The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-26-2006, 02:22 AM   #1
chevjayfsd
Project 7dos

Re: Unreal !!

I liked it better with the rally wheels on it... Those bling blings just don't look right to me.. other than that I like it.

JMO
Jason
20x8.5/20x10

Ride Low or Die
PSSST - Yes it's bagged.

7dos build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=610290
chevjayfsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:27 AM   #2
JRB

Yahoo!!!!
Jrb
JRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:37 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

I don`t see where anyone has picked this truck apart.A couple individual comments offered by a couple people.Not what we`ve seen before where one after the next pounce on the negatve comment bandwagon feeding frenzy-style.I`ve been the first to comment on this in the past and defend the vehicle.
I was mostly commenting on the Barbie dolls which was the direction this thread started in.I made a comment voicing my opinion about the Cheyenne badge on a`69,"That kills it for me".I guess I should have made ten positive comments to counter it.I`m sure Shawn and Rick are cool guys and they obviously do great work.The girls block the emblem in the one photo shown here.Then I check the link and,WTF.That badge jumped out at me like a sore thumb.I have some pictures of some of my stuff around the sight.Feel free to find them and pick at them if that`s what you need to do.I can take it.
Let`s get back to what we`re here for,havin`fun.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 01:42 PM   #4
70rs/ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K
I don`t see where anyone has picked this truck apart.A couple individual comments offered by a couple people.Not what we`ve seen before where one after the next pounce on the negatve comment bandwagon feeding frenzy-style.I`ve been the first to comment on this in the past and defend the vehicle.
I was mostly commenting on the Barbie dolls which was the direction this thread started in.I made a comment voicing my opinion about the Cheyenne badge on a`69,"That kills it for me".I guess I should have made ten positive comments to counter it.I`m sure Shawn and Rick are cool guys and they obviously do great work.The girls block the emblem in the one photo shown here.Then I check the link and,WTF.That badge jumped out at me like a sore thumb.I have some pictures of some of my stuff around the sight.Feel free to find them and pick at them if that`s what you need to do.I can take it.
Let`s get back to what we`re here for,havin`fun.

Well, I posted my response early in the thread and thought it was headed in the Bashing direction. I may have been quick to pull the trigger, but in the past these have turned ugly. As a matter of fact, someone was nice enough to gut my Suburban that I listed on ebay about a year ago. If this board is to remain a site for resources and help, then lets keep it positive. If we have nothing nice to say then don't type it. If I want opinion on a Burb I am selling on ebay, I'll post a what do you think thread. Otherwise don't post an ebay bash thread. If the emblem ruins a $100k truck for you it says alot about you as a person. Enough said, if I was quick to judge forgive me for using past posts as a basis for my decision. I personally do not think an emblem or the lack of big brake presence does anything to harm the truck, and if you don't like it, voice your opinion by not bidding.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:41 PM   #5
knsmodels
I make Models

Nice truck......No Sale....

1972 LWB K10 350/4 sp
1968 SS Chevelle 396/tremac5spd
knsmodels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:08 AM   #6
Joe67
67 is sold

Beautiful truck!

Clear Heels, her daddy failed

gr8lakes - My ebay auctions

Click here to order forum apparel :: Click here to become a subscribing member

Last edited by Joe67; 01-26-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Joe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:36 AM   #7
1969 C/K CST
A.K.A- Crummy

Alot of time there. I like it. Some may call it a street rod, hence the price. I think the legs are a nice touch.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:01 AM   #8
72 Cheyenne402

What a smokin hot combo!!!!!!!!!!!
72 Cheyenne402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:56 AM   #9
1970 CST Short Wide
Senior Moment

If I only had the bucks WOW Nice Truck
2019 GMC Diesil Dually. Youngest Son
2017 Toyota SUV Daughters car
2018 Traverse , Wife’s Ride
Pittsburg Ca
1970 CST Short Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:17 PM   #10
70GMCer

Damn....The only reason I started this thread, is that I had never seen a truck go for this much money, hence the subject, "Unreal"......... This is a super nice looking truck, and just wanted to pass it on to the board. Didn't want this to turn into a "Bashing" thread....... I won't do that again.......

steve

1965 Mustang

Last edited by 70GMCer; 01-26-2006 at 04:17 PM.
70GMCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:03 PM   #11
krue
Designated A-hole!

