The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-14-2004, 04:20 AM   #1
Ogier
Chopper/Painter

Ogier's Avatar

Location: Medford, Or.
Angry RockAuto Sucks!!! formerly WTF!!!

I just went online to the ROckauto website to order some new rocker panels for my 69 chev and they wanted about $10.71 for one of them. This is a good price. When I clicked to order it, it told me that I was going to have to pay $73.70 in shipping to get it shipped to me in Oregon from somewhere in Central US time.

WTF???

Anyone do business with these folks before???

Ogier

Last edited by Ogier; 07-14-2004 at 06:12 PM.
Ogier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:09 AM   #2
krue
Designated A-hole!

krue's Avatar

Location: South Mississippi
Nope, and after reading this I don't imagine I will ever do business with them! Try some of the vendors on the www.67-72chevytrucks.com homepage (on the left hand side).
BTW welcome to the board from South Mississippi!
__________________
"If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is!"
Being stupid ain't illegal.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:17 AM   #3
Stryker67
Registered User

Stryker67's Avatar

Location: Fayetteville, Ga.
Get them from Goodmark.
__________________
[FONT=Georgia]
If nothing else, we can all serve as a bad example.
We don't know what we don't know.
The world needs ditch-diggers too.
Stryker67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:30 AM   #4
Ogier
Chopper/Painter

Ogier's Avatar

Location: Medford, Or.
Exclamation

I have sent them an e-mail asking why the high shipping charges. Maybe this is just a website glitch.

Ogier
Ogier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:04 AM   #5
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

68C15's Avatar

Location: next to my reloading bench
I would much rather get stuff from board vendors & members. they help support this place & I think we should show our appreciation. not to mention they are straight with us & have high quality parts. try GMC Paul's JMO
Todd
__________________
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:05 AM   #6
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

68C15's Avatar

Location: next to my reloading bench
oops I forgot. welcome from SE South Dakota.
__________________
Old 07-14-2004, 08:48 AM   #7
Putter
More Cowbell....

Putter's Avatar

Location: Puckett, MS
Welcome from Central Mississippi, too. Gotta' run...time for lock-down!
__________________
There once was a member from Puckett.....Who ( fill in the blank blank blank ) bucket
Putter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 04:12 PM   #8
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

LUV2XCLR8's Avatar

Location: Maple Grove, TN (West Side)
Talking

Welcome 2 The Board From W. Tn., Board Vendors Give Discounts To
Board Members, Remember That, Most Of Us Here R Loyal To Them.
__________________
Owner/Op: "TN Classic Transport Carriers"
The Toy: "Square Vette" 72 Hybrid Blazer
Toy Barn: "LuvShack" 40 x 60 x 20 Shop
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:04 PM   #9
vtblazer
Registered User

vtblazer's Avatar

Location: Central Vermont
Rockers

I just ordered a outer rocker from GMCPauls and in the description it say's
that their the same guage as the stock ones...can't beat that now can ya?
Like the others are saying, support our vendors and welcome to the board!
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:05 PM   #10
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

LUV2XCLR8's Avatar

Location: Maple Grove, TN (West Side)
VT, WHAT IN THE WORLD DO U NEED THOSE FOR, UR BLAZER'S BROTHER
__________________
Old 07-14-2004, 06:10 PM   #11
Ogier
Chopper/Painter

Ogier's Avatar

Location: Medford, Or.
Thumbs down

Well, I recieved a reply from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAuto Customer Service
I'm sorry you're so upset about the shipping cost, but please understand that the shipping cost of the parts is calculated by weight and size. They are also shipping from the East coast (New York and New Jersey) so shipping across the country is expensive for large heavy parts. I've double checked the shipping cost. This cost is correct. We have tried to find shipping companies that will ship these parts at a lesser cost, however, they are not reliable and their shipping times and guarantees do not match our current shipping services (FedEx, UPS and a Overnite Express). You may be able to find another website that will offer a lesser shipping cost, but they will usually mark up their part prices by 50% or more.

If you need further assistance please respond to this email or call us toll free at 1-866-762-5288.

