The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-04-2006, 09:59 AM   #26
BOSS
Just here to help

Re: My Soon to Be New Toy

If you dont like something about a post MOVE ON! Attitudes like that are not wanted here.

Norwood Survivor
BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:22 PM   #27
Mikey_
Account Suspended

it's not attitude...

it's safety.
Mikey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:51 PM   #28
Mudder

No it's attitude, the way you came across. If you see something that's not safe you should say, I think it would be safer for you if you did this this way and why. Not, It's bad and nothing else. This is not Pirate 4x4 nor will it become anything like that here.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #29
Flatty

It has been a long time since I posted here, but I will have to post up for this one. I ahve been building off road rockcrawlers for about 10 years now, and this is the worst attempt for an off-road vehicle.
The design is on him. I may not like it, but no big deal. I can't say anything abut that because that is all a matter of opinion. HOWEVER, this is just plain old UNSAFE!!!! The minute that thing goes over, it will topple. There is NO triangulation. REad a chassis design book, and you will see what I mean. I am by no means the end all when it comes to chassis building, but I do know a bit about it. You have a pretty good base to begin with, but you are missing EVERY point about safety. What really scares me is that you have your family out there with you. I wish you the best of luck, and hope nothing bad happens.

For those of you that say I should not post anything bad... THis is a public BB. Also I am not bagging on this guys effort, it was a solid attempt to make a capable off road vehicle. I am just looking out for his safety. Instead of jumping on board and saying that this is a GREAT JOB, it is BAD AZZ,... Iam gonna tell him how it is. I hope this helps him to think about what he is doing.

dIma
Flatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:23 PM   #30
phantom dually
Project92 SWB stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84 Chevy K10
Already done, sir.

You guys can talk all the crap about me you want....I don't care. I just couldn't believe my eyes. After 4 years of not posting here, I had to say something, good God!!!!
Maybe it should be 4 more. Ill be sure to vote for you to be banned!! People that start crap are not really the crowd around here. Other boards may flame people for fun but thats not what this board is about.
92 C1500 stepside 496 Stroker Competiton Engineering Ladder bars/QA1 coilovers. Dana 60 rear with 4.10 gear and posi. Bonspeed Palisade 20x12 in rear w/335/30/20 and 20x8.5 front w/245/40/20. 5/8 drop with Belltech springs/DJM spindles/drop shocks. WWS Progress thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=140448
phantom dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:07 PM   #31
BOSS
Just here to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatty
this is the worst attempt for an off-road vehicle.

dIma
this is nothing but attitude,if you can help someone do something better this is not how to start it out.would you take help on anything if i started by saying what you have done sucks?I noticed that the ones replying are the ones that are not around much,and if they keep there replys like this they wont be around much longer.

Norwood Survivor
BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:38 PM   #32
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

guess what
its time to play how many in one post can annoy the fk out of liz... and the lucky winners are defined in yellow!!!

post reopened without the pirate asshole attitude

(disclaimer.. not all pirates are asses.. some are actually cool, the yellow ones seen in this post are annoying fktards tho)

carry on
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #33
Projunkracing
Account Suspended

Thumbs down Re: My Soon to Be New Toy

you guys are just plain stupid around here . you think pirate people have an attitude? how do you feel when you do something stupid and your friends give you **** bc of doing something dumb they are not ness saying you are dumb that they hate you more that they care enough to tell you it is wrong.

there are few things on my 4x4 trail rig that i am not proud of but i also know what they are and how they react in no time or place would i ever allow somebody to ride in that thing nor build it . this guy is using sch 40 pipe i assume with a benter that makes kinks to bend thus weakening the cage buy a beder for tube not a pipe bender and read a few books. i notice that the user who started this is not replying hopefully he is fixing this rig bc it is a complete hack job and home nobody dies from it esp some poor innocent person that has no idea it is a hack job carry on .....

