The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-30-2004, 10:23 AM   #1
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

Blue Beard,
I would be amazed if somebody hasn't asked about it yet. I'm assuming that somebody has and the owner isn't interested in selling. It' not a well traveled road though. I may have to put it off a week or so though until the smoke clears with my wife.
I swear that if I told her my intentions she would kick me to the curb right now.
I'm so torn right now though. I still want to ask ASAP and have him tell me that he is not interested in selling at this point so that I could get it out of my head.
I was also toying with the idea of offering him my 79 pick-up which runs well. I was planning on selling it or trading it for a Blazer anyway. The only problem is that I want the motor out of the pickup for my 67.
Am I obsessed or what
I guess we all have a little (or alot) of that in us. What is it that keeps telling us that one or two toys just isn't enough.

Got rid of my projects for now.
1980 Jeep CJ7
1998 Nissan Sentra (my car)
2001 Toyota Sienna (wife's, of course)
spencra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 08:28 AM   #2
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

Well, I went to the guys house yesterday to ask about the truck. I knocked on the door for several minutes but nobody answered. I left a nice note for the owner and told him to get back to me whether he is interested in selling it or not.

I didn't get any phone calls yesterday but if I don't here anything soon then I'll probably give it a couple of weeks and go back.

1980 Jeep CJ7

Last edited by spencra; 02-03-2004 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:07 PM   #3
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

Well the guy got back to me today and told me that he wasn't interested in selling it right now but said that he probably should. He seemed like a really nice guy and said that he has had the thing for over 20 years and just can't bring himself to getting rid of it yet. I can understand that one. He also said that he would keep my number if he decides to sell it and thanked me for asking about it.

It's out of my system now and now the guy has my number. It's probably better that way anyway because I will be in a much better position to buy it down the road then I do right now if he decides to sell it.

Thanks guys for talking me into asking about it. I have a good feeling he might be calling me in the near future now that I threw the offer out there. From what he was telling me I really don't think that he was even considering selling it but I think that I gave him an option to think about. Still have my fingers crossed.

1980 Jeep CJ7
Old 02-03-2004, 02:32 PM   #4
70ChevyLongbed
Howzit?!?

Larry,

Sounds like you put the idea in his head!... now he might start thinking about selling it all the time and call you sooner than later. The decision to try and sell something is a heck of a lot easier when you know someone out there wants what you have. Good luck!

70 Longbed, 307, Edelbrock Carb 1404, Edelbrock Intake 2101, Dual Roller Timing chain and gears, 214/214 cam, Comp Roller Rockers, dual Flowmasters.
1999 Chevy Tahoe
2004 Mini Cooper S
71 BMW 2002 - Sold
70ChevyLongbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 11:38 PM   #5
Orange70chevy

I found a 67 Camaro in some old guy shop and asked him if is was for sale the answer was No Because They Don't Make Cars Like They Used To???? Then he went on telling me all of his war stories 30 minutes later I finally got away!!!
Orange70chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:52 AM   #6
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

Orange70chevy,

LOL, maybe you could have taken his car while he had himself distracted.

1980 Jeep CJ7
Old 02-04-2004, 04:00 PM   #7
digger

What I would suggest now is to get a thank you card and explain what your intentions are and tell him how much you care about these trucks. Might even ask if you can look at it some day, then invite him for a beer. The point is to make peace and honor his love for the truck. It tells me he has sentimental feelings for it and you honor that as well.
put your # and addy on the card to.
Good Luck
70 chevy 3/4t 4x4,lwb
89 chvy 1/2t 4x4,
99 chevy silverado, ext. cab 3 door present driver
digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 04:02 PM   #8
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

Sound like a good idea digger. He really didn't have to call me back but was extremely courteous to do so.

Thanks for the Idea.

1980 Jeep CJ7