The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-30-2006, 10:22 PM   #26
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: I want your opinions

Yes... I was kidding.
I would get rid of those wheels with the quickness, a good wax job and seat and floor repair/cover as stated before... but, personally, there is one thing that bugs the crap outa me...
You're missing a clearance light. They aren't stock, this is obviouse, but there's supposed to be 5, and yours just grabs my eye big time.

Drive it for the next month, and make a list of what bugs you the most. Look at your list;
anything that is safety related gets a #1, say, split rims or belts floppin out of the tires.
anything dependability related, #2 like the points BS in your dist cap, or parishable parts that are ready to parish.
Anything comfort, #3 like the seat and floor repair/cover
Anything to preserve the truck's condition, #4 like the windshield or seam sealer on the roof that leaks water
(note... #3 and #4 can be swapped around)
Finally, anything that is simply astetic.... just form, stiff with little or NO function.... #5 Like painting the bumpers.

That list will be the best way to figure where to throw your money.
Labor... like wash and wax, can be done when there is no money to throw at it. Spray bomb detailing can be thrown into the broke weekend repairs too since you can do it so cheap, and you probably already have the stuff on hen. And for the record, IMO on the grill/bumper/wheel... white can not be beat on these things. Try it, and check it out... if I'm wrong, you're out 15 bucks and a day huffin fumes. White gives an old truck vibe, a classy vibe, and a stock vibe.

Last edited by Longhorn Man; 06-30-2006 at 10:27 PM.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:48 AM   #27
barepaint

I agree I didn't think it through at first...it bugs me also get the clearance lites five man...
barepaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:46 PM   #28
JAKES 68GMC
Aluminum slot wheels rule...

Actually I thought 4 cab lights looked better than 5. White does match with a lot of colors, but I really don't like the color. Black is much more aggressive and better looking IMO. I'm going to paint the whole undercarriage sometime, maybe make it look a little better. I guess I'm gonna have to start working to get all this stuff!
JAKES 68GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:35 PM   #29
barepaint

Please Jake don't go black and white is not a color everyone goes black...go green or dark green your truck rocks...u need that extra cab lite seriously...I guess it is your truck though opinion are like a##holes...u got to many lol...I like the truck I'm sure it will come out great...I'm gone
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2006, 10:49 PM   #30
TP from Cntl PA

barepaint, love the truck!!!!!! Glad to see someone else keeping the west coast junior mirrors! They look awesome on that truck!

Inlines Rule! 6 soldiers standing is better than 8 laying down!!!!!!!!
TP from Cntl PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:42 PM   #31
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

barepaint...we were talking about bumper and grill colores... not the whole truck.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:28 AM   #32
wibilly

i think the west coast jr mirrors in white would be a nice addition to your truck as well. iwas wondering what to use on my 3/4 4wd shortie i'm building and thats what i decided on mine will be green and white two tone with stock height white wheel and stainless dog dish caps 33x 12.50 /16.5 tires and no white letters for me
Old 07-03-2006, 05:57 AM   #33
barepaint

Thanks wibilly...I love the west coast jr...longhorn sorry I didn't read close enough...My bad...I just love jakes truck...a little jealous of it...its going to look great...sorry didn't mean to jack your thread jake...
Old 07-03-2006, 07:59 AM   #34
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

I think the best thing for that truck would for it to be in my driveway. But since that isn't going to happen, then like the others said, Just clean it up and drive it. Keep here reliable for a while. Greasemonkey speaks great words of wisdom from a young'n. He didn't really tear into his until after he graduated, but he had a ball driving it around several years in HS and college. Hey you'll never loose it in the mall parking lot, for sure

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:13 AM   #35
JAKES 68GMC
Aluminum slot wheels rule...

One thing I'd really love to do is take the engine out, clean it and paint it up, and paint the engine bay. But I doubt I'll ever do that, unless the V6 blows. Then it will be the prettiest engine bay you've ever seen. The truck used to have west coast mirror on it, back in the day, you can see the bolt holes. I am going to put on a Dixie horn, that will make her more fun. Hopefully I'll have fun with this thing in high school. The only bad part is, she isn't going to spin worth a damn in the tar, but I bet it will go anywhere off-road. Thanks all for your thoughts.
JAKES 68GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:13 PM   #36
barepaint

Jake My first car was a truck...a 1965 chevy fore gear 292 six 4 speed...field truck...learn how to drive in it...never left the field...stalled it melted the tires...but learned a standard...it was what brought Me back to these trucks...do yourself a favor...I wish I had that truck again...Take your truck...pull the engine paint the engine compartment...if u need help I am sure we will give u some support...u will love the experience and will love what u done no matter where u go with it...old sentimental ridge runner