The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #26
70cst

Re: Local truck for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
Any parts I buy I get from a local parts supplier, Arts Classic Truck Parts (60 miles). I don't buy a lot of new stuff, I repair almost everything. If I have an inner panel that has rust I cut it out and weld in new metal, same with core supports, etc. and I do all of my own work. I do not add any bling because I don't think it adds anything to the truck except cost.

Here is my secret... I only deal in abandoned project trucks. You can buy them for pennies on the dollar and if you do your homework and know what you are looking at you can buy them with all of the hard work and high dollar stuff done.

Here is one example in this link:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=578866

I am working on the Blue truck now. I will have around 6k in this truck when it is finished....

Another example:

The most I have ever had in a truck when it was finished is 9k and that was the Red & White truck pictured below. I sold it for $16,500 so you know it was a pretty nice truck. To keep this on topic, compare it to the truck in the first post in this thread...

LockDoc

LockDoc has the key to flipping trucks at a profit

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #27
BruthaMan
US Army Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdude239 View Post
Also for 16k i expect a perfect cleaned engine compartment and fresh paint you can buy and restore a truck for like 8-10k
Posted via Mobile Device
That's what I thought too, when I undertook the "Pancho Villa" project in my signature (1978). I have well over 30k in that truck.
BruthaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:09 AM   #28
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

I have around $18k in my truck. Biggest single purchase was the original purchase of a newly "every nut and bolt" built rolling chassis, two cabs, a steel floored
bed and the nice 71 front clip. 350/350 drive train and new steering box. $3,500 from a pal.

Next big purchase was the Vintage Air at around $1,200. Tires and wheels were under a grand. I'm trying to think, but I can't remember one other part that
individually cost more than $150. Got the electric windows as a present. Got the tilt wheel as a present. Got the buckets as a present.

Many, many $50 parts. And more parts and trips to the hardware store at $30 a pop than I could possibly count.

Four years laying under the beast, she's was probably worth about $8,000 (to the right person) or less just before she went to the painter last month.

We decided to put another $4,500 into RAT so we could make her worth $10,000.
Dumb? Yup, if it's about the $$$$$. Not as dumb as it's GOING to be when I put some cash in the motor. Now THAT's Dumb!!!

I don't have a big checkbook. Smaller than most folks, I'd bet. And I don't care.
Attached Images

But always a rat.

Last edited by magwakeenercew2jh; 07-23-2013 at 03:50 PM.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #29
special-K
Special Order

That truck,that was the topic of this thread when it began,is a SWB CST BBC. It has a minimum worth of more than other trucks the same year. It's a diamond in the rough. What a seller like this doesn't get is either he has to fix it up to get it's full potential value or the buyer does. If the buyer does,then the expense begins after he buys it so the value is far less than almost as much as when it's done. If it was relatively unmolested with the obvious body faults it would be worth more than how it sits. Seeing busted up bondo that shows rust beneath on the hood is literally the tip of the iceberg. If it's rusted there that's bad. That body has been let go shamefully far for a truck with such potential value and this seller should punish himself by selling cheap not reward himself for hanging on too long. If it's worth so much,I say make it better. If he can't then he has to pay someone else and that's either by selling way below value as is or paying to have the body done.
LocDoc buys trucks from owners who have come to this realization. Abandoned projects should be sold at a loss. They are a sign of failure and that's on the owner. No trophies for losers here

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #30
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That truck,that was the topic of this thread when it began,is a SWB CST BBC. It has a minimum worth of more than other trucks the same year. It's a diamond in the rough. What a seller like this doesn't get is either he has to fix it up to get it's full potential value or the buyer does. If the buyer does,then the expense begins after he buys it so the value is far less than almost as much as when it's done. If it was relatively unmolested with the obvious body faults it would be worth more than how it sits. Seeing busted up bondo that shows rust beneath on the hood is literally the tip of the iceberg. If it's rusted there that's bad. That body has been let go shamefully far for a truck with such potential value and this seller should punish himself by selling cheap not reward himself for hanging on too long. If it's worth so much,I say make it better. If he can't then he has to pay someone else and that's either by selling way below value as is or paying to have the body done.
LocDoc buys trucks from owners who have come to this realization. Abandoned projects should be sold at a loss. They are a sign of failure and that's on the owner. No trophies for losers here
Well put...amen

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #31
BADPURPLE70CHEVY
406 Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Very well put. By the time you bought the truck and fixed it up. Well we all know what that means..... $$$$$$$$$$$$$
72 4x4
BADPURPLE70CHEVY is offline   Reply With Quote