Thanks for thinking of us,

Becky
RockAuto Customer Service
www.rockauto.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogier

Old 07-14-2004, 06:29 PM   #12
vtblazer
Registered User

vtblazer's Avatar

Location: Central Vermont
Rockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUV2XCLR8
VT, WHAT IN THE WORLD DO U NEED THOSE FOR, UR BLAZER'S BROTHER
Yep, big brother needs a rocker but just that, nothing else
The second rocker I ordered is for the project blazer I have, the one with the sectioned tub/firewall. It's going to the body shop and becoming whole again.
I wasn't able to sell it as two parts at a reasonable price, so I'll spend the money to fix it and sell it as a totally rust free complete tub in epoxy primer at a substantial increase in cost
Pay me now or pay me later, I guess.
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:07 PM   #13
Vince M
Senior Member

Vince M's Avatar

Location: Orlando, FL
I have had nothing but a bad experience with Rock Auto. I bought all new front end parts for my truck and all were Moog. When I got the parts they were different even though the part numbers were the same . They were of different vintages and they probably would have fit but I returned them since they said they could not garauntee that they could ship two parts exactly the same. I am still waiting for my credit from them. I'd steer clear. The bottom line price is not alway the cheapest.
__________________
68 Chevy CST SWB w/LS1, carb & 700r4. Golden Anniversary clone with a few improvements.
Vince M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:11 PM   #14
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

LUV2XCLR8's Avatar

Location: Maple Grove, TN (West Side)
Talking

Ouch Vince, Sorry To Here That, I Never Used Them Before, & I Won't
__________________
Old 07-14-2004, 06:21 PM   #15
mindhive
Registered User

Location: Mountain Home ID
Hey Ogier

First, welcome to the board. Second, I have rockers and other patch panels that are new, as in never used. If you want to make a trip to Klamath Falls sometime you can have what you want as in FREE or maybe I'll be coming over the hill one of these days then you will have to buy me a tank of gas. What do you need? I have inner and outer rockers, out riggers, cab corners and some other patch panels & misc parts.

Tim

P.S. If anybody else local wants to come get any of this stuff let me know what you need I don't have a whole lot but maybe I have what you need. I don't have time to ship stuff P/U only.
mindhive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 07:53 AM   #16
Mudder
Registered User

Mudder's Avatar

Location: East Central, MO
Ogier why dont you contact Wes at Classic Heartbeat...........He's up there near you.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 09:26 AM   #17
MOTHERTRUCKERS
Registered User

Location: BRADENTON FLA
2 rockers shipped from South Plainfield NJ to you is 21.09 shipping.
__________________
Rest in Peace Ed. Thanks for all the good times.
MOTHERTRUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 10:28 AM   #18
BobbyK
Registered User

BobbyK's Avatar

Location: Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,Mi.
Kinda fishy.I was in Wa. State and bought a reman. eng. from a Co in New Jersey.I paid only $100.00 shipping.
__________________
71 blazer,350SBC,approx.375HP,700R4,factory GM TPI.Dual electric fans,33x12.5x15 ATR on stock suspension.
Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,MI.
See ALL my Blazer pic's HERE
BobbyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:11 AM   #19
Ogier
Chopper/Painter

Ogier's Avatar

Location: Medford, Or.
Exclamation

TTT,

Would the fellow who contacted me from Klamath Falls please send me an e-mail. I lost your contact info.

Incidently, I got some rockers from ClassicHeartbeat. They cost me $41.10 including shipping for both.

The parts are of great quality and I would recommend them over the &*#$heads that wanted $80.00 in shipping anytime.

Hope this helps.
Ogier
Ogier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:32 AM   #20
dtlilly
Account Suspended

dtlilly's Avatar

Location: Shadow of Lambeau Field
I'm glad you got what you needed, and welcome to the best truck board on the net from Americas Dairyland.
dtlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 12:29 PM   #21
ed455
Captain Ed

Location: Port Charlotte, FL
Gotta watch that shipping thing on ebay as well. There are vendors who sell for ridiculously low prices and then charge a TON of shipping. It's a way to cheat ebay for auction fees which are charged by the selling price, not on shipping and handling. If a product is WAY too cheap on ebay, scroll down and check the shipping. I've been caught by that racket ONCE.
ed455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:45 PM   #22
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

Randy70C-10's Avatar

Location: Virginia Beach, Va. U.S.A.
Classicheartbeat is Wes's company. He's a board member as well. You can't go wrong with the board venders, they support the hobby 100%.
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:33 PM   #23
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

Classic Heartbeat's Avatar

Location: Olympia,Wa. 98512
We have them at $14.95 each and the shipping will run you about $12.00. The best part is you should receive them over night.... (Depending on how far south you are) WES www.ClassicHeartbeat.com
__________________
On-line catolog
Classic Heartbeat Pickup Parts
WEHEPP@comcast.net
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmarks