The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-12-2004, 03:08 AM   #26
FirstGen
Just Don't Stop!

What exactly is the Hot Rods to Hell kit? I don't see anything on their website. Looks like it obviously allows you to adjust ride height and re-locates the shock mounts. What is the bracing in the back for? Panhard?

Thanks!
Old 10-12-2004, 03:27 AM   #27
68LSS1

It's a improvement kit for the trailing arm suspension which is a very good suspension but can be made into a excellent suspension, both for handling and 1/4 trips. They have the '67-'72 kits on their website but for some reason I can't get their site to load. It relocates the shocks, let's you adjust ride height/wedge with the screwjacks above the springs, comes with a massive adjustable panhard rod which is also adjustable up/down to maintain a parallel position with the ground when ride height is changed. The triangular shaped crossmember has serrations on the back passenger side and there is a serrated piece that fits into that. The bolt that passes through the rod end also secures this adjustment. The panhard is not shown as I haven't primed the 8.8 and I won't be welding the bracket to the rearend until I get most the weight on the frame so I can be sure to get the pinion angle right.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:34 AM   #28
FirstGen
Just Don't Stop!

What does that kit cost? I need to do something I can't get this thing to hook on 28 10.5 W M/T's. Not to mention that the ride is terribly bouncy for some reason?!?
thanks again.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:52 PM   #29
68LSS1

It's right around 1-1100. At least it was a year or two ago when I got it. I have called HTH many times with questions and always get phone calls returned and questions answered. great customer service.

Just looked on their site, it's $995.00

Last edited by 68LSS1; 10-12-2004 at 03:02 PM.
68LSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:22 PM   #30
Trifelynn

68LSS1- You are right, it will be a daily driver. But, I would like it to ride and drive like a more modern car. So, I will agree with you on the change over to a more modern front end. However, I looked through Fatman's catalog and it is hard to tell what would be good for my application, as most of it is for Nova's and cars. Could you tell me what I am looking for? If that is two generic of a question, lemme know and I will be more specific. I do have 5 lug all the way around, and I have power discs. (stock) If that helps with what I am have and what I may need to do to get to what I am looking for.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:20 PM   #31
68LSS1

Basically, since you said you wanted to use bags I assumed you were after that "slammed" look. If you just want to lower it and have a good ride I wouldn't go with the added expense of air. Fatman has three diferent "stage" kits. The stage I being the basic kit (complete but no frills) for $1595. The suspension components are stock looking Mustang II stuff. The stage II gives you tubular a-arms which means the strut rod is no longer needed as the lower a-arms will mount on the outside of the crossmember. This kit is $1695. On this stage there is the air ride option for $100 more (set up for Firestone bags). And if you want the kit through them $600 for the front and 4 wheel starting at $900. I beleive they use Air Ride Technologies stuff. The stage III like I have gives you Carrera coil overs. I also got the polished package which is like $100 more. Kit price is $1995. All the kits come with manual racks. Power racks are a additional $100. I don't think there is any welding on the stage I or II kits but on the stage three kit there is two gussets that require welded to the crossmember. You could take the crossmember and parts to a welding shop to have done if needed. These gussets are I believe what fixed the problem a few people had with Fatman stuff years ago. As far as the drop the Fatman kits will give you about 5" of drop. If you want more you can get Mustang II dropped spindles or go with the coil overs. The kits are very complete coming with rotors, bearings/races, seals, calipers, brackets, all suspension parts, etc. One issue is I don't think you can get the bolt circle in 5 on 5. I think you will only get a choice of 5 on 4 3/4 or 5 on 4 1/2. You will get a list of part numbers and although this kit used many different years and manufacturers parts they are all available off the NAPA shelf which is a very big selling point for me. They come with 11" rotors and I think you can get a aftermarket brake setup through them. Or buy your own Baer/Wilwood for a Mustang II like I did. As far as your specifics I'd say go with the stage II so you can get away from the strut rod in the stage I kit and upgrade to a power rack. The spring rating will be something picked for your vehicle and is not one spring for all applications.

I just gave them a quick call as my catalog is a couple years old and their prices have gone up. No problem with the kits going in Blazers either. If you decide to order one or want some more info get with Ed at Mothertruckers (link in sig) as he's a authorized dealer.

Last edited by 68LSS1; 10-12-2004 at 04:34 PM.
68LSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote