The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2017, 10:36 PM   #26
Boog
laying low

Re: White Letter or White Walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatinSeventy2 View Post
My wife is as much into this build as I am, and she likes the white walls. Btw..she's the cook. So, it will take an overwhelming majority of "white letters" to sway her opinion. But, I might just have to remind her that she said "I don't care what it looks like as long as it jars the ground when running"!
Oh I like your wife. White walls and ground pounding eh? And she cooks. Yeah buddy. She's a keeper.
I've got one too.
Attached Images

91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:02 AM   #27
El Dorado Jim

Raised white letters!!!!
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:09 AM   #28
71threequarterton

I'm usually not a fan of either but that pic with the white walls looks good.

71 Chevrolet C20
94 GMC Yukon 4x4

71threequarterton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:31 AM   #29
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

The whitewalls on your truck work perfect on it. To me RWL tires came on 60's & 70's Muscle Cars and in my opinion that is where they should stay. As Jocko pointed out the thinner whitewalls with P01 wheel covers look great too.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:18 AM   #30
SatinSeventy2

Thumbs up Re: White Letter or White Walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Oh I like your wife. White walls and ground pounding eh? And she cooks. Yeah buddy. She's a keeper.
I've got one too.
AWESOME!!! Btw, not only does she cook...she goes out and kills it!
Attached Images

SatinSeventy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:13 AM   #31
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
LOL..."gloss" white I might add!!!

No, I didn't know. Not sure what type of covers you are talkin' about. But, the right ones could really help the white wall look.

Please advise.
The wheel covers that came on these trucks, or any other 15" wheel cover for an American vehicle. And, they'll pop onto any traditionally built steel wheel, such as rallyes, wagon wheels, nuggets, smoothies,etc. By traditionally built I mean before the junk you see these days that seem to be modeled after FWD wheels with virtually no outer rim, just flat faced ugly BS.

I'm not a fan of the '50s wide whites on this era truck. But, will admit I have seen a few with that look and it looks good. I don't like most modern ultra size alloys people run on these trucks either. I run what I like and others have ugly trucks. NO, I meant to say others run what they like (and I respect that). I even like some a lot, just not for me. One thing I think is as ugly as it gets is blackwalls with wheel covers. Looks like dad got cheap on tires. It's blackwalls & hubcaps or narrow whites & wheel covers for me. Poverty/plain or Optioned/fancy. No raised white letters with wheel covers, either. Wheel covers are the other end of the spectrum from high performance and white letters suggest high-performance. You never saw a car at the track with wheel covers...except full moons screwed on (ugly but for a function)

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:22 AM   #32
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
The wheel covers that came on these trucks, or any other 15" wheel cover for an American vehicle. And, they'll pop onto any traditionally built steel wheel, such as rallyes, wagon wheels, nuggets, smoothies,etc. By traditionally built I mean before the junk you see these days that seem to be modeled after FWD wheels with virtually no outer rim, just flat faced ugly BS.

I'm not a fan of the '50s wide whites on this era truck. But, will admit I have seen a few with that look and it looks good. I don't like most modern ultra size alloys people run on these trucks either. I run what I like and others have ugly trucks. NO, I meant to say others run what they like (and I respect that). I even like some a lot, just not for me. One thing I think is as ugly as it gets is blackwalls with wheel covers. Looks like dad got cheap on tires. It's blackwalls & hubcaps or narrow whites & wheel covers for me. Poverty/plain or Optioned/fancy. No raised white letters with wheel covers, either. Wheel covers are the other end of the spectrum from high performance and white letters suggest high-performance. You never saw a car at the track with wheel covers...except full moons screwed on (ugly but for a function)
You should try writing for a living Tim. I always enjoy your straight from the hip no prisoners taken comments and like this column, whoops I meant comment, usually agree with you !!!

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

Old 03-14-2017, 08:39 AM   #33
SatinSeventy2

Quote:

Thanks...much appreciated! I will look up a few covers to see if there's anything I like that's cheap. Due to the amount of money still yet to spend on mechanical stuff; most likely, will have to go with either of the two picture...30" chrome will come later
Old 03-14-2017, 08:47 AM   #34
special-K
Special Order

I get you on the budget thing. Being able to get it done at all is always a good thing. When you go to do the 30s start small. First buy the ladder and get that tricked out. Then raise it up for them terdies. That way you can still drive it till you raise loot for da hoopz

Thanks Already Gone? I try to give my opinion more to show another angle than to tell what to do. The downfall is like right now, I see you responded already and my first thought was, "Didn't or doesn't Greg have a C/10 with wheel covers and blackwalls?" :doh: I never mean to insult. It's more like now I feel like a terd. Well, now ya know how I feel. But really, the whole picture is that's me and when I look at one with blackwalls I'm thinking how it would look better with whitewalls and move on. What I'd be saying is nothing about that and just good stuff.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 03-14-2017, 08:56 AM   #35
SatinSeventy2

With me being new to the site, I wasn't really expecting so many opinions. BUT, greatly appreciated! We all like what we like and if what we don't like just happens to look like crap; well, it just looks like crap. Like an earlier reply stated in regards to my truck, in a nice way, PAINT THAT UGLY TRUCK RED!
Old 03-14-2017, 09:58 AM   #36
pappy 2

Satin,

All you need to do now is, get a set of steel wheels, paint them bright red with baby moons and keep the white walls.