~Phil
Projunkracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:16 PM   #34
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

K thanks, next

It was cool of you to actually reply with more then you guys are plain stupid. At least it shows you have some form of brain function. The difference is, we do not flame or war here period. If you have a suggestion or opinion there are many ways to give it without being an ass. Those who choose to be asses can do so elsewhere. Entertaining to read at times, but to much effort to sort through the bs to get to the actual info.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:51 AM   #35
panhandler62
Java Mechanic

I would offer a suggestion on how to alert someone to a build error in a productive way rather than the 13 year old "got mommy's computer, will flame" method, but I suspect that those who would be receptive to a suggestion already know how to do this and the rest will simply refuse to listen.

That said -- I do think a heavy, frame mounted bar directly behind the seats would be a good idea since a large box system like that can flex on roll-over. It might also be prudent to make both sides unbroken (better to climb over the bars to get in than risk a failure on that "entry gate") and install some kind of netting to keep debis out and kids in.

Nice project overall.
68 C20 Fleetside -- RIP
Decorating the whole town up at a cost of $27 ....

Last edited by panhandler62; 07-06-2006 at 09:59 AM.
panhandler62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #36
woodridge

That is a fun looking ride, but safety always needs to come first! I believe trianglation could be achieved and still keep the entry doors. Keep at it, it's like our trucks, they are almost always a work in progress.
woodridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:37 PM   #37
soleeagle

Thanks to all the Administrators for dealing with the a$$ holes. I am always open for sugestions on how to inprove things especially Safety. I am looking at trying to make the cage stronger and other safety features such as harnesses instead of just lap belts. Also this was built mainly to play in the mud and not for rock climbing or anything crazy so I didnt worry to much about triangulation. I am on a small budget when it comes to my hobbies since I work 2 full time jobs just to make ends meet. I dont get time to check out the site but on weekends any more and didnt even know what was happening with this thread untill last night. I use to go to pirate4x4 but as stated before most, not all, are a$$ holes. this site and gotmudd.com are about 2 of the most freindly sites that I visit. Thanks to everybody for the POSATIVE coments and sugestions. If anyone else has something to suggest just let me know. When it comes to getting steel to make things stronger and more safe I have no problem since my primary job is in a steel fabricating facility and I get a huge discount on it. Once again thanks to all the Administrators that delt with the bung holes in my defence and the defence to rid attitudes from this site.

'85 Chevy Silverado 4X4
'91 Chevy 4X4 Suburban

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/545941

Last edited by soleeagle; 07-15-2006 at 04:40 PM.
soleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:42 PM   #38
rich-white

I'm curious have you gotten your new springs yet? how about updated pics for those of us who aren't freakin metel engineers nad enjoy see other peoples project and updates. What are you going to end up with for tires?
rich-white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:52 PM   #39
soleeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich-white
I'm curious have you gotten your new springs yet? how about updated pics for those of us who aren't freakin metel engineers nad enjoy see other peoples project and updates. What are you going to end up with for tires?
No I havent got new springs. I have decided to leave the stock springs on the front for flex and a better ride. My buddy has lift springs on his and as light as these things are it rides as if it has no springs at all. The mounts are sollid and are not going to fail on me.

The tires that I have on it are 36 12.5 16.5, In time I would like to get a set of Boggers or Iroks for it.

So far I have taken it out 3 times and have only had problems with it the first time when the tranny line got into the front drive shaft and pulled the radiator into the fan sending it threw all 3 cores. Since then I have been using a tranny cooler to keep the lines away fron the shaft.

'85 Chevy Silverado 4X4
'91 Chevy 4X4 Suburban

Old 07-15-2006, 10:01 PM   #40
soleeagle

Here are a few more pics of our adventures.
Attached Images

'85 Chevy Silverado 4X4
'91 Chevy 4X4 Suburban

Old 07-16-2006, 03:24 PM   #41
rich-white

nice fan...
rich-white is offline   Reply With Quote