post. "Made in China" is plain as day on the wheels, ya cant miss it, seller should not try to hide the facts.

$665 for used wheels with no caps or lugs VS $631 delivered for brand new rims with caps and a free locking lug set..Like i said buyer beware, my lesson is learned.

If any doubt the conversion factor for mm is 25.4, 5.5X25.4=139.7, thus 6 lug 139.7 pattern.

BTW no scratches? 2 of them have a couple scratches i can catch my thumb nail on.
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
Old 04-18-2014, 04:32 AM   #33
swamp rat

A couple more pic's.

Nothing like rims floating around in a box like this, there was a little more wrap but.. Are Styrofoam peanuts that expensive?
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
Old 04-18-2014, 08:35 AM   #34
68panelman

That really sucks. I almost jumped on these when the were first posted. Its a shame that the "Its all about me" attitude is carried into our forum. Just when you think you can have a little trust in someone here, they stick it up your ^$$. When your "Indy" product has the big "Made in China" tag, you need to question what your selling.
68panelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #35
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

IMHO refund/ return is warranted. Just saying
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #36
swamp rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
IMHO refund/ return is warranted. Just saying
Thank you Liz. I'm sure he's hit the road by now.

Swamp Rat build thread :

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
Old 04-18-2014, 12:02 PM   #37
AZBIG1

No one hiding here. I had no idea these were ever reproduced. No one asked what was stamped on the wheel or I would have gladly given any info. Any questions asked were replied to. Some had concerns on fitment. So I took the time to mount one so people could see how they fit. I mislead no one. I was hiding nothing. If you knew about the reproductions why didn't you ask for verification? I take strong offense to being accused of lying.
Only one I see misleading people on here is you. There was 3x's the foam paper in those boxes. Were did all the bubble wrap paper go? Were did the heavy carrdboard corners go? You complained multiple times about shipping. You couldn't understand why your shipping costs were $165 while the first gentleman I quoted in Nevada(hundreds of miles closer) was $125. I paid UPS $168. I paid out of my pocket for $500 of extra insurance believing these are irreplaceable.
Reread my 1st post. 9 out of 10. My apologies if I missed one scratch. Everything I seen was light polishable scuffs and very few. Like normal from dismounting a tire.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:15 PM   #38
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBIG1 View Post
No one hiding here. I had no idea these were ever reproduced. No one asked what was stamped on the wheel or I would have gladly given any info. Any questions asked were replied to. Some had concerns on fitment. So I took the time to mount one so people could see how they fit. I mislead no one. I was hiding nothing. If you knew about the reproductions why didn't you ask for verification? I take strong offense to being accused of lying.
Only one I see misleading people on here is you. There was 3x's the foam paper in those boxes. Were did all the bubble wrap paper go? Were did the heavy carrdboard corners go? You complained multiple times about shipping. You couldn't understand why your shipping costs were $165 while the first gentleman I quoted in Nevada(hundreds of miles closer) was $125. I paid UPS $168. I paid out of my pocket for $500 of extra insurance believing these are irreplaceable.
Reread my 1st post. 9 out of 10. My apologies if I missed one scratch. Everything I seen was light polishable scuffs and very few. Like normal from dismounting a tire.
I have the cleanest used set of Indy Mags I've ever seen! Original finish. Does not appear to have ever been polished. 15 x 9. 6 on 5.5 pattern. I put them as a 9 out of 10 with 10 being attainable with very light buffing. No scratches at all. Located in Phoenix, Az. Asking $500.00 for the set.

You never stated they were repo yourself in your add, that is misrepresentation. If you did not know, thats all good, but he deserves a refund due to this. The scratches are another issue all together.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #39
AZBIG1

Really pisses me off being accused of lying. "are shipping peanuts that expensive?" Dude you were *****ing about shipping $$$ before i even got boxes for them.
I will do this. I will refund $100 back to you. I think that is fair. I apologize for any confusion. Again had I known or had you asked we wouldn't be here. FWIW, we could have resolved this with a pm. Most people would START with that. Then if nothing is resolved, open forum bashing seems to be the next step. This is just an observation on my part. I have bought and sold on multiple forums. NEVER a complaint. I did not lie or mislead in anyway.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:20 PM   #40
AZBIG1

