The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2004, 04:07 AM   #26
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Drove just over 900 miles on saturday, starting in a little town called Sousceyrac in the Lot valley of France and ending up back at home in Lancashire via the channel tunnel, in my wifes new Land Rover Freelander. We got slightly lost around Paris and ended up on the peripherique (kind of an inner circular road around Paris) rather than on the autoroute/freeway, saw the Eiffel tower in the distance and nearly got wiped out by a crazy Frenchman in a big white van. On Sunday I cut the grass front and back, unpacked all my tools from the car (it was a working holiday on our new house over there) and chilled a little.

I have my new sway bar all painted up, the new bushings and ECE brackets are here but the weather is foul, chucking it down with rain, so I have to wait for a dry spell to fit it as I have to work outside. it's been a lousy summer over here this year, wet and cold.

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission

Last edited by Lippyp; 08-23-2004 at 04:09 AM.
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 08:18 AM   #27
Mudder

Got my daughter moved back home yesterday from a controling punk. Third time.......
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 08:22 AM   #28
lock
Insert funny comment.

Had plans to get my whole rear suspension and fuel cell installed. Only managed, trailing arms, coil springs then mocked up the rear to install the saddles. Got one welded on and then ran out of gas on the mig .

-My Build Thread...

-68 C10, LT1 - Undergoing Frame off resto
-86 IROC-Z T72 turbo 355, M6
-70 Camaro

http://www.iroc-ss.com
lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 09:04 AM   #29
dubie

Found my power drain and it was the alternator. Something must have cooked in the alternator because the battery was only charging at 7.2 volts while running. So I swapped out the alternator and the battery was then charging at 14.2 volts It also helps to have a retired mechanic as a next door neighbour. He just happen to have 2 spare alternators kicking around that he gave me Now I just have to charge the battery up. It was stone dead before we changed the alternator.

My 56 Chevy shop truck build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=562795
dubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 09:06 AM   #30
Putter
More Cowbell....

Went to the junk yard on Saturday. Flood came out of nowhere, so I spent a little while in the rear of a work van hiding from the lightening. Found an early '90s steering wheel and mid '90s van marker lights for my old '69....free of charge since column was busted in the truck, and the fenders were bad on the van. Got the wheel installed (yes, horn works). Looked at several acres of land to build house on. Gonna' talk to bank Monday.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:43 AM   #31
passthebuck
Sisyphus was my mentor!

I changed the rear main seal & put a 12" clutch in my red 67. Its sooo much easier to say than do.... the 12" setup just barely fits in the bellhousing.
-TWO 1967 GMC 910's. One with L6/3-on-the tree and the other with 355 w/435hp & a 700r4.
-a 2013 Honda Civic as my "sensible" car
passthebuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 10:19 AM   #32
supersize75k5
the wierd guy

I finally painted my 86 blazer, bad thing is I had bad paint I am afraid and my paint job has more texture than a stucco home....allwell looks like I wont be affraid to scratch this paint job
supersize75k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 11:06 AM   #33
72c10step
WHYBYNU when old will do?

Saturday, I went to my cousins wedding. They had it outside and it poured all day! Sunday was a great day, but I spent it helping my friend clear a path through the treeline in front of the house he's having built so the power company can run a power line through.
-1995 Polaris XCR600 Custom
-2003 Honda 300ex
72c10step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 11:12 AM   #34
smokekiki
Mike

Not much,spent the weekend at the beach.Saturday at cape May NJ.Then took the ferry to Lewes De,and went to Rehobeth beach.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:46 AM   #35
matt67350

Well let me see,

Saturday: Photographed a Wedding, Went to the board meet, visited with some great people there. I had to leave early to photograph another wedding.
Sunday: Out early to Smonty's stash of parts to get a cab. We loaded my 71 with a cab, 4 doors, 3 fenders, core support, 1 hood ( in Great Shape, thanks Ernie) Brake drums, auto cross member, and anything else that would fit. I felt like Sanford and Son. Also hepled load a cab and step bed for Randell AKA Dallas71. Then helped load a 53 Dodge on a car hauler.
Ernie has new space to stash more trucks, and do some mowing.
Got back to the House unloaded the cab, then made a run to my barn to store the rest of the parts. Ran out of gas @ 11:30 pm and had my daughter to rescue me. 1:30 am get some sleep for work on Monday.
Later
Matthew
Old 08-23-2004, 12:05 PM   #36
redz 1970 K5
OBS guy

Put the carseat in the back of the topless blazer, buckled in my 2 year old and wife, and drove through some back roads to eat breakfast at a small cafe.

Found out my truck was in 4-hi since I have had it for a few months (hubs unlocked though) Found out my truck accelerates faster in 2-hi!!!

Pondered what to do with my Blazer... Frame Off Retro Modern Resto OR just sell as is and buy a finished one...
redz 1970 K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:09 PM   #37
dallas71

Went out to pickup my new project from SMONTY (Ernie). It is a 71 SWB Stepside truck...had to take parts off of one truck to make another....Had lots of fun getting pieces and parts...I will post pictures as soon as i get them up on my Web Site....
dallas71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:27 PM   #38
fatfords

Went to the Texas board meet on saturday-met lots of board members-fine group of folks! Thanks for organizing it, Krazy Texan.
TXFirefighter-I would love to see some pics of your mini/chopper/deathtrap in the back of your truck.

On sunday, I tore out part of a wall in the kitchen that my wife decided she didn't want anymore.
fatfords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:36 PM   #39
69sixpackbee

I built a chicken coop for a leghorn chick we brought back from San Antone...to so. Cal...is this dumb or what?
69sixpackbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:00 PM   #40
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Ran power cable throught the attic and out to the new shop. Attics are HOT!!! in August! Replaced the driver's door hing pins and bushings on the 82. Had to straighetn out the lower hing some. Also put on some new tailgate bumpers. Now it only sounds like a bubba truck instead of rattleing like one too.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:26 PM   #41
A few 72's

Me and Debi drove 290 miles (per mappoint) to Ga on Friday, and had diner with Tim C. Talked to a bunch of people at the car show / swap meet on Saturday, trying to help Tim out, when he got busy. Got to meet board member "uncle", that was set up in the swap meet area, he was pretty busy, so did not get to visit long with him. Picked up two 8 lug 16" by 10" wide rims that I hope will fit my Long horn. Also got a new T-shirt, that I think is great. Got pic's of the shirt but not the rims. Sunday - At the show first part of the day and then drove 290 miles to get back home. Had a great time and will try to post a few of the show pic's in the next few days.

(checked the rules, and it looked like I might break the one on advertising by posting the shirt pic, so I only posted part of the shirt pic.)
Attached Images

A few 72's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:48 PM   #42
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

This weekend was a flop. I had lots of plans that included working outside. Unfortunately the weather didn't come through. It rained all weekend...

I did get a few things done. I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do with the sound system in my 77 Cheyenne. Now if I can just locate the speakers I want....

While my weekend was a near write off, my week had it's bright spot. My daughter made the 7th grade volleyball "A" team. We sweated try-outs all week, but the pay off was worth it....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:55 PM   #43
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

Second coat of primer applied to truck. Set up serpentine system on engine and drilled and tapped the missing hole for the passenger side bracket. Helped a buddy set his Mustang up on a rotisserie so he can better get at the underside of the car for sand blasting and final welding.