The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
KevsClassics
TILT COLUMN GURU

Re: Wife broke my truck!!!!

Interesting

64 Impala SS Conv

72 Blazer 2wd

75 Jimmy 2wd

63 Belair wagon

02 Silverado ext cab. DD

RIP EL JAY
KevsClassics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
BluTrukker
BOHICA

Is NAPA a vendor on this board? It seems like everyone on here goes to NAPA. Maybe it is only the NAPA's in the area where I live, but of all the different chains around NAPA has by far the most "don't know what they are talking about" guys and terrible customer service. Like I sadi maybe it is only the ones in my area, but I only go there if it is an absolute emergency and nobody else has the part in stock. I like autozone or advance, lifetime warranties on a lot of their stuff, military discount, price matching, and they seem to know what they are doing.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
big mike71

At least it broke at home mine always breaks where I'm layin in a parking lot putting it back together.
big mike71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #4
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Am I the only one who noticed this was from 2002?
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:32 PM   #5
CG
BlahBlahBlah

If Kev is at the end of a post make sure you check the original post date LOL.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #6
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

I've noticed he's bumped a lot back TTT lately, which is totally fine with me, but how the hell does he ever search back that far. When I search I can only go back to like '08, maybe '07 ish posts?
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:52 PM   #7
ERASER5

That's easy! He has an old computer!
ERASER5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:17 AM   #8
monte0185

My ex was a car killer!!! She was great at blowing head gaskets and ruining motors as wellas other various things. Heres some of her escapades.
My 1981 monte carlo. 3.8 v6 rebuilt by me while in high school. Ran great. One day went to pick her up from work at krogers. While sitting there I ran out of gas. Ok no biggy keep an extra gallon in the trunk. Gas gauge wasnt that accurate but i was shortly out of high school so not alot of money. Anyway get the trunk open gas can empty. walk 1/2 mile or so to gas station fill it up and walk back. I get back and my hood is up with some guy underneath it tearing my distributor apart saying man i think your contol module went out it wont start!! I was furious!!! I snatched my screw driver out of his hand and told him you dumbs$%# its out of gas!!! and then a few other things i wont mention. So i put it all back together and put gas in it and shazamm it starts. Needless to say she never let someone else touch my car after that.
1996 Dodge neon. Pretty sure it was a 96. After she gets to work she calls me. 40 miles or so from home. The car was running funny and one of the lights was on but then it started running ok and the light went off but when i got here it smells funny. Ok i think what has she done now. I get there and she blew a head gasket cause she didnt stop when the light came on and after all the water was gone it was running ok cause there was no water in the thing to hurt the spark and for the light to stay on. Funny smell. roasted bearings!! New enging and a few weeks later she ran over something snagged some wires and shorted out the whole electrical system practically.
1990 olds cutlas calais with the quad 4 motor. same thing pretty much. overheated never bother to look at the lights didnt stop blew it up.
1991 nissan sentra. Somehow she managed to loose the bottom pulley and timing belt altogether and bend every valve in the thing from timing belt coming off.
90's AWD eagle talon. Rearended a parked car cause she was trying to find something in the floor.
90's 2 door chevy caprice. blew tranny.
79 chevy blazer. blew tranny.
late 90's towncar. Blew engine from driving on blown head gasket.

I think thers a couple more just dont remember what they were. The towncar and the 2dr caprice and the talon were after we were divorced. needless to say as far as i know she has killed every single car shes ever owned. Not the biggest reason i divorced her but it didnt help!! years may or may not be accurate for the oddbal ones. Was along time ago.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
monte0185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:53 AM   #9
Indyuke

Oh man! I thought I'd bypass all this. Many times I'd get the call, "Honey, the car's making a funny gurgling noise and spewing liquidy stuff, but I got it home anyways." (that was a two day repair) Or, "the car didn't start so I left it and took the spare vehicle." (never did figure out why it wouldn't start) Seems like something would happen every week to two.

So we bought her a brand new Hyundai Sonata last week, thinking stuff like, new car, warranty, full insurance coverage, AAA, what could go wrong? Got the call today from her work. "Can you bring me the spare set of keys so I can get the new car home. I lost my set here at work and can't find them."
Indyuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:04 AM   #10
sleepertruck72

This is a very old thread, but the worst call I got was come fix my flat tire. She was only about 1 mile from home otherwise, I would not of went over to put on the spare. That was in her Acura. My truck she will never drive
Dont let women drive your truck under any circumstance !!!
Unless shes blonde
Old 05-09-2009, 11:33 AM   #11
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

it's not just women who do this. a board member's brother had me install a good used 4.3 I had into his 98 Blazer back in December. 2 weeks ago I get the call. the blazer is running rough, knocking and making screeching sounds. Oh crap, what happened. tow it to my place and I will check it out. the thing holds just a tick over 3 gallons of coolant but I only drained 3 quarts. turns out the lower hose I suggested and he declined blew a hole. appearantly they need to make the temp gauge as big as the speedometer and have a warning indicator that is bright enough to blind the guy in the next lane. oh well, that hose only cost him about $2500. I'll bet he watches the gauges like a hawk from now on.
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #12
monte0185

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68C15 View Post
it's not just women who do this. a board member's brother had me install a good used 4.3 I had into his 98 Blazer back in December. 2 weeks ago I get the call. the blazer is running rough, knocking and making screeching sounds. Oh crap, what happened. tow it to my place and I will check it out. the thing holds just a tick over 3 gallons of coolant but I only drained 3 quarts. turns out the lower hose I suggested and he declined blew a hole. appearantly they need to make the temp gauge as big as the speedometer and have a warning indicator that is bright enough to blind the guy in the next lane. oh well, that hose only cost him about $2500. I'll bet he watches the gauges like a hawk from now on.
You know i thought my ex would to after all the engines and cars i spent money on but it never happened. Thankfully shes someone elses problem now.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

Last edited by monte0185; 05-09-2009 at 11:48 AM.
monte0185 is offline   Reply With Quote