The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #26
timjt

Re: Got a call today......

Why don't you tell them that shaped bushes and victorian styled box cutter homes are an eye sore?

1983 short n wide custom deluxe SOLD

1985 silverado longbed 305 engine 700r4

OH NO! NOT ANOTHER LEARNING EXPERIENCE!!!

"Just because you can do it, doesn't mean that you should"
timjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:06 PM   #27
m6z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynotnow817 View Post
.....from my HOA. Seems they have been getting complaints about my 65. He was very sympathetic and even said he likes my truck.

It is parked legally on my curb. He said "they" are saying it is an eye sore.

It must be driving one of my neighbors crazy. Funny thing is, it can be "as is" but in my driveway, no problem. He called me to warn me that he has to take it before the board. I will be putting it my driveway after that happens.

So lesson of the day is.....

NEVER LIVE IN A HOUSE THAT HAS AN HOA!!!!
I don't get people who ***** about HOA's. You decided to live there, you agreed to the conditions. Either adapt or move.

Personally I'll never live in a house with a HOA, but this is one of the reasons they do exist.

But at the same time I wouldn't leave my old truck parked on the street for fear it would get hit. Rather have the old stuff inside out of the elements and the new stuff outside.

Looking for a 67-72 short bed driver.....

Last edited by m6z; 12-21-2010 at 03:08 PM.
m6z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:16 PM   #28
SIR
SIR

...there will be NO escape from these people,it WILL GET WORSE!! wait till your kids bring home there projects, and you MUST tell them "sorry kids,the H.O.A. FORBIDS IT", and WE must CONFORM...try putting up a screen door that DOSN'T match everyone elses and see wht happens.(sorry for the rant)
Old 12-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #29
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

prime reason why I want to avoid HOA's...hoping to be a first-time home buyer in the near future, & i guarantee you I will be shopping for places where I don't have to deal with that crap...good luck & hope you get things straightened out!
likaroc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:31 PM   #30
edflores

I always watch out for my projects every time a house goes up for sale. That seems to be when people ***** the most. I live in an area that has code enforcement, which can be like HOA's.
edflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #31
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

No matter how you slice it, HOA's suck!! I will never live in one. I like my freedom too much!!

Dont get me wrong, I see the plus side, but its at a cost.

1997 Tahoe LT 4D 2WD (DD)
2001 Blazer 4D 2WD
1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
61_FL_Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #32
jbgroby

A few things, First read your HOA rules. I understand NO HOA can place Rules against someone elses LEGAL and Correcty Titled and insured Mean to make a living (HOA) DO NOT SUPERCEDE Country and state laws, Because IF they did the utilites would belong to them, etc. . They "Might" have the right to make it be parked off the street, BUT IF you use it to communte to your place of employment they cannot rule against it being seen.
jbgroby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:17 PM   #33
1BadSS
NOT REALLY BANNED!

I miss my old house. Bought it a couple years before the farmer sold the remaining land I hadn't bought. I was situated on 10 acres. Filled the back up with projects in waiting. About a year after the other acreage was sold. Houses started to pop up in a development. I started having people come over and complain about them. Basically told each and every one of them to F-off. They tried to get the county to come in and complain. County wouldn't do jack about it, but laugh at them for wasting their time.

Kept on getting nasty grams, so I took a 87 taurus, a 79 f150 and a dodge omni and flipped them on their lids with a track-hoe and lit them on fire. Then left them. Had a wild bonfire that night. Point was proven after the vehicles were left, charred on their roof.
68 C20 LWB stripper truck
73 K5 Cheyenne
76 C20 Sierra Crew SRW
88 K20 Suburban

I'm not hammering on metal just to hammer, i'm creating a piece of art.
1BadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #34
62 Bowtie

Eyesore! You tell em your buddy Big Tony's gonna give em a (soreeye) if they dont back off
62 Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:07 AM   #35
kiknrocks
65 Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62 Bowtie View Post
Eyesore! You tell em your buddy Big Tony's gonna give em a (soreeye) if they dont back off
I like your style
kiknrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:09 PM   #36
gimmy 64

jbgroby is right just because some one does not like your truck dosn't make it against the cc&rs. my hoa sent me a letter on my truck saying it was a stored vehicle i just showed them my registration and insurance card and have not heard from them since. read your cc&rs
gimmy 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #37
creep
Registered Loser

Maybe you should have some forum members over for a cookout and line the street with "eyesores".

