The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
brakenit

Project: Slow Moe

I've wanted to get back into another square for a while now. I've had a '79 C20 Silverado 454/TH400, '84 C10 Custom Deluxe 355/700R4, and a '78 K10 Blazer 350/TH350. I didn't expect to buy anything for another year or two, and I really wanted a 73-80 stepside but sometimes you have to strike while the iron's hot and in the midwest opportunities for 99.9% rust free trucks like this don't come around very often unless you want to shell out 6-8k for something someone else has already modified to their tastes.

So, here is what I wound up with. Meet Moe.

1984 C10 Custom Deluxe, 250ci I6 3 on the tree, 54k miles and I am now the 3rd owner. I don't think this thing has hauled more than groceries more than once or twice in it's life. It was garaged, owned, and driven by a 90 year old man who recently passed away and this was part of his estate auction. I paid $3k, probably more than I should have but I wanted it and I'd have a hard time finding another square within 1,000 miles of here this solid for this kind of money.

I don't know if this guy knew it but some people haul stuff back here. I might carry a cooler or something back here someday.

The dash pad is pretty badly cracked but other than that the rest is just faded, the clutch pedal isn't even worn yet.

If you can look past the surface rust on the rear/driveshaft the floors are rock solid. They don't even have any surface rust. No undercoating hiding anything it's just the factory gray primer/paint underneath.

RACE TRUCK! You could easily store a half dozen Ethiopians in here to push the truck should it ever break down but since the I6 is bulletproof you don't really need to.

My daily driver getting ready to drag it home. The 5.3L/6L80E made it an easy trip.

My other project truck, '04 Colorado ZQ8 I5/4L60E. Lowered 2/2 on 18x10's all around with 275/35/18's in front and 285/35/18's in the rear. It's been undergoing the worlds slowest turbo install since I hit a deer with it 3 years ago.

brakenit is offline   Reply With Quote