The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-01-2002, 01:41 AM   #26
O'l Buck
Recovering Truck Driver

man, that sucks.....I'd have been out there with an impact wrench taking all the parts that I had reciepts for the instant she made the descision to take the truck over your happiness.......I wouldn'd key the hell out of the paint job just yet, she might want to sell the truck for cheap, then have a buddy buy it back and make him a few bucks and keep your truck at the same time.

Chad
South Central Nebraska
O'l Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 01:48 AM   #27
PrimeredThunder
Back from the Dead

Hey sorry top hear that, but you made the right choice. Hope you stick around and keep on truckin'!

Kenny

Salem, Oregon
PrimeredThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 02:39 AM   #28
neonlarry

You should be able to find a decent truck for $3200. Mine only cost $2500, and I took it on a 10 hour trip from vacaville to san deigo just a week after I bought it. Of course, I have spent probably another $3000 on it since then, but less than $500 of that was stuff that had to be done to drive it. (new starter, driveshaft carrier bearing, change transmission fluid, etc) In my area, for $3200, you can find trucks that have a new engine and transmission.
If someone is looking for a really cheap truck, there is a ochre 1971 or 72 c/10 lwb near my house that is just sitting in a field with a bunch of other junk. It needs a gril, door and front fender, but other than that it looks pretty good. I have been meaning to stop and ask about it, but I just haven't had the chance. It is near vacaville, ca, and if someone is interested in it I can tell them where it is.
neonlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 03:43 AM   #29
Project1970
14.1 @ 96MPH

68Sub and devinfife...ayup, I am Mormon. I thought I mentioned it in a previous post, not sure...

Ya guys know what she's doing now? She went to Coolidge (consider that your warning, Desert Rat...be on the lookout for a red '97 Suburban driving way too fast, it's the only speed she knows), because apparently not only does deciding her son vs her truck require discussion, it requires more than a phone can provide... Knowing my luck, she'll take her sweet time and probably decide to give me the truck - after I've already bought a '92 Camaro or something - or keep it when I've got to move to UA the next day.

Though this goes way beyond the truck, really...she needs help and she needs it bad. The truck just happens to be the pawn.

Thanks for the support, guys...but don't worry, I've got a ride (okay, it's a Corsica, so help me god!!!!) and even if I don't get this truck back now, I'll get it back eventually...and even if not that, I'll build another one...

I just hope she doesn't sell it. If she does, I'll let everyone here know because a truck in such solid shape as that deserves a really, really good home. It's not perfect by a long shot (engine is weak, bed floor looks like hell, the paint is pretty crappy for a 1.5 year old job), but it's still one of the cleanest '67-'72s I've ever seen...I lucked out with its history, nobody has ever done any sort of hackjob on it, it's all either factory or beyond factory quality.
Old 08-01-2002, 03:56 AM   #30
68 Suburban

Project1970

There is actually nothing you can do in this situation, except be true to yourself and your beliefs. If you back down on this one thing, there will always be another reason. I was a product of a controlling mother, but I always bucked the system. Don't get me wrong, my mother was a great mother, she just had that control issue. it took a while, but she finally calmed down and realized I didn't turn out that bad with out her controling ways. We get along fine now. It is going to be hard, but just be true to yourself.

Last edited by 68 Suburban; 08-01-2002 at 03:59 AM.
68 Suburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 09:48 AM   #31
ckhd

Project1970, I'll still help you get it back if she puts it up for sale. I won't even require a 'cut'. If it's not running, she couldn't expect much for it...

1968 K20 fleet
1969 K10 swb fleet
1972 K10 Suburban
1972 C10 lwb step
1992 K1500 'burb
1995 K2500 'burb
1997 C1500 'burb
1999 K1500
2000 K1500 'burb

Why do I own so many Suburbans?
ckhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 10:44 AM   #32
mikej71
Unregistered User

I'm really sorry you're going through this. The truck is a bad deal, but the poor relationship with your mother is far worse. Our mothers are who we're supposed to have by our sides, no matter what. I hope you two can work it out.
Old 08-01-2002, 03:07 PM   #33
Project1970
14.1 @ 96MPH

I doubt she'll be putting it up for sale...I think she might just have me return it to closer-to-stock and my sister will drive it... (who she has completely brainwashed, by the way...the second she found out I think she had a coronary...)
Old 08-04-2002, 12:28 PM   #34
>X<
registered IWATA user

project 1970,

that sucks man, hope you get you truck back, when you said corsica i ahd to tell yo uaout my best friends ride, he hs a 51 chevy pickup mint conditio that has needed brakes for a year so is up pon blocks, his daily driver i a corsica, he hit the back of a duelle, got hit by a ranger, ran up on a wire that holds up a telephone pole at 50, rarely canges teh oil, does donuts every chance he gets, revs it up where it sounds like its gonna explode every day, and it still purrs like a cat, well maybe an old cat, bt it gets him eerywhere he wants to go, except sometimes the hood tie wraps come undone nd the hood pops up, but its a helluva reliable vehicle, we painted a keg co2 bottle blue an put some NOS stickers on it and mounted it on teh back seat, weran a chrom tube under the seat, you woldnt believe how many people with camaroes and mustangs that they say run 12's will back down when they see that bottle, he has a loose pipe so when he revvs up it sounds like a rice rocket pipe, just thoght i'de cheer you up bout drivin a corsica, oh yea, we also put some vette emblems on it

Take off that Von Dutch hat before i stab you with a 000 Mack.
>X< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 03:20 PM   #35
67Fleetsidedream
Wiseass secured himself a BAN

That really does suck man..........
If I was in your shoes, I would declare war and find a thousand ways to make her life a living hell. Call a lawyer and get every angle I could get on the situation. My mom would want to give my truck back. Play her game and get the title back. Then change it over to your name. You can get your truck back, you just have to play the system.

If it was mine I WOULD get it back.
Ben
67Fleetsidedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 08:57 PM   #36
67 SS

Do you need a VIN plate and title? She must not Know that the harder you push someone to do something the harder they will resist.Hang in there.
67 SS is offline   Reply With Quote