The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-09-2016, 11:25 PM   #26
Sand85

Re: Boiling over.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Parrot View Post
Assuming the clutch is good, should work. You will need to pickup four water pump studs, nuts and lock washers if you didn't keep the four from yard donor vehicle. That looks like the same type of 7 blade fan mine has.
Thank you deadparrot, I will purchasing the fan and fan clutch tomorrow, along with fan shroud it looked it was in pretty good condition(shroud). I will try get everything I can off the donor has to offer.
Sand85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:35 PM   #27
Sand85

Re: Boiling over.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestep View Post
Although I would recommend running a fan clutch, this is not your problem. It will not make the fan turn any faster than the spacer does! The fan and clutch from the wrecking yard should work okay, if the clutch is working properly.
Running without a fan shroud will definitely move very little air at an idle.
Make sure that the coolant recovery system is all working properly so that you end up with no air in the system that can cause an airlock. Also make sure that your belts are properly tensioned.
Bluestep, thank you. The coolant recovery tank is where the boiling water is going to when I hear and see it. I have picked the truck up on blocks to get any air pockets out of the engine and radiator while running, thus searching for the fan clutch and any accessories to go along with it. I really don't want to run electric fan(s) or new radiator.
Sand85 is offline   Reply With Quote