The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-12-2005, 01:27 AM   #26
jose

Well said barn9 , I am willing to help out any way i can just say the word Jodie . Give it some thought and keep the BURB . Jose

jose6772@yahoo.com
jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:38 AM   #27
GMCjunkie
Dude...I'm a CHICK

Oh my gosh!! Where do I start??! I guess "THANK YOU" would be the best place. Yall touch my heart in so many ways!!. first let me try to reply to every one.

Mudder, I dont know what Id like to get for her, I know shes worth so much more to me than anyone else, I have so much sweat and tears invested, not to mention money.

Meathead,, I dont have any more recent pics right now. I have no camera nor a scanner anymore either, l0l

Panhandler, thanks forthe advice, yes even crappy tools are bettern none, I have a very limited set of thoes in my truck, Id hate to rely on them for anything major, lol

Brewski, I doubt my truck would sell for that much, even tho I have recipts for much more than that.

kwmech, I know, thanks

Moneyguru, thanks. My husband took only what was his. We have kept every thing as fair as possible, he dont want anything from me, especially my truck or anything having to do with it.

70 shorty, Thank you, I totally agree with you!!

Dubie, thanks, but I dont think others would see the worth that I do, I paid 8500.00 for her, with a shot engine, tranny in in the oil pan and bad brakes..

fine... youre so sweet, IN YOUR DREAMS PUNK!!! LOL

Cheyenne.. Thank you, my kids are of the utmost importance to me, my oldest son just landed an awsome job and is a big help to me with groceries and such.

jostrans...You cant imagine the support Ive gotten from this board over the years. People here have helped me thru things that id never made it thru otherwise.

scoti, THANK YOU!! I have some serious thinking to do now,

Mudder, gas is rediculous, and it aint gettin any better, but thats the leaste of my worries....... Ebay terrifies me... lol

bagged... Hes not making me sell it, tho hes always hated my truck, he knows what it means to me

walker.. thank you!! as I said, I have one of thoes crappy "will-do-in-a-pinch-" walmart sets, lol I basically have nothing.

Randy... thank you darlin.

krue... thanks to you also... I dont wan to either... makes my heart hurt just thinking about it.

dwaite...LOL... good advice thank you!!!

70 shorty... Thanks again.... this board has truly been "My bright side"

Andrew.. thanks for all the info darlin,,, I only commute about 30 miles for work and try to keep other runnin to a minimum. I get about 10 - 12 mpg. Bettern some, not as good as others...The body is whats getting so bad, the rust is getting out of control, engine wise she runs like a bat outta hell, and just needs a tune up after the last texas trip. My husband has his own truck, its a 70 GMC short/step. Hes never like my truck and so wants no part of it.

Barn,,, thank you!! That is the sweetest thing, but I dont think I could accept something like that. Any of yall that has followed me thru the last 5 years of so that Ive beenn on this board, have seen me thru some extremely difficult times, not just with my truck, but my marriage, moving from one coast to the other, my children, especially my daughter and her surgeries, my first home (which im keeping) My kids and their drivers permits!! Yikes!! Yall have been thru more with me, HELPED me thru more bad times than my own "blood family" People who dont have such a wonderful "cyber family" just dont have a clue. My life wouldnt be the same with out all'y'all. Even if I didnt have my truck, I couldnt leave this place and my wonderful family. Thank you Barn, you along with the others have truly touched my heart.

Jose, Im doin just that, giving it some thought... Im more confused on what to do now than ever, lol.

This is what concerns me most, First of all, my Burb runs like a bat outta hell. Other than needing a tune up from the last trip to texas. The body is what concerns me. My rear doors, the clamshells, are rotting to crap, Ive had the barn doors for years, finally took them out and started getting them ready to put on,, at a stand still cause I cant weld etc... I dont want to put the doors on (even if I could achieve this by myself) and have them rust away too, cause they werent treated and painted right, Im not a body person, Ive done some maintenence on rust spots to try to "preserve" her metal, but to no avail, everywhere Ive done work,rust has re surfaced, even tho Ive used the POR15 etc... Im just not doing something right, my rear rockers are basically shot, holes in them, drip rail is bad off, and now im getting bubbles on the sides, on the sheet metal. this all scares the hell outta me, even if I could do some of the body work, I dont have a garage, its now hurricaine season, so I have no where to get her out of the weather while I do the work. Kind of a losing battle. It makes me sick, its like seeing on of your kids with skin cancer and nothing you can do about it. Thats why I thought it would be more humane for some one else to have her and save her. I dont want to sell her, shes the one "worldly" thing that I have, my solace and my "therapy" when I need something to keep me busy. I have so many dreams for her, as we all do, I just dont know what to do. Yes sometimes, (like now) I feel despair, I know Id regret sellin her, Id never get another truck, dont really think Id want "another" one, she wouldnt be mine, just wouldnt be the same. Y'all have given me hope, something to think about. The offering of tools is awsome, If it turns out that I can keep her, I may just have to take yall up on that, as I said I have basically nothing.

