The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-07-2005, 10:56 AM   #26
Vince M

The number is also stamped into the frame. I've seen them in two places. Right by the power steering pump on the frame and also under the cab on the top of the frame rail between the cab supports. The later one is a bit hard to get to.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:49 PM   #27
wannabeburbowner

It is an Ohio title.
85 Monte Carlo SS clone T-top (Sold)
72 Chevelle-tubbed
64 Buick Sportwagon
wannabeburbowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 03:59 PM   #28
mblackburnjr
collector of vintage rust

I dont forsee any problems.
mblackburnjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:30 PM   #29
wannabeburbowner

I hope there aren't any problems. I am just worried if they will have to check all that stuff if I get into an accident or if the truck is ever stolen. I know if I ever have to get this thing inspected (in Cambridge, OH) they are abunch of a$$holes down there and will probably keep my truck. I would like to find a solid cab with a good title.
85 Monte Carlo SS clone T-top (Sold)
72 Chevelle-tubbed
64 Buick Sportwagon
wannabeburbowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:42 PM   #30
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

When I got the one ton, it had the wrong number on the title...a simple typo, but the big problem was it had a PA title.
When bringing in an out of state vehicle into ohio, you have to have the VIN and the title inspected by certian people...normally found at the dealerships. It costs nothing, but it can be a PITA. The inspection is not a smog check, nor a safety inspection...and they are no able to stop you for any of that. However, if the inspector suspects stollen parts...or whole vehicle, then they can't sign off, and I believe they have to make some phone calls that aren't in your favor. I know in my area I have been told that they are real a-holes about fenders and stuff being a different color.
I called the lady who notorized the title in PA, and she told me that I needed to get her a good picture of the plate, a rubbing of the numbers, and the title all sent to her. She then re-titled the vehicle. It shows another owner, but it was basicly sold from OLDCHEV to OLDCHEV, and then to me. This is how PA dopes it...and I really wouldn't be suprised if they'd do a similar thing here. I think I would just go to a pay phone and call the BMV and see what they say. If they start talking highway patroll and suspected stollen or any of that crap, then you may want to hang up and never try it again.
Problem is, even though it probbably wont happen...this can jump up and bite you in the ass.

An interesting one on my one ton...the frame vin and body/title vin are not the same. The body is one unit off....I can't remember the numbers, but we'll say my frame was #12345...the body/title says 12346.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote