The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-16-2003, 04:07 PM   #26
MandarinSixSeven
Seasonal Poster

rangernsk, couldn't have said it any better myself, that was perfect. Parting out a junker with no hope and a few good parts left, go ahead...but to take a truck that is so close to being a perfect truck and tear it apart, why? why would you not keep the parts together and have a good truck, its already there, no need to find more parts, now all it is, is a useless frame.
Kelowna BC, Canada
Member of DTPW
MandarinSixSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 04:18 PM   #27
paintpyro

Big Orange, now look what you started, LOL. This subject has come up before. The fact is, these trucks will never be rare like a 57 Bel Air. The fact is they are out there. Maybe not in some peoples neighborhoods, but obviously, they do exist. If any of you think he's in it for the cash, you should check out the Burb in his avatar. It was in Classic Trucks. He sold it after that, and I guarantee you that he did not make a huge profit on it. The old rule still exists, if you buy it, you get to do what you want. If it makes you mad, look harder and farther, and buy the next one(then we can yell at you for not partin it out to us )
rallys and BFGs
-We can rebuild it, we have the technology-lower,shinier,faster
paintpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 07:10 PM   #28
BIG ORANGE

Guy's Guy's calm down it's not like you think at all,I found the truck someone had already got the engine and trans out of it and I new a guy that needed a solid air cab,doors,radiator support and the frame,he is building a nice chopped 72 and he is also a board member and another board member needed the bedpanels and another board member needed all the automatic stuff and I needed the front bed panel and wheel tubes so that one poor ole truck will become 3 or more trucks and it will help pay for my 69 Harley Davison addition Chevy pickup. I dont think it's any different then me being a organ donor,which I am,so when I die someone will get my engine and trans or posi and my death will save other's,well this mint truck has saved other trucks.
As far as Big Orange, parting out these trucks is what helped pay for her and I made 4000.00 profit for the record,and had her for 4 yrs. After the magazine Article that was the cherry on the cake and it was time to sell and start something different! Sorry if any of you dont like my views but I dont worship every truck I get, I look at the big picture down the road!

Things happen for a reason!
BIG ORANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 09:00 PM   #29
meathead95
computer illiterate

right on big o
Old 04-16-2003, 09:17 PM   #30
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Being a close personal friend of Big's I can honestly say he would not part the truck if it wasn't the right thing to do.As for making money on a completed project you need to divide that $4,000 by 4 years at about a 10.000 hours a year and figure out how much per hour he made building it.
If Big was getting rich off of these trucks he would have a hard time doing because everyone on this BB and within the confines of the U.S.A. would be competing with him.
If you're looking for a project truck in that kind of shape I'm sure you E-mail Big and he will find one for you.Just remember he's in this hobby too and will need to make at least as much per hour on it as he did for the work he did on the Orange 'Burb.
Also as far as the time spent stripping the truck,obviously his wife was busy so he didn't have his main truck building partner helping.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 10:14 PM   #31
knucklebuster
Failure is NOT an option!

Paintpyro,that was a very good point about these trucks being out there.I never counted how many i pass in a day until today.I saw 15 of them today not that they were your nicer ones but there were still running!!!

1969 Chevy Shortbed Fleetside
1969 Camaro ps pb a/c(drove in high school now it's just a yard ornament,but it's next on the list for resto)
1990 Ni$$an hardbody( daily beater that has been really beaten!)
1999 Grand Am GT(wifes ride...never buy a pontiac!!Trust Me)
knucklebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 10:39 PM   #32
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

Hang in there Donnie, its your truck do as you wish!
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 01:13 AM   #33
Hardrock2
A$$ deep into trucks

??????????? Daaaaaaaang!!
Did I miss something here??,
Doesn't NICE PARTS+ NICE PARTS+ HARD WORK= NICE TRUCK???
No sense spending the whole day scrapping a POS pile o'rust!!
I'm with ya all the way Big Orange!!

BTW, I'd like to hear more 'bout the '69 HD pickup, sounds interesting!!!
Old 04-18-2003, 09:47 AM   #34
Shane
Account Suspended

Your not alone Big O ... I bought a parts truck a few months back, posted a pic and stated that I intended to "swap" some parts off of it to my project. You should have heard the bashign I took for that one ... I wasn't even parting it out, just swapping parts.

I am of the mindset that "If I bought it, with my own money, then I can do whatever the hell I want to with it ..."
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 06:27 PM   #35
540 Stroker

Quote:
Originally posted by knucklbuster
Paintpyro,that was a very good point about these trucks being out there.I never counted how many i pass in a day until today.I saw 15 of them today not that they were your nicer ones but there were still running!!!
Come up North to the rust belt. You'll be lucky to see 15 a year and that's not an exaggeration. I just saw 1 rather nice 72 last week, only the 3rd I've seen all year.... not counting mine. You're right saying they're out there, but they're not everywhere.
Old 04-19-2003, 01:34 AM   #36
meathead95
computer illiterate

540 Stroker
I moved to nashville from central illinois last year and I used to see 5 to 10 a day up their I think they are around every corner no matter where you go
Old 04-19-2003, 07:08 AM   #37
540 Stroker

Not around Chicago and the suburbs. 8-10 years ago I used to see more, but even then there weren't that many.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:42 AM   #38
Seke69
Space Cadet

okay I have no way to ask other than blurt it out.

how much did you pay for that?
(if you'd rather not answer, that's cool with me) I'm just curious what something like goes for down there.

I WISH I could find parts like that up here. I live in a pretty large metropolitan area, with quite a bit of snow fall, and of course, they salt the hell out of the roads, often, so people can go places... no body panels like that here. I'd have just thrown the engine from the 69 in there and had me a nice truck, which is basically the same as you parting it out... so, yeah... nice find.
Seke69 is offline   Reply With Quote