The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #26
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Re: Any specific experience or problems with the new after market fenders???

mbgmike: That is good. Maybe about a month before your next convention you might want to run your own thread looking for fit problems/information. Remember, your remarks will be as good as the paper they're written on. You can tell those guys in the booths all day long, but it is hard to get them to do anything with it. I have been trying to get Energy Suspension to make poly BB MM 67-71 for years.

socal71...we get it. you don't like import stuff. we got it the first time, but do you have any specific experiences that we can use?

I am looking for good useable information like that from 67chevyredneck and GMC Paul.
PICKMUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:20 AM   #27
GMCPaul

""" PICKMUP Is Dynacorn really a different manufacturer??? or are they just a different repackager??? of the same parts (like GoodMark, Counterpart, Key, etc---all selling the same triplus stuff).
I can't believe they can afford to "retool & develop" more new molds of the same parts already being made. The market is too small and the price is too high.
Anyone know the truth? Not just "I thinks" and " I heard".
...and thanks to all for the good replies and pictures. """"

Pickmup dynacorn is a wholesaler similar to Key Parts, Goodmark, Reflexxion, ABP, etc..., they do however use different manufacturers overseas other than Tri-Plus for the majority of their parts andd their tooling is not the same, only a very few pieces actually come from Tri-Plus that are reboxed by dynacorn.

mbgmike Edward listens well, and has worked with us alot on new products, but getting him to make changes after tooling is completed is a real bear with him. Just look at Blazer door top pillar post ends as a example, we supplied the samples for reproductions, a assembly manual showing the proper cuts, we test fitted doors 3 times letting them know of corrections needed, every time we checked door fit we informed them that the bar was cut incorrectly and needed trimming to be correct and that brace inside door at latch is missing, 3 years later we still have them same doors arriving from them with the bars still needing to be trimmed and no brace, these are things that can be taken care of by the purchaser but are problems that should have been fixed long ago. 2nd example of a easy fix he still has not done is 68-70 GMC grille shells coming with Black paint on them like the 71-72 style GMC painted details, only problem is the 68-70 GMC grille is not painted like a 71-72 GMC grille shell as 68-70 only had a c shape section around each headlight bezel painted, nothing else, but for years now we must use acetone to remove the 71-72 black painted pattern from the 68-70 grille shells. Its a simple matter but still not corrected.
You can be sure everytime I email, phone or speak with him he hears these same complaints and others. He does alot of good parts and works with us better than alot but its still a very imperfect world.
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:27 AM   #28
mbgmike

[QUOTE=GMCPaul]""" PICKMUP Is Dynacorn really a different manufacturer??? or are they just a different repackager??? of the same parts (like GoodMark, Counterpart, Key, etc---all selling the same triplus stuff).
I can't believe they can afford to "retool & develop" more new molds of the same parts already being made. The market is too small and the price is too high.
Anyone know the truth? Not just "I thinks" and " I heard".
...and thanks to all for the good replies and pictures. """"

Pickmup dynacorn is a wholesaler similar to Key Parts, Goodmark, Reflexxion, ABP, etc..., they do however use different manufacturers overseas other than Tri-Plus for the majority of their parts andd their tooling is not the same, only a very few pieces actually come from Tri-Plus that are reboxed by dynacorn.

mbgmike Edward listens well, and has worked with us alot on new products, but getting him to make changes after tooling is completed is a real bear with him. Just look at Blazer door top pillar post ends as a example, we supplied the samples for reproductions, a assembly manual showing the proper cuts, we test fitted doors 3 times letting them know of corrections needed, every time we checked door fit we informed them that the bar was cut incorrectly and needed trimming to be correct and that brace inside door at latch is missing, 3 years later we still have them same doors arriving from them with the bars still needing to be trimmed and no brace, these are things that can be taken care of by the purchaser but are problems that should have been fixed long ago. 2nd example of a easy fix he still has not done is 68-70 GMC grille shells coming with Black paint on them like the 71-72 style GMC painted details, only problem is the 68-70 GMC grille is not painted like a 71-72 GMC grille shell as 68-70 only had a c shape section around each headlight bezel painted, nothing else, but for years now we must use acetone to remove the 71-72 black painted pattern from the 68-70 grille shells. Its a simple matter but still not corrected.
You can be sure everytime I email, phone or speak with him he hears these same complaints and others. He does alot of good parts and works with us better than alot but its still a very imperfect world.
GMCPaul[/QUO

I can go to TW and talk to him in person. Maybe that will help us
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:53 AM   #29
GMCPaul

Done that route already Mike.
Now to help pickmup out since this thread seems to be getting off the subject of the original post, so folks how about a few more responses on fitment issues with New fenders & New grills.
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote