The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-08-2005, 09:36 PM   #26
Russell
Professional Grade

I've got two big overhead lights, but when the garage door is up, they are covered. Its mostly my camera that is dark though, it likes bright light so it can take clear pictures.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:37 PM   #27
hotrodhomi

I got my truck back from the paint shop. I need to take it back though, I'm not happy with some of the work. I should be getting my windows tinted on thursday. I was looking at getting new rims this week, but the AC in my house quit... Its friggin hot here with out it.
hotrodhomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:18 AM   #28
bagged_and_bodydrop
Just drag it

Worked on the truck all week, got up saturday went to slamboree, cruised saturday night, went back to the show sunday, got disapointed i didnt win sumthin lol, but had fun and thats all that matters.
Attached Images

bagged_and_bodydrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:03 AM   #29
86 GMG

bagged_and_bodydrop is that truck from tulsa or has it been here before i think i have seen it if it is the one i saw thats a sweet paint job. 86 gmg
Old 08-09-2005, 12:55 PM   #30
bagged_and_bodydrop
Just drag it

Nope its mine and I'm from Ardmore, fishished Saturday morning and that was its first show. Thanks for the compliments I did everyting my self (cept the bed liner). Took me about 7 months to build it. Wouldnt have took so long but got into a car accidnent. Not bad for a 17 year old huh? Thanks for the compliments again.
bagged_and_bodydrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:12 PM   #31
rockman20
"The dude abides"

Let's see, my weekend started Thursday. I put a new inner wheel bearing and seal in my 1953 Farmall Super M tractor and then I split the tractor in half and replaced the front transmission seal. Put a K & N filter in the pickup and that was about it.

Friday I slept late, ate lunch with my brother-in-law, picked up my extra leafs for the front of the pickup, got some parts from the store, picked up my son, and then hung out at home.

Saturday my son and I took off to my brother-in-law's. We hung out there for most of the day and then went and got a stock trailer.

Sunday we loaded up the pickup and headed out to Valley City, ND and picked up 5 bulls. Brought them to the scales in Valley and got them weighed. Lightest bull was 950 pounds and the heaviest was 1140 pounds. Came back to Casselton, ND with around 4,000 + pounds dancing around in the trailer. What fun! We should of had 1 to two more bulls in there. They had way too much room to move around. Jerked me all over the interstate. Then we fixed up a bull pen, walked 3 miles to find the 12 bulls that broke through the fence, got them back, got the new bulls in, went and ate, and then took my son back to his mothers.

Next weekend will be even crazier. Next weekend is our rodeo in Wyndmere, ND. We've been spending the last few weeks setting up the arena, getting the chutes up, and setting up the back pens. We also need to try to get some hay work done if it would stop raining now!

1993 Chevy Silverado C3500 1 ton dually
1994 Honda Civic
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass S
1953 IH Farmall Super M
New to the fleet:
1992 Subaru Loyal
rockman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:44 PM   #32
Izzy
Trucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged_and_bodydrop
Worked on the truck all week, got up saturday went to slamboree, cruised saturday night, went back to the show sunday, got disapointed i didnt win sumthin lol, but had fun and thats all that matters.
My buddy alex was droolin' over your truck everytime you cruised by us. We were in front of the Church across from McDonald's.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:47 PM   #33
static22

Just got done putting new rocker, partial inner rocker, cab corner, and cab support in my '77. Not too difficult. Took my time and put it back together the same way it came apart. Cab dropped a little bit when I cut out the old rocker. Used my jack and a 4x4 to jack it back up by the door hinges while i put everything back together.

Taking the kids to Frontier City tomorrow. Anybody want to go?
static22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:12 PM   #34
boxrodz
Until Seventy Times Seven

I washed and un-oxidized (waxed) the box. Wax on, Wax off. (Many times.)

Sorta truck related. I clocked about 1,200 miles in 4 days cruisin' to and fro the Four Corners region. Most of it was Mountain driving. I got a chance to ride in something that had a 'bit' more horsepower. I'll bore you with a couple of pics.
Attached Images

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...

