The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2014, 11:50 PM   #1
Silvy423

56 L92 T-10 build started

Well Im going to start tearing into this thing! What Im working with..... I have a 1956 3100 Body mounted onto a 1984 C10 chassis. Im not the one that did the swap but its mine now and needs lots of things fixed. The guy who did the swap just pretty much threw it together, Im only assuming he had intentions of taking all back apart for paint and fixing some crap work. The truck came with a 350 SBC and TH350, not my cup of tea, Im a LS engine nut. So the fun begins.

I managed to find a killer deal on a 2013 Escalade L92 with a 6L80E pull out. Its being shipped out from MN somewhere, should have it in a week or so. I thought about using the 6l80E but I plan to delete the DOD on the L92 and add a pretty nasty cam. I don't want to spend $800 on a stall and deal with surging issues and tuning problems, so I plan to mount a super T-10 4 speed and use a LS clutch and flywheel with a hydraulic throwout bearing setup.

Well this is just the start and Im always open to input and ideas. I like the idea of sharing a build so others may learn and getting the chance to learn from what others have to share. I plan to update as often as I can.

Here she is when I bought it a few months ago
[IMG][/IMG]

Pulled the old crap out
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
New power coming!
[IMG][/IMG]
Silvy423 is offline   Reply With Quote