The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-29-2009, 07:22 PM   #26
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Re: chop the roof off it ??

turns out the truck is a parts truck at best not even worth the effort to cut it up I think if I cut the roof the only thing holding it together would be the seat frame but I'm not giving up on the ideas......

but if I do it then it will be a long bed I love the Looooong loooow looook

that being said I think I will drop the body 4" (the amount above the heater box so the wheels don't hit there) do a cheap 2 3/4" cup in the LCA with bags ...raise the bed floor 4" to match the body and then weld in a C notch so the pumpkin clears the floor just a little dump the exhaust out the side of the bed and tub it for some fatties on the back then chop the roof maybe even the windshield depending on seat/floor height......

sounds kool and all of the work can be done pretty easy in the garage in quick time so the bordum factor doesn't set in...I fugure about a month with alot of feed time and a plasma cutter

Jamis what size tire on the back of that??? I want them for my truck now?? I just put 265/70's on the back and hate them already.....

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote