The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #26
bikeman59

Re: 1980 Scottsdale "Runnin' Lo II"

Time for an update. I've gotten some work done over the last several weeks. I've lowered it - cut coils in front, flip in back. No picks of that yet, but will get some once the motor/tranny is back in.

Here's some pics of other recent progress. I finally got the seat frame mounted on stock bench seat mounts so it uses the stock mounting points. The only thing left for the seats is changing the material color.

I then made a console frame to mount the floor shifter. I decided to raise the shifter to make it easier to get to. I will eventually box in that frame to house storage, cup holders, etc, but for right now it's done and it is solid.

I also got the tilt column installed. More later!
Attached Images

bikeman59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #27
bikeman59

Well, it's been a while - a long while - since I've updated this thread. I've recently made some big progress. The motor is now installed and running - thanks to my buddies for the help.

It is in the muffler shop today getting new exhaust. The shop is about 4 miles from my house and I drove it there last night with just open headers. Wow, is it load! No one at the intersections would make eye contact with me, wonder why?

It was also the first road trip since I lowered it and got it running. Not the best test, but it ran fine, fast and stopped. All good stuff.

Here's some pics of the progress from last weekend. I'll also try to post a vid of the start up.

BTW - can someone advise me on how to post pics that I can comment on, ie: put text before each pic. I can't seem to figure that one out.
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #28
amberkalvin

Looking good!! I like it. Contemplating pulling the 454 on my truck and cleaning it up but i'm afraid it won't ever get done if i pull it out.

keep up the good work man!
amberkalvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #29
bikeman59

I hear ya! I pulled the motor in Dec with hopes of having it back in by March. Well, here it is August. And it probably would have been longer, but my daily driver Tahoe has a sick transmission and I needed the C10 up and running before the Tahoe went into the shop.

I dropped off the Tahoe yesterday and drove the truck to work for the first time today. Wow, it is fast, loud and fun! I am very happy with the results.

So, phase I is done. Now to move on to phase II - time get the interior all set.