The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-13-2015, 12:00 AM   #26
Ontcalimo

Re: Truck shop, Orange Ca

I buy from this place all the time and spend thousands of dollars already. I am very glad they are in the area. I will try to be objective as possible because it is only fair for the business and the consumer. They generally have every item on stock so that's a big plus. They have good prices on many parts especially the sheet metal body parts, but many other items are very pricey, especially the engine performance parts. However, I like the fact the prices listed is what you pay. There are no gimmicks here. Other sellers elsewhere sometimes post specials, with a 20-25%v off ,when in fact the discounted price is the actual suggested retail price.
Regarding pricy items, I purchased a Holley mechanical fuel pump from there and later on I noticed it was about 20 dollars cheaper elsewhere. If you don't believe me do the comparisons yourself. This was also the case with a Flamethrower HEI distributor, give or take. I felt cheated when this happened. But that's what I get for not doing my homework and shopping around. If you don't mind paying more, that is your prerogative. Also, that mentioned fuel pump was a total loss of money. It leaked after installation and I noticed it had a stripped thread on the bottom of it that made it leaked. I do not blame them for that though, that was a quality control issue of the manufacturer. The thing I do not like about this place and do blame them for it is that they hand write the receipts the old fashion way. They do not have a computerized system that can track and prove the purchase in case of refund. I can't speak for online orders though. On the fuel pump I mentioned , I could not replace it because I lost my receipt and could not prove it I bought it there.
Also if you go there, always check the products, I would say about 15-20% of the parts are defective, just like the fuel pump I mentioned. At least that has been my experience. I bought a flamethrower HEI distributor and two of the distributors caps that were pulled out were cracked. Many of the Counterpart (TM) sheet metal are defective some how. I purchased a gas tank that its pegs on ring where you place the sending unit was too loose. The only way it could be placed correctly was to pound the retaining wring with a hammer. However, their was no need to do that on the original tank. I ended up returning the tank and just used old tank. Regarding sheet metal, I can tolerate small dings but not when products have major fitment issues. However, I have bought two fenders that fit like a glove and I was very satisfied. Yeah they had to be prepped up with a little bit of body filler and thick primer surfacer, but when they were blocked and completed, they were straight as an arrow. I was also satisfied with the doors, although the bottom skin was not completely strait. I had initially rejected one of them before that had a small crease when skin was installed at the factory. I understand these doors are manufactured like the old fashion way. I don't thinks there robotics involved , so there will be slight issues in probably every product of every aftermarket manufacturer. I think we have to be realistic. But many others have significant issues. I purchased a counter part tail gate and was not satisfied about the craftsmanship. On side of the tailgate it was crimped and spot weld properly, but not on the other side. The other side had a open gap and was not crimped properly. In my opinion, be very leery if they hand you a part in which it's package has been already opened already or re-taped. It's likely defective in my opinion. That has been my experience It makes me think that some else returned it for not being satisfied due to a defective issue. And its easier to resell it to person who is not to assertive or demanding about the craftsmanship and quality of product, than returning it to the manufacturer. I am not accusing them they do that, but makes me wonder if they do that. However, most of the workers there are very friendly, patient, and will provide good customer service. There is no issues regarding refunds (assuming you still have you receipt). I think the sellers are very prudent and put them selves in our shoes. I do believe they will refund any product if you are not completely satisfied, no questions asked. So check your items, save your receipt, and return the product if defective or not satisfied. On black Friday weekend they have a 10% off. They also were giving hotdogs chips an drinks to their customers in the parking lot. This little gesture, made me feel like a valued customer. Even with the good and bad experience I had their, I will likely continue purchasing from there.

Last edited by Ontcalimo; 12-13-2015 at 12:22 AM.
Ontcalimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 12:34 AM   #27
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Well that was too long for me to read lol, but its nice to see things are still good on this ten year old thread =)
Old 12-13-2015, 12:43 AM   #28
Ontcalimo

We have too keep this thread going so others that may have similar inquiry today have some answers. I would expect it from others since we are here to give each other a hand. Anyone agree?
Ontcalimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 12:55 AM   #29
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

I went to the Pomona Swap Meet a few years then stayed around So Cali for a week or so after. I bought some stuff but can't remember what nwo but do remember I was going buy a replacement outer grill for my 72C10. There price was very good I think 395/495 and because I live so far away I wanted to make sure the grill was in perfect shape as returning it from Western Canada wasn't an option. Long story short I looked at 3 they had in stock and all 3 had either scratches or some kind of scuzz on them, so I didn't buy one but was impressed that they had 3 in stock and secondly that they gladly opened up the 3 boxes and weren't ticked I didn't buy one.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 03:00 PM   #30
snipescastle2

