The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2015, 11:22 PM   #1
Erratic67

Trying to achieve a comfortable ride

First and foremost, let me begin by stating that I am new to both the classic truck industry and posting threads, so bare with me. I have finally gained the courage and with the loving support of my wife, purchased a 1966 Chevy C10.

The truck is in fairly good condition and has been lowered but with my knowledge/experience in this field, have very little idea how it was achieved. It has the original frame with drum brakes, I believe the front & rear have lowering springs, the rear also has 2" lowering blocks, type of shocks are unknown. I am running with 225/70R15 on all fours and the rear fender is even with the top of the rim. The bottom of the truck is 9" from the ground and the truck is level, this is my best way of knowing how to describe how low it is. I would submit photos but have no idea how to do that.

My dilemma begins ....
The rear suspension is very soft and bouncy, looking to raise the entire truck 1" and possibly eliminate the rough ride to achieve a more modern feel, as it will be a daily driver. I've investigated quite a bit to only become more confused with the amount of options to choose from such as drop spindles, lowering springs, type shocks, etc. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this task would be greatly appreciated and trying to do this at a fairly reasonable cost, thanks.

Sincerely
Erratic67
Erratic67 is offline   Reply With Quote