Thanks to everyone, Its really hard to find the words to express how much yall mean to me.

Im always here, even if I dont always have time to post right away.

See ya soon!!
junk

'71 GMC Suburban 4x4
GMCjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:29 PM   #28
krue
Designated A-hole!

We need to see if we can get it fixed and painted for you. I would be willing to chip in on it for you.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:40 PM   #29
panhandler62
Java Mechanic

I'm gonna say this and then run.. fast.. so I don't get hit with rocks but...

$100 worth of fiberglass, a hand grinder and a few cans of paint can stave off the rust-monkeys for a few years till the proper repairs can be made.

Once I counted up what needs to be done to mine to fix 'er right I went this route so the bad things won't progress untill I have the things I need to fix it up the right way (like a garage and a welder.. lol) A bit of 'Bama-engineering is better than watching your truck melt away while you are getting yourself together.
panhandler62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:00 PM   #30
biglou55

Wink

I guess i am one of the lucky ones my wife has put up with my idiocrycias for 28 yrs. i am willing to help with a donation of tools -money - or time if you were closer. just say the word. your goodness and kindness will perseviere. what good are any of us if we cannot help a family member in thier hour of need.

Last edited by biglou55; 07-12-2005 at 03:01 PM.
biglou55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:26 PM   #31
knsmodels
I make Models

What ever is decided that would be the best way to help....Count me in....Paul

1972 LWB K10 350/4 sp
1968 SS Chevelle 396/tremac5spd
knsmodels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:40 PM   #32
boraxman
Keepin an eye out

Hell i'll adopt you and the family, wanna come to California?..Im sure my girlfriend wouldnt mind
ZIP 91351

Last edited by boraxman; 07-12-2005 at 03:40 PM.
boraxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:31 PM   #33
Kas68c10

Sorry to hear it Jodie, i know you love that burb....if a tool donation helps , count me in. Would sure rather you keep it than sell it....if I was closer i would donate time too...
Anything I can do to help, lemme know....
1968 SWB Stepside, 250,pwr disc brake and tilt pwr steering, 5 spd tranny, HEI,Accel coil,K&N filter,Seat from a later truck with built in seatbelts, front and rear sway bars, moved gas tank to under the bed, headman hedders, new chrome bumpers,one wire alternator,Weber k550cub carburator...WORK IN PROGRESS, Freeland MI , Just bought a 72 Jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!
Kas68c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:32 PM   #34
Hart_Rod

Surely someone knows of a economical 4Door car on the cheap. Find it, and we all can chip in some money to help her get it. I woman who loves old trucks is rare, and something to be cherished and protected. I've got some tarps she can keep on the burb when the weather is bad. Best of luck Jodie.

Rob

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 07-12-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:50 PM   #35
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rob
Surely someone knows of a economical 4Door car on the cheap. Find it, and we all can chip in some money to help her get it. I woman who loves old trucks is rare, and something to be cherished and protected. I've got some tarps she can keep on the burb when the weather is bad. Best of luck Jodie.

Rob
Just like the movie said . . ..... pay it forward. We help her . . .... and when she's in a better position she can return the deed to someone else in need!

Others also suggested Robs cheap car idea & it's a good one. A car cover for the burb so it doesn't stay in the elements & a small Corrola/Stanza or whatever they call'em these days to get around. Who's with me?????
(scene music from animal house off)
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:01 PM   #36
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rob
Surely someone knows of a economical 4Door car on the cheap.

2 Bad you could not make do w/ a 2 door coupe (4 seater) my lil old Hond@
I have been driving for 3 years is perfect for this, 40 mpg, 4 spd manual, If
it would be of any interest to you maybe we could work out some sort of a
deal, parts trade (junk donated by members), or something along that line
my wife would probably kill me, but I would hate to see you sell that burb.
Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:42 PM   #37
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUV2XCLR8
2 Bad you could not make do w/ a 2 door coupe (4 seater) my lil old Hond@
I have been driving for 3 years is perfect for this, 40 mpg, 4 spd manual, If
it would be of any interest to you maybe we could work out some sort of a
deal, parts trade (junk donated by members), or something along that line
my wife would probably kill me, but I would hate to see you sell that burb.
What are some parts you would want in trade? Let's see what's out there.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:01 PM   #38
ckhd

Breaks my heart to hear you are thinking of selling! I know how much you love that 'burb. If I could afford it, I'd give it a new home. If you lived close, I'd let you borrow tools.

