The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #26
Jayss109

Re: Anyone else have a big block Caddy engine?

Thanks! Its a 20 footer. Actually picked up the truck on EvilBay, and the guy ripped me off (350 had a hole in the oil pan that you could fit your head through). Ive just made it stop, steer and go over the years, not much else done to it. Need to tackle the rust soon, but not looking forward to it.

I have gotten 17mpg ONCE, lol. It is way more common for me to get around 14 on the highway. I hardly drive it anymore, just because I am so close to getting ready to do a frame off on the truck. I just need to finish mounting my under frame battery box, get a fuel cell made and run new fuel lines. Then it will be close to time to tear it all apart. I just dont have enough space at the moment.

The Cad community is very close knit group with A LOT of knowledgable folks. I read there every day, and am amazed by the people and their cad projects.

You can also pick up good deals from people on the forum. I got a set of ported heads with big valves and triple springs for under $1k from a guy that had only ran them for a few hours. He wanted small chamber heads instead, and I wanted a ported set of large chamber. Presto! They need to still be installed, but I think that is a better deal than some SBC parts I see. These will flow close to 400cfm!!

I paid $3k to have my engine built, with core exchange. Thats for a 400hp, 500+ft/lb engine. After I put the heads on and make a few other changes, It should make quite a bit more.

Its fun watching people scratch their heads trying to figure out what kind of motor it is.

Jason
Old 07-26-2011, 02:20 AM   #27
bighoss0331

got a 500 in my old k30.best swap i ever done
bighoss0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:13 AM   #28
boz42

I know it is not a 67-72 but I am gonna through mine in there anyhow.

I am running a stroker caddy in my 75 K5. Been running it for 5 or 6 years. It is a torque monster.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #29
Hertzdaddy

What headers did you use boz42?
Hertzdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote