The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 02:57 PM   #26
71swb4x4

Re: ripped off for $100 by Micky Miller

70rs/ss - I really hope you are able to get a resolution. Whenever I purchase things I believe that it's the senders property until it gets to my house. That's the only way that makes sense, since you have no control over addressing the box and taking it to the shipper. Same thing goes for when I sell something, it's mine until it gets to its destination.
chevytruckfan - you need to step up here. If oyu can't be reasonable enough to refund his cash then you at least need to help out by providing a receipt so he can get this package tracked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckdds
Shifty.... easy there devils advocate.... your probably pro gay marriage too
And this has got to be the stupidest comment I have ever read on the board. I am sure the admins will give you a mandatory break for this!

Last edited by 71swb4x4; 01-07-2006 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:59 PM   #27
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckdds
Shifty.... easy there devils advocate.... your probably pro gay marriage too
Quote:
And this has got to be the stupidest comment I have ever read on the board. I am sure the admins will give you a mandatory break for this!

he has 24 hours to review the rules
Old 01-07-2006, 03:00 PM   #28
71swb4x4

Glad to hear that Liz
Old 01-07-2006, 11:35 PM   #29
70rs/ss

Thanks for the support, and yeah I do not feel Micky's actions in any way reflect on the majority of the board members. I located all of his info, but hesitated to call the police simply because I was so PO'd that I let it sit for awhile and enjoyed the holidays. That being said, I am refreshed and I am ready for the second round! I have the number in hand and will call Lake Placid sheriff's office in the morning.

Shifty, I appreciate the apolagy, I guessed it was an honest mistake, but I had been PM'd a nasty post because of my actions and I wasn't sure of your intentions.

To those that have posted thanks for the support, and I know its only $100, but to me it's the principle of it. I don't go around ripping folks off and I'd hope to be treated the same.

I'll see if Johhny Law can help and I'll post tomorrow to let you all know how it goes!
Old 01-07-2006, 11:38 PM   #30
krue
Designated A-hole!

Keep us updated.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
Old 01-08-2006, 12:36 AM   #31
BigMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz
he has 24 hours to review the rules
Good call Liz...

I have been here long enough, and have had the oportunity to read more than several of SHIFTY's responses to get a good feeling he is a stand up guy, that's why I knew his initial response was just an simple name mixup...Not sure what redneckdds was thinking, but it was definetely not appropriate.

70rs/ss - Make sure to let us know where this goes....I am surprised that chevytruckfan (Mickey Miller) has not chimed in yet.

Mike
Old 01-08-2006, 01:27 AM   #32
Rollie396
someday it will be done!

Good luck 70rs/ss hope it works out for ya!
I'm surprised the guy has the nerve to keep posting here after tryin to pull something like this.
'66 long step (parked till it's turn comes around)
'65 short step (parts truck that will donate it's bed and possibly frame to the '66)
'06 Grand Prix wife's car (she hardly lets me touch it)
my pics
Old 01-08-2006, 01:08 PM   #33
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Hope you get this resolved in a timley manner.....

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
Old 01-08-2006, 01:10 PM   #34
jsbgump
Gone Fishing

check this out he's bragging about a new job
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=185253
Build Thread

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post3483616
Old 01-08-2006, 03:17 PM   #35
chevytruckfan
Account Suspended

Just now saw this thread when Sassy showed it to me on another thread. Not sure where it was posted. There are always two sides to the story so Mike I did not try to rip you off. I am pretty sure the post office is not going to give me a receipt for something that does not get shipped. I dont know what happend to them and I cant control what happens one the item leaves my possesion. Attached is the copy of the PM Mike sent to me with the payment for the ship to address and instructions, as well as the reciept from the post office at the date and time that I told Mike the item was sent.

Mike I am sorry this happend, but the post office lost your stuff not me.
I went be to the post office here to try and locate it and they told me the best they could do is file a lost mail report.

I dont know what else to tell you. This is the first item I have ever sold online and did not thing to get a tracking # or insurance. If you would have asked I would have gotten it, but nothing I can do about it now.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf USPS Receipt for Springs to 86034.pdf (40.9 KB, 257 views)

Last edited by chevytruckfan; 01-08-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:04 PM   #36
bagged74
its just $$$$$

interesting....
Old 01-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #37
moneyguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevytruckfan
Mike I am sorry this happend, but the post office lost your stuff not me.
I went be to the post office here to try and locate it and they told me the best they could do is file a lost mail report.