1968 K20 fleet
1969 K10 swb fleet
1972 K10 Suburban
1972 C10 lwb step
1992 K1500 'burb
1995 K2500 'burb
1997 C1500 'burb
1999 K1500
2000 K1500 'burb

Why do I own so many Suburbans?
ckhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:07 PM   #39
ckhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by krue
We need to see if we can get it fixed and painted for you. I would be willing to chip in on it for you.

Yeah, if the board can pull together to buy a longhorn, we should be able to help you out too.

1968 K20 fleet
1969 K10 swb fleet
1972 K10 Suburban
1972 C10 lwb step
1992 K1500 'burb
1995 K2500 'burb
1997 C1500 'burb
1999 K1500
2000 K1500 'burb

Why do I own so many Suburbans?
ckhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:27 PM   #40
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

ckhd, Yes...the Longhorn wasn't that much and it happened! Too bad we couldn't do a work party and fix that burb. Too bad it is that far away from me or I would love to help out with welding and hammering sheet metal. It would be fun to do a Overhaulin' kind of makeover on that thing. I know with the talent on this board that it could be done in a weekend...others could kick in money for paint, supplies or parts. We just need someone to organize it all.
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)

Last edited by stllookn; 07-12-2005 at 08:31 PM.
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:30 PM   #41
kwmech

Does the burb have a tail gate or the barn doors?
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:36 PM   #42
barn9
Half a bubble off!

Well Jodie? Would getting you a daily driver help you keep the Burb? Give us some input, and we'll join together and see what we can accomplish. That Burb belongs with you and not anyone else, and I think most of us here would like to see that it stays with you. After all, what are big brothers for?
Old 07-12-2005, 10:57 PM   #43
Mudder

kw...she has barn doors for it and its a lift gate truck. I think the girl could put them on herself if she had the place and tools. She's that determined. She said the gate was getting in pretty bad shape.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:21 PM   #44
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

You can count me in on what ever is decided I have no problem helping if I am able... Stay strong and good times will come.. Best wishes..

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 02:56 PM   #45
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Jodie..I know you told me what you told me...but I feel lots of love here....you know you can count me in on this if you accept this.
This is totally different from the whole longhorn thing...that was a hey lets buy this beater for the underemploied guy who totalled his.....hell, I had another truck already and it was a daily driver.
This is more of a lets help our friend who always makes almost every one of us smile and laugh at least once a week. Be it her jokes, her stories, her I'm a ***** signiture (which we all pretty much disagree with BTW)...this is a lets help one of our favorite board chicks on her feet while things are (hopefully) at there worst.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:07 PM   #46
panhandler62
Java Mechanic

Things are tight for me.. but if someone gets it organized... I'll throw what I can at the effort.
68 C20 Fleetside -- RIP
Decorating the whole town up at a cost of $27 ....
panhandler62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:13 PM   #47
moneyguru

I'm in Kalamazoo, MI....I don't have a ton of tools or advanced knowledge...But I want to help in anyway I can.

I firmly believe in the saying, what goes around comes around.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:01 PM   #48
jlive68

Count me in I cant do much but I will do what I can.

James
Old 07-13-2005, 09:34 PM   #49
Paul72

I just got thru some 'tight' times and now have a new job. Things are looking up for me and the family again.

Jodie, I understand the resistance to the help. When I got laid-off a month before Christmas, a bunch of my college buddies all pitched in together to help me out. It turned out to be more than $600!! I would not have accepted it, but it was done without my knowing and my brother says 'Here, this is for you' and hands me an envelope. About 6 months later, another buddy got laid off, and I was the first in line to help him out.

What we, the board members, want to do here is not charity - it's helping a friend in need. If it makes you feel better, once you're on your feet again (and you will be) you can sell the car and donate the $$ back to the board.

Please consider this. It would make us all feel better to help you out and see you keep the Burb.

Paul
Old 07-13-2005, 09:52 PM   #50
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul72
I just got thru some 'tight' times and now have a new job. Things are looking up for me and the family again.

Jodie, I understand the resistance to the help. When I got laid-off a month before Christmas, a bunch of my college buddies all pitched in together to help me out. It turned out to be more than $600!! I would not have accepted it, but it was done without my knowing and my brother says 'Here, this is for you' and hands me an envelope. About 6 months later, another buddy got laid off, and I was the first in line to help him out.

What we, the board members, want to do here is not charity - it's helping a friend in need. If it makes you feel better, once you're on your feet again (and you will be) you can sell the car and donate the $$ back to the board.

Please consider this. It would make us all feel better to help you out and see you keep the Burb.

Paul

Paul....VERY well spoken.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote