The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-05-2004, 11:37 PM   #26
crews
It just doesn't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged74
my brother built this one, the body is done now. The truck has gone to a different shop to have the engine/tranny installed. I will take some updated pics when it comes back to have the bed installed.

Your brother should be proud...That is better than GM could have done...perfect radius on the X-cab window...my hat's off to him...

Can't wait to see it finished!!!

If you don't like me- TAKE A NUMBER; There are people ahead of you!!
crews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:54 AM   #27
Livrat
Member #1049

WOW.. All this talk about extended cabs and crew cabs.. I had to dig out a picture of my first attempt at doing one about 10 years ago... I used a 133 inch wheel base Long Horn frame.. with a short bed... cut off the cab directly behind the door and moved it and the rear mounts back.. then welded in a Suburban floor and also used the Suburban roof which is taller than the trucks.. then used a window out of a late 80's Ranger.. I was okay with the stretch part.. But the window treatment still did not look right to me.. Oh well.. A buddy of mine loved it and ended up with it... Drove it for a few years.. then sold it.. It was last seen in Puyuallup WA a couple years ago.. Has any one seen it lately??... Would be cool to have it back.. Try a different window and turn it into a 4X4 Dually..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged74
my brother built this one, the body is done now. The truck has gone to a different shop to have the engine/tranny installed. I will take some updated pics when it comes back to have the bed installed.

I will admit that for an actual crew cab the Gold and White one is in my opinion way cool..
But for the club cab look... Wow.. I really like your brothers windows the best .. it matches the rest awesome..
Attached Images

Last edited by Livrat; 12-06-2004 at 01:03 AM.
Livrat is offline   Reply With Quote