They offer a lot of nice parts, some prices are spot on, others are high. One nice thing about their catalog, with regards to hardware, they list the bolt/nut size and thread pitch, building a "Basket Case" like I am, that was nice to know.
Ben
snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 03:49 PM   #31
XwalkerX

i live about 10 miles from them. pretty nice resource to have so close when they have almost everything in stock...
XwalkerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:28 AM   #32
ck5566
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUV2XCLR8 View Post
O I C, Well I Know Tim @ Christians Does Not Have Everything
He Carries On His Website, The Person Who Did His Website Is
No More, And Tim Has Had Trouble Finding Someone To Update
It For Him, Can't Speak For The Others, If The Truck Shop Is
The Only Place You Can Get It, Go For It, Like I Said, The Only
Thing I Have Heard About Them Is They Are Expensive People
YOU have heard WRONG! The Truck Shop in Orange,CA has the 3 spoke wheel for $209.00. And Classic Industries Huntington Beach,CA has that same 3 spoke wheel for $239.99. Brothers in Corona,CA has it for $219.99. Classic Parts in Kansas City,MO has it for $204.95. National Parts Depot also has it for $259.95. So the way I see this is that 2 out of 5 stores is the cheapest and guess what the Truck Shop comes in 2nd and the other 3 are the ones that are the """ EXPENSIVE PEOPLE""". So do your Home Work first be for you take someones advice. As you can see here I did your Home Work for you and now you have 5 let me say it again 5 places to get that same steering wheel from. And that's a rap...
ck5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:48 AM   #33
ck5566
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet72 View Post
I've seen The Truck Shop at Carlisle Pa. many times and have not bought anything from them. There have been quite a few "bad reviews" on their customer service and sales people with attitudes, which I have personally witnessed. They make a lot of sales at shows because of their lower prices. I'd rather buy from a people-friendly vendor even if the price was a bit higher.
I have found a lot of good deals at Carlisle's and with that goes the sales people with great attitudes and to be very people friendly also. The Truck Shop is no difference there or in Orange,CA. Great people
Old 06-02-2016, 01:00 AM   #34
ck5566
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamharvey View Post
They have terrible customer service. Try to get something exchanged or refunded and you will see. Since they are coming to Turlock, Ca this weekend (where I live), I thought I would try using them again and possibly save some shipping charges since I need a blazer gas tank. The sales person had an attitude and would not help in any way to get my order sent this way. Then I asked if I could request some parts to be at the show so I could just buy them there, and again I was given an attitude with no help.
As far as Exchanges go I have had a few times to return a wrong part or two and walked right up and taken a numbered ticket waited my turn and have gotten my refund with no problems at all. If you check your attitude at the door be for you walk in then you wont have a problem with anybody there. Very pleasant experience in the 20 or so times there.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:17 AM   #35
leddzepp

I have bought from them routinely for the past decade. They are 30 mins from me and always have the part in stock and on hand for me to buy right there in front of me. If the part sucks, I simply don't buy it. They also have a TON of NOS parts in display cases that they do not advertise online or in their catalog.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:31 AM   #36
dazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck5566 View Post
YOU have heard WRONG! The Truck Shop in Orange,CA has the 3 spoke wheel for $209.00. And Classic Industries Huntington Beach,CA has that same 3 spoke wheel for $239.99. Brothers in Corona,CA has it for $219.99. Classic Parts in Kansas City,MO has it for $204.95. National Parts Depot also has it for $259.95. So the way I see this is that 2 out of 5 stores is the cheapest and guess what the Truck Shop comes in 2nd and the other 3 are the ones that are the """ EXPENSIVE PEOPLE""". So do your Home Work first be for you take someones advice. As you can see here I did your Home Work for you and now you have 5 let me say it again 5 places to get that same steering wheel from. And that's a rap...
I think maybe all those places inventory and prices have changed since 2005 and I'm sure their prices did too!

Better redo YOUR homework and I'm glad you didn't do mine!
'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:06 AM   #37
ck5566
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza View Post
I think maybe all those places inventory and prices have changed since 2005 and I'm sure their prices did too!

Better redo YOUR homework and I'm glad you didn't do mine!
I didn't really look at when this thread started, like Hillary Clinton said What Difference Does It Make anyway. I had to come to the Truck Shops defense.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:41 AM   #38
dazza

But did you inhale?
'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:48 PM   #39
orange-ant

I've used them. Compared to Brothers, LMC, Classic Industries; their prices are cheaper over all. The quality of their products is "ok" BUT I ordered an eyebrow on the right side. The left one I had was from LMC. The LMC one fit WAY better. The Truck Shop one did not sit well against the front end of the truck. That's my only complaint with them so far.
orange-ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:53 PM   #40
ck5566
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange-ant View Post
I've used them. Compared to Brothers, LMC, Classic Industries; their prices are cheaper over all. The quality of their products is "ok" BUT I ordered an eyebrow on the right side. The left one I had was from LMC. The LMC one fit WAY better. The Truck Shop one did not sit well against the front end of the truck. That's my only complaint with them so far.
How was the body work from both sides.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:07 PM   #41
orange-ant

The body work was symmetrical on both sides. There were no flaws in the body. I'll try to take pictures. I had an LMC one on there before that fit great, but it got dented by the body shop so I bought one from Truck Shop as a replacement thinking its cheaper; that's when I noticed the marked difference.

I've heard LMC has the original GMC moldings...not sure if one of the experts on this thread can verify...
orange-ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 02:25 AM   #42
ck5566
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange-ant View Post
The body work was symmetrical on both sides. There were no flaws in the body. I'll try to take pictures. I had an LMC one on there before that fit great, but it got dented by the body shop so I bought one from Truck Shop as a replacement thinking its cheaper; that's when I noticed the marked difference.

I've heard LMC has the original GMC moldings...not sure if one of the experts on this thread can verify...
You don't need to take pics, I just wanted to know as I work for a Collision/ Body shop. Just wanted to know if You knew how straight the area was for comparison purposes.