My last post was posted before I read the admin's post.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:22 PM   #41
AZBIG1

Just wanted to clarify I wanted to resolve this BEFORE admin got involved.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:24 PM   #42
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Really pisses me off being accused of lying. "are shipping peanuts that expensive?" Dude you were *****ing about shipping $$$ before i even got boxes for them.
I will do this. I will refund $100 back to you. I think that is fair. I apologize for any confusion. Again had I known or had you asked we wouldn't be here. FWIW, we could have resolved this with a pm. Most people would START with that. Then if nothing is resolved, open forum bashing seems to be the next step. This is just an observation on my part. I have bought and sold on multiple forums. NEVER a complaint. I did not lie or mislead in anyway.
I really feel like maybe you should go for a walk or something, cool down and come back and reread this. If it was you purchasing, I am sure you would feel differently. 500 is a lot to pay out for a product you did not expect. Misrepresentation is more infuriating then most things. Please calm down a few and look at it from the buyers prospective as well. Fussing and tempers will only lead to pissing matches, hard feelings and suspended accounts

Quote:
Just wanted to clarify I wanted to resolve this BEFORE admin got involved.
You have every opportunity to do so. No need to be upset or defensive I read the site like everyone else..
Old 04-18-2014, 12:55 PM   #43
AZBIG1

My apologies for my responses if I offended anyone. Just VERY frustrating to have this happen when starting a new forum and wanting to establish myself as a trusted member. I want/plan to both buy and sell on this site and my honesty and trustworthiness is something I take EXTREME pride in.

9 times out of ten, my personal dealings either locally or online end up with a new friendship and stay in contact for future reference/advice/parts sales.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:39 PM   #44
swamp rat

When you replied to me in Post 28 it was evident i wasn't happy, you also had every opportunity to say lets take this to PM so i think were both guilty. The fact that you offered nothing at that time to help resolve the issue led me to add more posts.

I also stated i did remove some of the packaging but the reality is the rims were floating around in the boxes, all the "corner protectors" were all just floating around in the boxes too, they aren't really corner protectors ether just some hard cardboard angle pieces about 5" long, but i didn't see any shipping damage so we can let that go, i posted the pic of the box out of my frustration.

I did PM you to ask about the shipping after i got them because i did a calculation from your zip to mine with the package dim's and weight and it came up short of what i paid for shipping, when you replied that you added insurance i said that was acceptable, that's not *****ing its just asking.

I have known Indy wheels to be around for a long time, i did not know Aluminum slots were being Re-manufactured under the Indy name, but i did hear by word of mouth that aluminum slot mags were being reproduced. the wording of your initial post did not lead me to believe these could be knock offs so i didn't research it any further, hence my post about "Buyer Beware"

I think were both at fault on this transaction in different ways, i accept your apology and wish to add mine as well.

The question now is where to go from here, knowing i could get a brand new set for less money that included caps and locking lugs does not make me too happy, I would be happy with the used knockoffs but i don't really feel that a $100 refund is enough when ya take note of the scratch's, no caps or lugs..

Swamp Rat build thread :

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
Old 04-19-2014, 12:41 PM   #45
AZBIG1

Once you put this in public it had to stay here. If you would have STARTED this in PM it would have been resolved without all this BS and making us look like idiots.
If I would have asked to go PM it would make me look guilty which I definitely am not. It sucks neither one of us new about the repo's. post 28 was merely a "what are you talking about?" response.
I'm taking this to PM now.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #46
swamp rat

Ok, i have just PM'ed you about 15 minutes ago to tell you i will be here in the evening and we could hash this thing out. I'm out the door now with prior commitments, be back later.

Swamp Rat build thread :

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
Old 04-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #47
AZBIG1

Got your PM while I was typing.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:23 PM   #48
swamp rat

You still out there? awaiting a reply to my PM. Thanks!

Swamp Rat build thread :

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
Old 04-21-2014, 12:18 AM   #49
AZBIG1

So much for keeping this in PM. My offer still stands.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:29 AM   #50
ETsC10
Hand Crafted C-10

ETsC10 is offline   Reply With Quote