The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2015, 01:11 PM   #1
[JP]

1965 C10 Stepside working on her **England**

Hello all,

Grizz has asked me to put a thread up to tell my story..so here it is.

I've always been a biker, currently have a 68 and a 76 Harley shovelhead. the 68 is standard but the 76 I've been modifying it from standard over the last couple of years...rebuilt the engine, wiring, chopped the frame, different front end, etc..etc...

Always wanted a truck though, and in September this year I thought it was time to start looking properly. good old eBay and found one in Spencerport, being sold by a well known bike shop/builders.
Being a shop made me more at ease at transferring money. The deal was easy to do... the problem was the wait!!

this was the ebay photo the got my attention!
She was solid, with a 350V8, TH400, new Holley carb, new ally radiator with twin electric fans, dual exit powerflow exhaust....and the external looks were spot on exactly what I wanted! (except for the ass ugly rims)

deal done... and 2 weeks later I got these photos from the seller.. the truck was being picked up by the shipping company to be taken to the New York docks, I believe this was the 28th of October.

after this.. it was a long wait again till I heard the truck was in a container and got a ship name.. from here it started to get more exciting! started tracking the ship as it went from New York to Charleston, then Le Havre in France, Rotterdam, Hamburg and finally Southampton!

Luckily for me the updates were not only via a mobile phone app... one of my friends works in a tugboat on the docks in Southampton and on the 18th of December I was getting regular updates as soon as he set off to go tow the ship with my truck ( I confess this was pretty awesome getting these photos when I was at work)

From the day it arrived (Friday) I had to wait a few days till I picked it up on Tuesday the 22nd of December! Just in time for Christmas!
The girlfriend took some photos at the shipping company yard.. I think the grin on my face says it all!

Filling her up to fire up.. and she did!
[JP] is offline   Reply With Quote