'63 GMC lwb, 383, th350, lays frame, genuine patina.
The Build Thread - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=374267
'88 Astro cargo bagged, shaved, phantom grille. *SOLD*
'50 Chevy 2 door sedan awaiting attention.
2014 Silverado Ext cab, 5.3, daily driver.
creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:10 PM   #38
dwragon

My nearest neighbor lives in a barn, he's a horny old fellow, and weighs 6000 pounds, and he is totally full of BULLSh*t, but he keeps his yard well mowed.
But thats why my property note is $950 a month on 150 acres for 15 years, because my Dad lives in one of those HOA thingys. and I love to collect old junk cars.
dwragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #39
78 Chevyrado
Account Suspended

HOA is just bureaucrats that couldn't make it in the Govt. I think HOAs should be banned as there's no reason to have a council under the City or town level. It's blatant descrimination and is allowed because it always has been.

Watch em though, They can Sink you totally since you signed their little paper.

http://www.modacity.net/forums/showt...ed-800-payment

Last edited by 78 Chevyrado; 12-22-2010 at 09:23 PM.
78 Chevyrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:10 PM   #40
jbgroby

This story broke last year I think and this old Veteran broke it off in the A** of his HOA about being able to have a flag pole in his front yard.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...e_against.html

Col. Van T. Barfoot, 90, Wins Battle Against Virginia HOA to Fly the Flag
Medal of Honor Recipient Victorious in Battle Against Homeowners Association
Tony Jingo, Yahoo! Contributor Network
Dec 9, 2009 \

the Sussex Square homeowners association (HOA) in Virginia threatened legal action against 90-year old Van T. Barfoot if he did not take down his flagpole from his yard by 5 p.m. Friday.

Barfoot noted that there is no provision in Sussex Square's rules that forbids erecting flagpoles. For the Barfoot family flying the American Flag is a cause worth fighting for.

Van T. Barfoot is a retired Army Colonel that bravely defended our Freedoms in World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War. Col Barfoot is a recipient of the Medal of Honor and Purple Heart.

Col. Barfoot, while fighting during WWII in Carano, Italy, single-handedly destroyed a set of German machine gun nests, killed eight enemy soldiers, took 17 prisoners and stared down a tank before destroying it and killing its crew AND managed to move two of his wounded men 1,700 yards to safety. Col. Van T. Barfoot did all this in a single day!

The Sussex Square HOA refused to make an exception for this man.

Folks, this is an American story and should transcend partisan politics. Patriotism is not owned by any given Party. I have no idea how Col. Barfoot votes and quite frankly, I do not care. I do know that Barfoot is an American hero and an honored Defender of Freedom that deserves our respect and gratitude. Democratic Senators Warner and Webb agreed and championed the cause.

Veterans' groups rallied resulting in national media attention. Obama's spokesman called the HOA request "silly." For an excellent retelling of the colonel's heroics check out Mark Levin's commentary.

On December 08, it was reported that the Sussex Square HOA agreed to stop their legal action against Van T. Barfoot. The retired Army Colonel is now free to fly the Flag in his front yard.

This is reminiscent of the management of the Oaks Apartments in Oregon ordering the residents to stop displaying the American Flag on their apartments and/or vehicles, more on that here.

Col Van T. Barfoot at 90-years old is one of the oldest living World War II veterans who received the Medal of Honor; Barfoot is not alone in that distinction.
jbgroby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:42 PM   #41
ol_skool_chevy

I use to live in a HOA area and the Fat lady that walked her yippy little dog in spandex was an "eye sore". and she ***** the most.
Your truck is Vintage Art.

Everyone has their own idea of Eye sore...
Attached Images

Built it yourself, don't count on others to to do it for you or with you. It will never get done
ol_skool_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:04 AM   #42
81ShrtBox
MadMan

these stories are scary... I purchased a lot in one of the nicest subdivisions in this area.. I want to be in a nice secluded area. It has a HOA and from what I'm hearing its strict. They already told me that I can only have 2 doors facing the street, the yard has to be landscaped within 30days of finishing the home, and my garage has to match the house... same roof...same pitch...same materials...lights..etc. But for piece of mind and a 5acre pond in my backyard I can deal with it. They also told me no fishing in the pond I told her...ya right. that wont work. I just cant wait to see how they like my Racebike

or my 81" GMC with the FlowSound single chamber race mufflers... I have to be to work for 4am too
Attached Images