I'm gonna have to put my two cents in here....everyone has opinions. They may not match yours. GET OVER IT! Now you need to voice your opinion in a civilized manner, otherwise the thread will get out of hand. If you want a lot of praise, find a group of "YES" men and show it to them, but don't show it to the general population. We've got people here from one end of the spectrum to the other. Guys who like a bone stock truck to guys who don't want a panel not modified in one way or another. You're never gonna get that many people to agree so just take it with a grain of salt and MOVE ON.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:19 PM   #12
724wdcopper
graphic designer

i appologize for my post. i do like the truck. very nicely done. i just wondered about the "pulling the wheel" show trick. no bashing... nice truck!
724wdcopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:16 PM   #13
70rs/ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by krue
I'm gonna have to put my two cents in here....everyone has opinions. They may not match yours. GET OVER IT! Now you need to voice your opinion in a civilized manner, otherwise the thread will get out of hand. If you want a lot of praise, find a group of "YES" men and show it to them, but don't show it to the general population. We've got people here from one end of the spectrum to the other. Guys who like a bone stock truck to guys who don't want a panel not modified in one way or another. You're never gonna get that many people to agree so just take it with a grain of salt and MOVE ON.

Krue,

I am with you to a point, there are a lot of folks on here with different tastes, but do they need to keyhole a truck because it is not the way they like it. Granted this post stayed very civil, but I have seen rampant threads that belittle someones vehicle. If it isn't the way you like it great, but I don't like how it gets out of hand from time to time. I will not ever have an old truck that nice anytime soon, so how can I comment? This is just the way I was brought up, green with envy is no reason to belittle. I own a brand new $40k truck, but my wife and three kids prevent me from investing that kind of cash in my 67 so I can't say well this or that about someone else's ride when mine is no better. Its like smack talking an 06 Z06 Vette while driving a Pinto, you really have no credibility. I know I am going to get flamed but that is my internet opinion. BTW the owner of that really nice truck didn't post here for the boards criticism, another member posted it here (not his fault it got it got nit picked either, he was just pointing out a nice truck). I posted my Burb for sale here about a year ago and no hits so I put it on ebay, and a member here put it up and roasted it cause it was not to his standards and then the hate thread began. As I stated in an earlier post if I or anyone says here is my "blank" tell me what you think, then it is open season to give your opinions (but still be polite and civil), but to post someone else's vehicle for simple the act of ridiculing defeats the purpose of all these members gathering to learn. I just do not like the random posts that are like "wow check out this "Blank" he thinks this is rare three door.....yadda yadda. It is just not very becoming, and usually the "blank" that posted on ebay is also a member, so be civil and do not use the cloak of the internet as an excuse to be rude, hateful, spiteful, etc. I have seen good people leave this site and others like it for this kind of stuff. I know I haven't paid the $25 and I am just a leach member, but I try to contribute and I also try to get along, I just would like people to treat other people with respect, and you can have different opinions and views AND still be respectful. I'll get off my soapbox.

Last edited by 70rs/ss; 01-26-2006 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:32 PM   #14
chevjayfsd
Project 7dos

The only reason "they get out of hand" is people like you griping. Let people post their opinions... We as AMERICANS have the right. Just because someone doesn't like the brakes, or the emblem, is no reason to start a pissing match... Thats the beauty of message boards... I don't think I have seen one post my whole time here, that someone came out and said "i hate your truck/car, it looks ****ty". So why biatch about something this small?

Like Krue said, we are all the same in that we like these old trucks, but each one of us has a different way of doing things... Some like lifted, some like slammed, some like bling,bling, and others don't...

Now lets get back to the thread...

MY .02
Jason
20x8.5/20x10

Ride Low or Die
PSSST - Yes it's bagged.

Last edited by chevjayfsd; 01-26-2006 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:43 PM   #15
70rs/ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevjayfsd
The only reason "they get out of hand" is people like you griping. Let people post their opinions... We as AMERICANS have the right. Just because someone doesn't like the brakes, or the emblem, is no reason to start a pissing match... Thats the beauty of message boards... I don't think I have seen one post my whole time here, that someone came out and said "i hate your truck/car, it looks ****ty". So why biatch about something this small?

Like Krue said, we are all the same in that we like these old trucks, but each one of us has a different way of doing things... Some like lifted, some like slammed, some like bling,bling, and others don't...

Now lets get back to the thread...

MY .02
Jason

I stand corrected..... I guess as Americans we can say what we want without considering anyone else? I must have been raised in another America where respect, kindness, and consideration for others were taught. This is not, was not intended to be a pissing match. If you can bash I can voice my opinions against it, this is after all America......right?
Old 01-26-2006, 06:51 PM   #16
chevjayfsd
Project 7dos

No, you don't understand, you are trying to restrict people's 1st amendment... It's not like anyone is totally bashing his truck, which by the way is a hell of a truck, but different people like different things. If someone asked him why he didn't upgrade the brakes to aftermarket, or why he put that particular badge on it, do you think he would be offended? I don't think so... We aren't that sensitive here.

Moving on..

Now, back to the truck... Does anyone who actually knows him, know if he will be putting it back up? He should give it a try at the BarretJackson Auction!