I dont know what else to tell you. This is the first item I have ever sold online and did not thing to get a tracking # or insurance. If you would have asked I would have gotten it, but nothing I can do about it now.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for chevytruckfan, but the way the law
and USPS looks at it, if it isn't delivered to the buyer the seller is out.

Time to refund the $100 and file a claim with USPS for your loss.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:12 PM   #38
phantom dually
Project92 SWB stepside

I have sold a few items to members on this board. I always insure everything for my sake and others. I also had a package going to a guy that ws busted open and half the parts where lost. I refunded the guys money and filed a claim and got my $$ back weeks later. It is a bad situation but I think the SELLER should refund the money. Doing the right thing is always best.
92 C1500 stepside 496 Stroker Competiton Engineering Ladder bars/QA1 coilovers. Dana 60 rear with 4.10 gear and posi. Bonspeed Palisade 20x12 in rear w/335/30/20 and 20x8.5 front w/245/40/20. 5/8 drop with Belltech springs/DJM spindles/drop shocks. WWS Progress thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=140448
Old 01-08-2006, 08:29 PM   #39
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyguru

Thanks for the info about this. I'm new to shipping costs and laws. I feel kind of scared that so many people on this web site were so quick to assume the worst of another member, and openly wanted to hang him.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:31 PM   #40
Skruffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyguru

In my opinion, that's crazy. I have complete sympathy with someone who gets screwed, but unless the receipt posted on another thread is fake (and it certainly doesn't look fake) it looks like the items were shipped.

I would have to see documentation about "the law" and the USPS looking at it as the seller being out. I believe most items like this are bought in a way that once it's delivered to a common carrier, the seller is relieved of responsibility.

IMO, the right thing to do is share the costs equally as the loss is not the fault of either party. I think the seller sending the buyer about $40 seems about right.

I doubt there is much chance of recovering from the USPS if it didn't have a tracking number.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:47 PM   #41
krue
Designated A-hole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressbog
Thanks for the info about this. I'm new to shipping costs and laws. I feel kind of scared that so many people on this web site were so quick to assume the worst of another member, and openly wanted to hang him.
I'm sorry, but if you think this thread was a hanging party then obviously you've never seen a hanging party. Maybe you should read the link Shifty posted on Wenzel to see how nasty it can get. From what I understand chevytruckfan didn't want to "work it out" even with Josh trying to resolve the issue. Now that everyone has seen both sides they can make their own judgement on who they want to deal with in the future.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
Old 01-08-2006, 08:50 PM   #42
BigMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressbog
Well, this is what it took for chevytruckfan to cough up a receipt. He did not produce any evidence that it was shipped until recently. If the receipt would have gotten to the 70rs/ss in a timely manner, he probably would not have brought it here for help.

I too agree that sometimes people are too quick to assume the worst, but at the same time both parties need to communicate with one another. When one of the parties invovled does not respond or is being combative, I think that it is human nature to assume the worst, which is what happened here (and could have been avoided)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krue
Now that everyone has seen both sides they can make their own judgement on who they want to deal with in the future.
I HATE people that do not communicate when I am dealing with them. It is like they think they are better than everyone else and don't have time to answer questions/emails/phone messages. If you are in a deal with someone else, have the common courtesy to communicate till the deal is done and both parties are satisfied.

My .02

Mike

Last edited by BigMike; 01-08-2006 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:57 PM   #43
chevytruckfan
Account Suspended

Well now thats settled let me address the communications issue. I tried to give all infomtion that Mike aka 70rs/ss requested until he threatend a law suit. I am ready for a court fight if need be. But when it gets to that point the two sides should have no further contact except by attorney, so I did not answer any further correspondence. I just saved it if I needed it. When Josh PM me I explained my side of the story and that I had a receipt for shipping. I guess everyone chose not to take my word. I have not heard anything since until I found this thread.

I also think this thread is absolutly disgusting. I would never air personal problems with another member in a public forum. Have I been ripped off before? Yes it is a fact of life on the web, but you don't see me complaining about it. I take it as a lesson learned and move on. But thats just my personal opinion. I guess Mike thinks otherwise.

Josh I think it is about time to lock or delete this thread.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:57 PM   #44
67Fleet
Outlandish Trends - FL

OK, for the record, I am not taking sides for either party, but merely adding some pertinent information. I ship items day in and day out via UPS, Fed-Ex, common carrier (LTL truck lines). In ALL instances, when dealing with lost or stolen parcels, it is the shippers responsibility to file the freight claim with the carrier, not the recipient's. The shipper took the liberty to hire the carrier to deliver their goods. I have had packages lost and yes it sucks, but I write the credit to my customer, re-ship the material, and then deal with the B.S. of filing freight claim and waiting forever to receive my money back from the carrier. That's the way it is, that's life, and I deal with it.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:05 PM   #45
Smitty

Sure doesn't sound like the shipper was forthcoming with the receipt until way late!!!!
Old 01-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #46
70c10
67-72 Addict!

I'm not taking sides but it looks to me like chevytruck has valid proof he sent the springs. I never use Parcel Post on anything worth over $20. I would rather use Fedex or UPS and get free $100 insurance and better rates personally. It looks like the post office lost it somehow. I had something get lost once by the post office for 7 weeks. Hope it works out for both!

1970 C/10 Fleetside w/Ghost Flames
Lowered 4.5" front and 4" rear (Raked)
355/350 Turbo w/shift kit
10" Redneck Performance Verter w/2500 stall
Hooker Super Comps part#2808-1
Performer RPM Air-Gap
12 Bolt w/3:73 gears- Eaton Posi
Comp Cams XE262 with 1.6 Crane Energizers, Road Demon 625 and Brodix IK 180 heads
Old 01-09-2006, 12:20 AM   #47
71swb4x4

Quote:
I also think this thread is absolutly disgusting. I would never air personal problems with another member in a public forum.
What do you think Mike should have done? You admit that you quit communicating with him. What would you have done if you sent $100 to someone, didn't get the part, and the other person quit communicating with you?
I absolutely can't believe that you would quit communicating with him when you knew that the receipt would answer the biggest question of all. Wouldn't you rather give him the receipt when he asked for it and try to avoid the lawsuit that you claim you were preparing for?

This statement baffles me, are you admitting that you ripped him off?
Quote:
Have I been ripped off before? Yes it is a fact of life on the web, but you don't see me complaining about it. I take it as a lesson learned and move on. But thats just my personal opinion. I guess Mike thinks otherwise.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:32 AM   #48
MDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4
This statement baffles me, are you admitting that you ripped him off?
If nothing else he is admitting that he knows Mike is getting the short end of the stick.
www.xpressboats.com

Nothing says 'poor craftmanship' like wrinkles in your duct tape
Old 01-09-2006, 01:14 AM   #49
cypress TX 72
Saving one 72 at a time!!

70rs/ss
I have only been a member since September (I think), But I know I have done over 30 transactions- Both ways - and I mean to tell you that I have been one lucky SOB. However, in everyone of these transactions on this board the people on the other end have been STANDUP to say the least. I think for the most part everyone on this site would rather cut their throat...

Now on the same note, I bought a Gauge Cluster for my 72 Chevelle SS on the Chevelle site that's just like this one, the guy wanted $475 shipped. The guy's board name showed that he was a gold member, over 1500 posts - well, you can guess the rest.... Never to hear from him again ----
What I have come to accept is that for every ten deals, one's going to go bad, and the best to hope for is that it is a low dollar deal...

Keep your head up, and know what comes around .....
I just hate to see it happen to one of us.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:48 AM   #50
shifty
Questionable

That looks like a legitimate receipt to me. I don't know what the normal steps are that one would take to handle lost stuff via USPS.

I'd like to remind everyone that it's a really nasty thing to jump to conclusions without having all the evidence. Bad things happen - look at where we are with Iraq right now. That's cool if you think it's appropriate or necessary to come in and voice your 2¢ about who is guilty, who did what and what you think about it, but if you're not helping the situation, you might want to reconsider posting.

It's clear communication is happening again, that was the intent behind this post being made in the first place. I think Mickey has made it quite clear why he was not communicating and his reasons are legitimate. He has shown proof he sent the stuff, so the thread has served its purpose and everyone should probably move on.

Now that both Mike and Mickey have had their business publicly aired out, you can gaurantee that people are going to come out of the woodwork and report to the admins every single transaction anyone has ever had go sour with either of them and this will be helpful in trying to identify if there is a possibility something is fishy, where it started and how it ended.

Just my 2¢ of course...

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Closed Thread