The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-18-2005, 03:54 PM   #26
stueber68
1968 C20 Vortec Beast

Re: still trouble w/ tail lights

As Far As Your Dash Lights Plug Some Kind Of Light Into The Dashlight Connector On The Fuse Box And See If It Lights. If It Does Not And The Turn Signals Still Don't Work Right There Has Got To Be Some Sort Of Power Supply Problem To The Fuse Box. Maybe At The Junction Block On The Passenger Fender Or The Firewall.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:12 PM   #27
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Before doing any work on the turn signal, just plug the sucker in and see if it fixes the problem.
Just plugging in something to the The Dashlight Connector On The Fuse Box won't tell you if there is a problem with the fuse box... there could well be an issue on the printed circuit, or in the light switch, or wires between the switch and the fuse box. Too many variables for that comment.
I had asked about the dash lights before, but then you say the front markers work... so that 99% gets rid of why I asked, and throws another problem in the mix. (the dash bulbs are good...and you have twisted the rheostat back and forth to see if they kick on....right?)
Let us know what happens when the turn signal switch gets plugged in.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 06:38 PM   #28
67Fleet
Outlandish Trends - FL

Well, it ended up being the fuse panel. The terminals were so corroded that not enough current was going through to activate the tail/brake lights. I spent 2 hours sanding every terminal down and cleaning the sucker up. (I had the help of a auto electrical guru). Everything is working great now except the dash lights. I noticed 1 bulb is missing. Could that affect the entire printed circuit? Oh, thanks for all the replies guys, I really appreciate the help!
Old 11-19-2005, 08:32 PM   #29
jhow66

No on missing bulb. Take a test light and check the GRAY wire on the plug that goes to dash.(light switch on) If you have power here-check your printed ciccuit. If no power-check dash light fuse. Fuse good--check dash ground wire.(black with a clip on it that clips on bottom dash flange.
jhow66 is offline   Reply With Quote