The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2006, 07:16 PM   #26
shifty
Questionable

Re: RANT and a plea to vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPNE
How long did you have these mounts in your possession before you realized you had no directions?
It came from a well known and well respected vendor, so I just assumed what was in the box was correct because the packing list said so. I had no fear that they would stand true if it weren't. I left the items in the box until I had a chance to install them...so, to answer your quesiton, it was about 2 weeks that I had the parts w/o realizing there were no instructions.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 03-30-2006 at 07:18 PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:37 PM   #27
CochinoFilipino

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...spagenameZWDVW

This is money well spent. I got mine for $10 to my door.

If you do a search on ebay you'll see a Chassis Service Manual and a Chassis Overhaul Manual. Not sure what the differences are. Thinking of getting the overhaul one out of curiosity.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:53 PM   #28
zeeklu

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/0031.html Get their free catalog and then order from board vendors. Chris
zeeklu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:19 PM   #29
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Both manuals are worth having although they overlap a lot.Another good resource is the LMC catalog.They have lots of pics and drawings.Haynes and Chiltons also make manuals for these trucks.One of the things I have found is that the vendors on this BB will generally help anyone with assembly problems even if they did not originally sell the parts;go ask the parts boy at the Zone to do that.
That being said,I am a maintainence mechanic and will attest to the fact that manuals are the best source of info for most repair work.The better documentation you have on a project or piece of equipment the better your chances of being able to repair it.Even when dealing with factory tech support you need the "nomenclature"That is what the factory calls the part.If Chevrolet still had tech support for these trucks most of it would come from some fool that could work his way thru a computer program and he would follow a scripted troubleshooting guide,kind of like parts boy down at the Checker/Shucks/Cragen.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:03 AM   #30
CPNE
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty
...while some think otherwise after a recent vendor post, I *do* respect all vendors out there and this is intended to be a positive thread in the hopes of seeing some change, not a chance to tar and feather anyone.
Positive threads do not start with the "angry" smiley, nor do they start with the word RANT (shouted). They also don't use the words "screwed" or "pissed". Lets face it, you got into a situation that most of us have been in and felt the need to ***** and blame, failing to note that you had the parts for several weeks and never opened or inspected the contents. I'm glad you refrained from naming the vendor(s) because of a lack of foresight. Lesson learned, order ahead of time and inspect your parts when they arrive. Then if you don't get a timely response to a problem, feel free to RANT.

As they say "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on their part." Pun intended.

67 Chevy SWB 2WD stepside 350/3 on tree (Pat's)
67 GMC SWB 2WD Fleet 402/auto (Brian's under construction)
67 Chevy 3/4 ton 2WD 402/auto (Business Hauler)
67 Chevy 1 ton dually 2WD 396/4 speed (Former business hauler, Needs TLC)
68 Chevy 1/2 ton Suburban 2WD 250 six/3 on tree (Brian's Needs TLC)
70 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD 350/4 speed (Pat's - Disguised as a 68 GMC)
71 Chevy SWB stepside (Crushed by tree - parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD (Parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD Suburban (Parts Donor)
72 GMC 3/4 ton 4WD 292 six/4 speed (Mine - Disguised as a 67 GMC)
81 GMC 4WD Dually Dump Body 350/4 speed (Business Hauler)
82 Camaro Z/28 355/Super T-10 (Pat's toy)
93 Caprice 9C1 (Brian's Cop Car)
02 Toyota Camry (Reliable but a souless steel and plastic hulk)
2011 2SS RS Camaro M6 Factory Hurst Shifter

Maybe I need to sell some of this crap

Yet another Bozo with a sawz-all
CPNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:11 AM   #31
shifty
Questionable

Ok, CPNE, I'm not going to argue with you. You've got a way of nitpicking things that people say and twisting them into the most negative crap when it's pretty clear there is a lot of positive stuff in this thread and it's raised people's awareness. Can we turn this AWAY from an attack on me and and keep it positive? Even others have had a chance to vent and it's clear that there is a desire for people to include something to explain installation with their part. Why do you feel the need to drag this around the way you are?

Look, I can't be perfect. I can't always open my part the second it comes in. I have a life, I work 60 hours a week and it's not in mechanics. My truck is a hobby and also a getaway. Most of my spare time and money goes towards my truck, so naturally, when I get around to opening that box of parts to install it, I have very limited time and want to make the most of it. I can't do that if I'm hunting all over the internet to find instructions that a vendor should have given to me, IMO.

Yes, I do keep my parts in a box - is that a crime? As long as it stays in the box, I don't lose things and I know I'm not the only one out there that does this.

If you want to attack me and my post some more because I used a "frustrated" smiley (angry, frustrated, whatever) or the words "pissed" or "screwed", why don't you drag it into PM like a civilized guy instead of airing it on the forum? If you have a problem with what I say, I don't need you popping into every thread and posting your 2¢ trying to knock me down and I don't see why you take it upon yourself or feel the need to do it every chance you get.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:41 AM   #32
CPNE
Resident Curmudgeon

Let me make it simple for you:

1. Its not a perfect world
2. Take some responsibility
3. Don't be offended if we all don't see it your way

67 Chevy SWB 2WD stepside 350/3 on tree (Pat's)
67 GMC SWB 2WD Fleet 402/auto (Brian's under construction)
67 Chevy 3/4 ton 2WD 402/auto (Business Hauler)
67 Chevy 1 ton dually 2WD 396/4 speed (Former business hauler, Needs TLC)
68 Chevy 1/2 ton Suburban 2WD 250 six/3 on tree (Brian's Needs TLC)
70 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD 350/4 speed (Pat's - Disguised as a 68 GMC)
71 Chevy SWB stepside (Crushed by tree - parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD (Parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD Suburban (Parts Donor)
72 GMC 3/4 ton 4WD 292 six/4 speed (Mine - Disguised as a 67 GMC)
81 GMC 4WD Dually Dump Body 350/4 speed (Business Hauler)
82 Camaro Z/28 355/Super T-10 (Pat's toy)
93 Caprice 9C1 (Brian's Cop Car)
02 Toyota Camry (Reliable but a souless steel and plastic hulk)
2011 2SS RS Camaro M6 Factory Hurst Shifter

Maybe I need to sell some of this crap

Yet another Bozo with a sawz-all
CPNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:46 AM   #33
shifty
Questionable

How about I just ...

Take this thread for the value it has.
Ignore what you're saying because I don't want to be like you (variety is the spice of life).
Stop responding to your criticism.

Have a nice day.