Last edited by boxrodz; 08-10-2005 at 11:15 PM.
boxrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:17 PM   #35
boxrodz

Quote:
Nope its mine and I'm from Ardmore, fishished Saturday morning and that was its first show. Thanks for the compliments I did everyting my self (cept the bed liner). Took me about 7 months to build it. Wouldnt have took so long but got into a car accidnent. Not bad for a 17 year old huh? Thanks for the compliments again.
Nice Truck and Good Job.
Got any detail pics?

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...
Old 08-11-2005, 10:57 AM   #36
Izzy
Trucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxrodz
I washed and un-oxidized (waxed) the box. Wax on, Wax off. (Many times.)

Sorta truck related. I clocked about 1,200 miles in 4 days cruisin' to and fro the Four Corners region. Most of it was Mountain driving. I got a chance to ride in something that had a 'bit' more horsepower. I'll bore you with a couple of pics.
Was that the Gila cliff dwellings? If so it's a nice place and the mountains around it are some nice scenery.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:20 PM   #37
boxrodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveeightchevy
Was that the Gila cliff dwellings? If so it's a nice place and the mountains around it are some nice scenery.
Actually, it was the Cliff Palace Dwelling in the Mesa Verde National Park between Durango and Cortez (Colorado). I've never been to the Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument. If it's anything like Mesa Verde, I bet it's nice. Strangely enough, just Southwest of Cortez (the Four Corners), it's very hot and arid. But, around Durango, the scenery is real nice. Especially westward around Wolf Creek pass. (Talk about a climb. Almost 11,000 feet up and over the Great Divide.) Cruisin in the box ...

Old 08-11-2005, 08:24 PM   #38
mingoman

I'm back to working on the weekends so today is my last day off. I've been finishing sheetrock at my youngest sister's house that she is remodeling for two days.I took a break from my Chevelle project since #2 son goes back to college in two weeks and his '83 GMC needs a new engine. { The old 305 has had it!} I bought a 4 bolt main 350 with a TH350 trans for $100 that both need rebuilding so I tore the 350 down today. It turned out to have a standard bore and crank still so I was really happy about that. Ready to go back to work so I can get a little rest.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:51 PM   #39
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Nope its mine ....Took me about 7 months to build it. Wouldnt have took so long but got into a car accidnent. Not bad for a 17 year old huh? Thanks for the compliments again.
I would say that's dang good time regardless of your age. The fact that you are 17 just makes it that much more amazing. You have my respect...

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 12:40 AM   #40
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxrodz
......Strangely enough, just Southwest of Cortez (the Four Corners), it's very hot and arid. But, around Durango, the scenery is real nice. ....:
It's really beautiful up that way. I lived in Colorado Springs for a couple of years and got to see Durango then.

On your way back if your headed southwest you could Get your kicks on Route 66. It goes from St. Louie down to Missouri, Oklahoma City looks oh so pretty. You'll see Amarillo and Gallup, New Mexico Flagstaff, Arizona don't forget Winona Kingman, Barstow, San Bernadino all the way to California.....
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:46 AM   #41
tbirdman88
87 short crewcab

i painted my sons guitar for the 2nd time. tried using 8yr old polyurathane, total disaster. had to redo the whole thing, this time im using automotive clear and see how that works, took me about 4 hrs for all the sanding, masking, and laying out stripes. its a p.i.t.a. to clean your gun 5 times in one day.im using a gravity feed that i got a harbor freight for 15 bucks. works great.

tbirdman88-87shortbedcrewcab
tbirdman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:14 AM   #42
SSC's76
No No

Got a pic of my truck in my avitar thats about it. Too much crap going on at work. I'm going to go back in today and pull an engine out of a trooper and get the fluids drained in an olds so that engine can come out tomorrow.
Gen VI 454, Muncie HD 3 speed With Modified OE Hurst Shifter, 3.73 12 bolt, GMPP HO roller cam, Hooker headers, Performer intake with modified Q-jet, Accel distributor. Best 1/4 12.3 @108. Funnest run 19.84 @88 full 1/4 mile burn out.
1997 K1500 ext cab 5.7 stock except muffler
SSC's76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:18 AM   #43
bigblock73
yeller

OK folks, this is LAST WEEKS "what did you get done"...
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote