The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2016, 12:40 AM   #1
ironadict

Blueballz build thread

Ok so my first major truck build. Sold my 71 and spent much time hunting down a 55-59 big window. Missed a couple that went fast. Finally came across this one and jumped on it. 57 chevy big window from a farm in Montana. 235 inline 6 with 3 on the tree with overdrive. Paint isn't original but still has a "survivor" look to it. Needs all new rubber, new floor boards, a cab support, and window felt and gaskets.
My plans !
Complete air ride, rockers on the floor. Fbss. Already ordered scotts hot rods superslam for the front. Also ordered triangulated 4 link for the rear that I will be running both sets of bars parallel with bags over the outside bars and a watts in the back to keep it centered. Was planning on keeping engine and trans but scotts tells me the ifs displaces the inline 6s a lot so now the plan is to throw a rebuilt sbc in and retain the original 3 on the tree with overdrive. Fabing notches and some other simple stuff my self. Enough talking. Here's what I have so far.

Truck when I brought it home. One hell of a bumpy ride.
Attached Images

Last edited by ironadict; 12-15-2016 at 01:05 AM.
ironadict is offline   Reply With Quote