Jason
20x8.5/20x10

Ride Low or Die
PSSST - Yes it's bagged.

Last edited by chevjayfsd; 01-26-2006 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:59 PM   #17
70rs/ss

Look at my post again, I acknowledged that this thread was tame, but that this trend of bashing is getting out of hand. First amendment had/has nothing to do with this. I'll give you his number and I know him personally. He will get offended and I/you would too if you soaked over $100k into your truck and some nameless guy on the internet says, "thats the wrong emblem and it just totally turns me off." Again, he did not put his truck on this board for our scrutiny, someone else did. I know I am not the board nanny nor do I want to be but being brash and critical seems to happen when we stopped comunicating face to face and became faceless screens.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:22 PM   #18
67Fleet
Outlandish Trends - FL

Nice chicks, but I'll take the truck instead, s-can the honeys (cuz they're obviously the high-maintenance type) and go find some real girl-next-door types for free that won't cost my right AND left testicle. (which my wife keeps locked in a Mason jar in the the fridge anyways).

As for the bickering, since everyone is inserting their 2 cents, I might as well engage......Opinions are like a-holes, everyone's got one. Accept them for what they are, don't take it personally, and give yours back in a kindly matter. I didn't see anything posted originally that should have hurt anyone's feelings. This isn't Romper Room. We're all adults (for the most part) and it's been a long time since I've seen a thread where someone was intentionally bashing someone else in a verbally harmful way.
I've posted pics of my truck and some people have said it would look better with rallys, or they don't like my choice in wheels. That's fine. I'm driving it, and I'm building it the way I want it to look. If ya don't like it, that's your problem not mine. <----Let the record show that I'm not targeting anyone specific with that statement. Heck, all my co-workers add -riguez to my last name and say I drive a lowrider. Maybe so, but I bet I get more looks in my "lowrider" than they do driving their heaps.

Last edited by 67Fleet; 01-26-2006 at 07:25 PM.
67Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:28 PM   #19
BOSS
Just here to help

come on guys.some like it and some wont(i love it),lets get over this or this thread will be closed.

Norwood Survivor
BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:33 PM   #20
70GMCer

"And the band played on"............

1965 Mustang
70GMCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #21
special-K
Special Order

70rs/ss,I believe I commented on the bashing when you had your Suburban listed here and on Ebay and defended it.A white`68 GMC 4wd,wasn`t it?Check my posts,I`m not a basher.I guess it does say something about me to dislike a Cheyenne badge on a $100,000 `69.I wouldn`t do that on a $500 beater.I`d rather have two holes in my fender.To me,that`s like running a 71/72 bumper on a 69/70.It fit`s,but I don`t like it.I wasn`t aware the truck was from Rick`s Pickup Parts.He`s definately a stand up guy.But,what I said here I would say to him in person if I was discussing the truck with him.It doesn`t have to be a Cheyenne to be a nice truck.Even a 71/72.I`m done,thought I was my last two posts.I guess I felt "bashed" a bit here in public,otherwise I would have handled this through private message.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 01-26-2006, 11:39 PM   #22
70rs/ss

Nah, the white one was 6t8's mine was the orangish red 72 that qksilver bought and drug it all the way to NC from AZ. I wasn't trying to bash as that would go against the intent of my post. I have just seen too many in the past and was trying to keep it from happening to a truck I had personally drooled all over and could easily attest to its WOW factor. Anyways I run romper room so welcome to show!
Old 01-27-2006, 12:21 AM   #23
special-K
Special Order

Yeah,now I remember it.It was faded red original paint with a white top.That was when you first started posting.Someone posted about it being on Ebay and the frenzy feeders started in on it.I told them it was a board member`s that had been listed here and defended it.It really bothers me when that happens.I don`t understand it and it`s purely a display of weak character.I hope that`ll never be me.

SOME PEOPLE JUMP ON OTHER BANDWAGONS WHEN THERE`S AN OPERTUNITY TO GET CRAPPY.TO THEM,I HAVE NOTHING TO PROVE.I ONLY HOPE THEY CAN ONE DAY FIND TRUE PEACE AND HAPPINESS WITHIN THEMSELVES.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 01-27-2006 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:45 AM   #24
krue
Designated A-hole!

Enough of the the chit chat, if it ain't about the truck (or the girls) bite your tongue and move on. BTW I love the truck and would also donate body parts to own it (only to sell it to build a house ).

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:31 AM   #25
al's71gmc
4 eyed fever

Nice girls,Beautiful truck. I wish I could afford to dump another $5k into my truck.....
1972 GMC Sierra Grande 1/2 t 4x4-#1 son's truck. Recently completed resto.

4 YO daughter," Daddy, I like your truck better than Mom's." (2000 F350-ranch truck) Smart kid!!
al's71gmc is offline   Reply With Quote