The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-06-2004, 01:59 AM   #26
allthrtl
Available for Adoption

I've never dealt with AIM, so I can't speak for there business practices, but that might explain some of the difference in price. I'm glad the quality is good. I was just concerned that spindles with a name brand are all around $200-275 and AIM's are $150, justifiably raises an eyebrow...

Thanks Eric.....I'm hoping my 255/60's won't rub too badly... I decided to go ahead and go with the 2" springs and 2 1/2" spindles. My rear springs are pretty worn so the truck sits almost level now, so I'm hoping the 5" flip will be enough to give it just a little rake, I like that stance best.

With any luck, all my parts will be here by the weekend and I can get everything done. I've got all my rear end parts gathered up, so hopefully I can do the rear end, suspension and brakes in 3 1/2 days....
Old 01-06-2004, 04:17 AM   #27
SixthFloorFreak

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/s...threadid=31397

"Stay away from AIM, Chasis Tech, Rickyracer or anyother company associated with them.
Most of the time cheap parts aren't a bargan, they're just cheap.
You want to use parts from Belltech, DJM, Western Chasis, Hotchkins, Air Ride Tech., or Air Lift."

there are some pretty knowledgable guys over on FSC, so i would probably heed that warning
SixthFloorFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 09:52 AM   #28
SCOTI

SixthFloorFreak, there are some pretty knowledgeable guys here as well. Just because 1 AIM part sux doesn't mean they all suck. Have you ever used their spindles? I have & didn't have any problems w/them. They fit & worked liked they should.

I don't care for the overall image of AIM but the fact is their spindles worked. Four different times. Four different vehicles.

But lately their business practices of higher than norm shipping/restocking fees are why I use other sources.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 09:18 PM   #29
SixthFloorFreak

Quote:
Originally posted by SCOTI
SixthFloorFreak, there are some pretty knowledgeable guys here as well. Just because 1 AIM part sux doesn't mean they all suck. Have you ever used their spindles? I have & didn't have any problems w/them. They fit & worked liked they should.

I don't care for the overall image of AIM but the fact is their spindles worked. Four different times. Four different vehicles.

But lately their business practices of higher than norm shipping/restocking fees are why I use other sources.
i never even offered my opinion on the matter, never claimed to have used their products, just posted something i'd read that i thought everyone might be interested in.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:35 PM   #30
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally posted by SixthFloorFreak

i never even offered my opinion on the matter, never claimed to have used their products, just posted something i'd read that i thought everyone might be interested in.
Understood. I was just curious if you had used their products & maybe had a bad deal & could share some insight. I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking you personally.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 01-06-2004 at 09:48 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 11:47 PM   #31
SixthFloorFreak

Quote:
Originally posted by SCOTI

Understood. I was just curious if you had used their products & maybe had a bad deal & could share some insight. I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking you personally.
sorry if i came across an ass....guess i took your post the wrong way. its all good though