Maybe a little more pin-stripping and some fuzzy dice.

The white walls I think look the best.

GOOD LOOKING TRUCK

pappy
pappy 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:04 AM   #37
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Blackwalls or white letter.
Nice truck!
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:28 AM   #38
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

[QUOTE=special-K;7885460]I get you on the budget thing. Being able to get it done at all is always a good thing. When you go to do the 30s start small. First buy the ladder and get that tricked out. Then raise it up for them terdies. That way you can still drive it till you raise loot for da hoopz

Thanks Already Gone? I try to give my opinion more to show another angle than to tell what to do. The downfall is like right now, I see you responded already and my first thought was, "Didn't or doesn't Greg have a C/10 with wheel covers and blackwalls?" :doh: I never mean to insult. It's more like now I feel like a terd. Well, now ya know how I feel. But really, the whole picture is that's me and when I look at one with blackwalls I'm thinking how it would look better with whitewalls and move on. What I'd be saying is nothing about that and just good stuff.[/QUOTe

Yes ,I have blackwalls with P01's. The tires were on the truck when I bought it and they actually had the raised white letters on the outside. It cost me a 100.00 to get them turned around. When they wear out the truck will get thin whitewalls or if I decide to put rallys on, blackwalls. I'd love to have the whitewalls on now but its economics.
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2017, 11:45 AM   #39
SatinSeventy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy 2 View Post
Satin,

All you need to do now is, get a set of steel wheels, paint them bright red with baby moons and keep the white walls.

Maybe a little more pin-stripping and some fuzzy dice.

The white walls I think look the best.

GOOD LOOKING TRUCK

pappy
I live the red wheel/white letter look, but not with my blue pin striping. BUT, the white fuzzy dice are a must!
Old 03-14-2017, 11:48 AM   #40
SatinSeventy2

[quote=Already Gone;7885556]
Quote:
I get you on the budget thing. Being able to get it done at all is always a good thing. When you go to do the 30s start small. First buy the ladder and get that tricked out. Then raise it up for them terdies. That way you can still drive it till you raise loot for da hoopz

Thanks Already Gone? I try to give my opinion more to show another angle than to tell what to do. The downfall is like right now, I see you responded already and my first thought was, "Didn't or doesn't Greg have a C/10 with wheel covers and blackwalls?" :doh: I never mean to insult. It's more like now I feel like a terd. Well, now ya know how I feel. But really, the whole picture is that's me and when I look at one with blackwalls I'm thinking how it would look better with whitewalls and move on. What I'd be saying is nothing about that and just good stuff.[/QUOTe

Yes ,I have blackwalls with P01's. The tires were on the truck when I bought it and they actually had the raised white letters on the outside. It cost me a 100.00 to get them turned around. When they wear out the truck will get thin whitewalls or if I decide to put rallys on, blackwalls. I'd love to have the whitewalls on now but its economics.
Yeah, now that's a good looking truck!!!
Old 03-14-2017, 03:58 PM   #41
BugzC10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs71 View Post
I think the look you are going for with your truck the whitewalls would be my choice,they play off the white roof.
X2
Old 03-14-2017, 04:16 PM   #42
demian5

Quote:
Hello, new to this site and created my first post on the welcome forum earlier today. I would like to know your opinion on what looks the best on the truck I'm building; white letters or white walls???
On that truck, white walls, and add some bolt on 1 1/2" spacers to the rear to get the tires out to match the front. All the difference in the world my man!
1983 K2500 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2
Instagram: C10sofOC
demian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 04:42 PM   #43
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
With me being new to the site, I wasn't really expecting so many opinions. BUT, greatly appreciated! We all like what we like and if what we don't like just happens to look like crap; well, it just looks like crap. Like an earlier reply stated in regards to my truck, in a nice way, PAINT THAT UGLY TRUCK RED!
Yep, some fellers have mighty strong opinions around here. You know what they say about opinions. Well, some are bigger than others
[quote=Already Gone;7885556]
Quote:
That truck looks great with blackwalls and wheel covers, if it was red . It doesn't bother me that much. Actually not at all. It's not mine. If it was it would bug me enough to get narrow whitewalls, same as you.

Tim