The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-04-2004, 08:20 AM   #26
GMC AMI

This is the correct place for this type of post. He is doing research on this board.
Thumbs up notmycity.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:40 AM   #27
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

If you read the rules, it states that items for sale must have a price. If you don't know what your item is worth ....do some research. No Auctions

This seems like a fishing expedition (auction) and the research should be done elsewhere.........
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:15 AM   #28
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

LONGHAIR, notmycity is not out of line for asking people for their opinion on what his truck is worth. He isn't selling his truck at this point he just wants to know what he might ask for it if he decides to sell it. Board members do it all the time.
If he was saying something like "selling my truck, taking best offers" or something along those lines then he would be out of line. Also this is a perfect forum for him to ask. Parts forum, where you would post the truck for sale would not be. If you have a better suggestion feel free to offer it. This board is a perfect resource to helping members figure out what their stuff is worth. If they do decide to sell at least they will have a good idea as to what they want to ask, in turn you avoid the "best offer" posts.

Got rid of my projects for now.
1980 Jeep CJ7
1998 Nissan Sentra (my car)
2001 Toyota Sienna (wife's, of course)

Last edited by spencra; 12-05-2004 at 11:23 AM.
spencra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:29 AM   #29
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

Yep, this man hasn't done anything that's against the board rules. He's just asking for some info.
Looks like a straight and solid truck, here in Virginia I'd say you'd get between $1200 and $1500 for it. Throw on a paint job and you'll double that.
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:09 AM   #30
notmycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardjohn

IT LOOKS LIKE A NICE TRUCK. ONE THING NO ONE HAS MENTIONED YET IS CONVERTING THE STEERING FROM MANUAL TO POWER. IT'S NOT TOUGH AT ALL, & IF THATS YOUR BIGGEST COMPLAINT, IT CAN BE FIXED EASILY & YOU'LL BE ABLE TO KEEP YOUR CURRANT TRUCK. JOHN
I've actually considered changing it over. Time's a bit tight lately, and I haven't really had the facilities lately either. I'm also aware that several vendors have conversion kits, but if memory serves, the kit alone is 4-500.00 ea.

BTW LONGHAIR, the truck isn't for sale. I'm simply asking for feedback. Also, if and when I do sell, it will be local and not online..either on this forum, or elsewhere, but thanks for looking out just the same