The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-22-2006, 05:18 PM   #26
BigMike

Re: spray or not to spray Short Weel Base

Quote:
I find it interesting that many people who think that it devalues the vehicle are the same people who lower their 2wds and jack up their 4x4's.
The HUGE difference is that I can easily put my truck back to stock height, spray in bedliners are more permanent, chemical dipping is the only way (I've been told) to remove it. No matter though, it is all personal preference and what each of us feels is the best look for our trucks. This is what makes this such an awesome site, new ideas to either use or share with others

Quote:
I will personally NEVER EVER EVER buy a vehicle that has any modification that wasn't made by me. I just don't trust ANYONE else's jerry-rigging.
I think by NEVER EVER EVER buying a truck that has been modified would surely limit your abilty in finding a truck . I'd say that more than half the people on this site have been doing "mods" to they're truck for years, myself included. The word Jerry-Rigging is not a word we use or a practice that we do. Either do it right or not at all.

EDIT: - hugger69SWBCST, I apologize for my comment about the devalue of the truck to have a spray in bedliner, I just personally do not want one in my truck and I got a bit off topic. The whole reason I am going to a wood bed on mine is because my bed floor is pretty banged up (I actually considered a body color liner when I first brought her home). I will not be using my truck to haul engines, dirt or lumber, it will be a daily driver (hopefully a very nice one) that gets peoples attention.

I think it would have more personality if you got it body color though because your rarely see them done that way (again...MY own opinion )

Peace,

Mike

Last edited by BigMike; 06-22-2006 at 06:32 PM.
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:23 PM   #27
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

If the spray in liner was done well, I would personally rather buy a nice truck that had one in it. I was disappointed that my Z71 only had a drop in bedliner in it, I'll have it done someday if I can come up with the $$$ for it. I'm going to do a "home job" one on my 67. If you had a 100% original show truck, it might not be a good idea to do it, but if its just a driver/cruiser/nice show truck, why not?

I have a couple of friends with complaints of chipping/fading on their rhino-liners but the guy I know with the Line-X still looks like new and it's mildy abused.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:28 PM   #28
penguinwise

I had a Rhino liners in an s10 4x4. I literally beat the crap out of it and it still looked great. After about 4 years it started to look faded so I pressure washed it and it looked fine again. I know the rhino liner dealerships also sell something that cleans them up too.
penguinwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:36 PM   #29
BigMike

Just call as many people you can if you really would prefer the bedliner to match the color of the truck. It may be harder to find a place that does colored liners out where you are, everyone and their mother is doing out my way.

Mike
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:54 PM   #30
SactoJim

Here's my take....
If your gonna put big stuff in it, that is stuff that will sit above the bed rails, I would LineX (or whatever) like SeeTen.

If not and your gonna do some light hauling, do it to under the bed rails. I think it looks a little cleaner and that stuff is really thick and leaves a pretty obvious line from where it's taped off.

Maybe just do the bottom of the bed.

I have yet to see a good coating that doesn't chalk (dull) down the road and start looking a little crappy. I know they have dressings for that.....so much for spray it in and leave it alone.

My bed is in pretty good shape, so I'm making as nice as the rest of the truck and if I never need to put something in it, I will just put some carpet down and be REAL carefull......fortunately I have another truck as my driver.
SactoJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:51 PM   #31
hugger69SWBCST

Yes The Guy In Line-x Told Me They Dont Do Color Matching Anymore Only Black. I Think My Truck Would Still Look Sharp In Black Since I Got Some Black Interior On It.carpet,dash Pad, Seat,doors Panels,etc
hugger69SWBCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:09 PM   #32
clay68c10

My line-x is at least 3 years old and all it takes to clean it up is the hose. If I really get it nasty, a quick scrub with the garage push broom takes care of it.
05 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. 3” lift & 6-speed
02 E320 the insurance total “free car”
13 Tahoe LTZ
clay68c10 is offline   Reply With Quote