The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2009, 09:03 PM   #1
65VOL

The Wedding Project

Alright, Its taken me some time to get to the point where I am actually making progress on my 65 long bed. And I'm feeling its now time to start a build thread. Here's the reason for the title. I'm graduating from college this coming May and will be getting married in July, and my fiance and I plan on driving this away from the wedding. I also plan to drive it from Knoxville to Virginia where we'll be having the wedding, and for this high demand I'm going to need to be in a reliable place with my truck.
The truck is original from 65 as it walked out of the factory with a few exceptions. One of these being the column shift having been moved to the floor, but I don't mind much. The engine is the original 230 inline 6 and the odometer reads 56 and some change...Which is more likely 156 and some change haha.
Anyway, I have all kinds of motivation to get this truck back on the road soon, and my only enemy is that which we all know...Time. My plans are to get it back to an "updated original" state. I'll be painting it an original paint scheme ; white on top w/ dark green on bottom, but It'll be flat/satin paints instead of a glossy finish. Also I'd like to install air bags for ride height adjustment as well as load capacity, but that will have to wait for a bit.

Enough of that; questions/comments/suggestions are welcomed. Here are some pictures.

Thats all for now.

65VOL

Last edited by 65VOL; 03-04-2009 at 09:31 PM.
65VOL is offline   Reply With Quote