The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-14-2005, 02:54 PM   #26
chevy71super

I am one of the lucky ones who can afford more than one truck. My 71 4X4 shortbox is modified somewhat, 2.5 inch lift, 35" tires, chrome on the engine, etc. but can be brought back to stock if someone wants it that way because it retains the original colors and trim. (I prefer the look of the lift and bigger tires.) The 72 4X4 shortbox Cheyenne Super I own will undergo a stock restoration. I will try and make it look as stock as possible. I will do this partly for the value of a stock high option truck and partly because you don't see many originals and I also like the stock look.
chevy71super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 03:31 PM   #27
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

I hate to see them turn into investments. They are meant to be driven. I use mine as a daily driver. I was driving it on gravel roads a week outta paint. I love the looks of em and would rather have my truck than a brand new one. If I was given a brand new one I'd sell it and build 2 more real trucks.

I don't think they will turn into muscle car prices but the minute the investment croud thinks they are a good place to hide money, we're hosed.
chickenwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 04:04 PM   #28
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyryan100
My $.02 - if you want an investment, put your $ in an investment. If you want a cool truck, put your money in the truck. If you get lucky and your truck's worth something some day, you're just lucky. Over all, vehicles are not good investments. They're good toys and hobbies, but you'd make more investing your money elsewhere.

If cars/trucks were good investments, banks would be offering you money for a stake in your restoration. When's the last time that happened?
Ditto that....
Old 09-14-2005, 04:54 PM   #29
86swb
Born a Chevy Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG
i have a 72 cheyenne super c20 long box. big block. air. tool box. tilt. tach dash. dual gm spots. dual batt...etc etc etc. im torn on building it custom, not radical, but you wouldnt be able to tell it was ever a cheyenne super. or keep it stock, but lowered a little with aftermarket wheels. i like either way alot. non stock would be cheaper to build...but if i keep it stock will i be able to retire by selling it someday? yes, i realize the short fleet half ton version would be worth more...but but...what to do, what to do.
I agree, these trucks are not for investments to retire on. Never happen. May go up in value but nothing like you are thinking about. I would fix it how ever you want it to be and look.

*1986 Chevy SWB Silverado
*1984 Chevy Longbed Silverado

New Kia Sportage (Wife's car and she loves it)

CHEVY, American made w/pride!

If you can read this, YOU NEED TO THANK A TEACHER!
If you can read this in ENGLISH, PLEASE THANK A SOLDIER!
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND BLESS OUR FIGHTING TROOPS
86swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:52 PM   #30
rmrtndl
Hey ya'll, Watch this!

If you want to be able to retire after selling your restored vehicle, you better sell the truck and get a corvette or cuda.

Better yet, keep the truck and buy a vette. Later after you have restored both of them, you can keep the really cool truck and sell the corvette.

A nice benefit of this plan is you will have a corvette to practice your restoration efforts on. Once you learn how to do everything, then you can finish your truck to perfection.

I like the idea so much I think I will go ask my wife if I can by a vette. Or maybe I should follow the old motto that forgiveness is easier to obtain than permission.

72 GMC SWB Fleetside
25 Chevrolet Superior Series Truck
95 Mazda Miata
06 Dodge Charger RT

http://ram92.ods.org/blog.html
rmrtndl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:56 PM   #31
86swb
Born a Chevy Man

Yel right, good luck with your wife on that one. You better stick with the motto.

*1986 Chevy SWB Silverado
*1984 Chevy Longbed Silverado

New Kia Sportage (Wife's car and she loves it)

CHEVY, American made w/pride!

If you can read this, YOU NEED TO THANK A TEACHER!
If you can read this in ENGLISH, PLEASE THANK A SOLDIER!
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND BLESS OUR FIGHTING TROOPS

Last edited by 86swb; 09-14-2005 at 07:57 PM.
86swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:27 PM   #32
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyryan100
My $.02 - if you want an investment, put your $ in an investment. If you want a cool truck, put your money in the truck. If you get lucky and your truck's worth something some day, you're just lucky. Over all, vehicles are not good investments. They're good toys and hobbies, but you'd make more investing your money elsewhere.

If cars/trucks were good investments, banks would be offering you money for a stake in your restoration. When's the last time that happened?

Very well said
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:15 PM   #33
franko72
Franko72

anything collectible will always have value.The more rare the collectible the higher the value.These year 67-72 trucks are on the way to be very collectible.Anything that is a head turner will bring more cash than the original window sticker.

1972 C20 cheyenne Super 402 BB/400 turbo LWB A/C Tilt, Cruise Control, Saddle tanks, Tach
My Home Page
Better to burn out than it is to rust
franko72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:31 PM   #34
CG
BlahBlahBlah

thanks for the responces. all of em good, no jerky ones. oh and yes i realize i will never retire off of selling one of our trucks....that was tounge in cheek
CG is offline   Reply With Quote