The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-12-2006, 10:03 PM   #26
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: photos of your shop...?

I have learned to make the best use of the available space I have. But I keep buying tools & equipment and I've almost got my wife convinced it's time for an expansion. After having a garage, then moving to a place without one, I'm thankful every day I'm wrenching for what I have.

HG
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:40 AM   #27
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

SactoJim...I would never go home from work...LOL!
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:38 AM   #28
jpkerley

i'm also building a shop any tips would be great, looks like i'm stuck with 32 x30 hope that will be big enough.
jpkerley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:14 AM   #29
76liftedshortie

For ideas/tips go to http://www.garagejournal.com/
76liftedshortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:22 PM   #30
dalbers

Here is the back of my building. A couple of guys and myself bought it a couple years ago. We rent office space and run a dvd rental store out of the front part and there is an apartment above it that two of us live in. The garage is 2000 square feet I think.
Attached Images

dalbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:34 PM   #31
JAKES 68GMC
Aluminum slot wheels rule...

Man Glock, I've never seen a shop so clean or neat before. We have 28x48 with 14 foot walls and there's junk crammed everywhere. (it's mostly the old man's stuff, I can't even put my truck in there. He "doesn't want the mess scattered everywhere." )
JAKES 68GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:21 PM   #32
pritch

I don't have but a couple of my shop. I guess I should take a few. This is about the only one of the inside, and it don't show much.

This is taken while I was building a trailer for a couple jet ski's I bought. My shop is 32' x 32'. The front has 16' ceiling and slops to the back where the ceiling is 7'. I put impact-resistant sheetrock (the stuff they put in high schools-you can't kick a hole in it) up the 1st 4 foot of wall and then did the rest with that pre-finished white peg board. I decided to this after I had already done the back wall with un-finished peg board. Maybe I'll change that out someday. I am finishing the inside as I can afford it. Just this week end I did a little bit more insulating and stuff. I have most of the parts for a heater system, but I won't run it 'till all the insulation is up. I have one of those propane space heaters for a temporary heat-up if I need it. I put in plenty of power for what I ever anticipate needing, and while I was at it I ran seperate condiuts for speakers from my home stereo and voice/data and a couple spares. I have 15 4' by 4 tube lites and 5 4' by 2 tube lites (these are at the lowest end-over my work bench) I have my old broken down boat taking up half of it, but it's gonna go outside pretty soon to make room for the frame-off on my Panel that is coming up real soon. It has 2 10' by 10' doors and a 3' man door.
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:30 PM   #33
72gord
Never enough time!!

Here are a couple of mine which is currently under construction
Attached Images

72gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:02 PM   #34
Jim_PA

I think my setup is pretty good. I built mine 40X40 with 12' ceilings, and it's attached to my house. Fortunately, the grade of my land doesnt' make the garage look much taller than the house, although the whole thing starts to make the house look pretty long... oh well...

I like it because I can put 3 or 4 cars up front for regular driving, and one project long ways in the back, and still have lots of room to work all around it. I used 2 16' X 10' doors to give the wife less chance of running into things

Jim_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:09 PM   #35
hchad18

My dad had this one built and then added on to. So I have plenty of hot rod carma flowing through it. Its 24 X 40 with a 10' tool room on the side. Ive got a 80 firebird in the front, my 65 wagon, 2003 suzuki volusia, and my 71 in the garage. Two 18 ft trailers and a baja in the back.
Attached Images

hchad18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:12 PM   #36
Jim_PA

Hey... Rolling Rock all the way to AZ!
Jim_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:46 PM   #37
hchad18

Thats my wifes, I'm the Miller guy.
hchad18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:53 AM   #38
dalbers

Here's what my dad just built. Just realized I don't have any of it done.
Attached Images

dalbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:36 PM   #39
RSRXION

OK Fred, quit trying to make me look bad ! I thought surely someone would have more clutter than I do but NOOOOOOOOOOO ! Every darned one of you are neater than I am. I built my shop to match the home so the exterior was a little flashier than I wanted. A metal building would have suited me fine but the building codes and covenants in my neighborhood required that it " match the existing structure " .

I echo the statements about build it as big as possible and it still won't be big enough. Mine is a 24 X 36 with 9 foot sidewalls set on stemwalls of concrete block. I wanted the stem wall so I could wash the floor and not get any structural timber wet in the process. I also agree that it should have been taller to allow the use of a lift. I'd love to be able to store my wifes' supercharged Thunderbird under my Mach 1 Mustang.

24 X 36 and as you can see it still isn't near big enough. I've got this 455, 4 speed Trans Am in the driveway with my F-150 Indy truck. Then around back I've got my 72 hauler project and the parts car for the T/A. My wifes Tahoe and my Interceptor Crown Vic live in the garage with the lawn mower etc...

Build it big, wide and tall and then send us a picture of it full of junk so I'll feel better. Anybody need a Trans Am , or an Indy F-150 , or a T-bird , or ..........

I think I'll go sit in the floor of my shop and sort some of this junk , or maybe just drink a cold beverage and think about it.

Nice shops guys, Dean
Attached Images