The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-17-2006, 01:16 PM   #26
71Rat
ran out of money

Re: wanted pictures of lifted k-5s and off-roading pics..

awsome pictures everyone thank you! now i need money to build one! well finish a project or 2 i already start and some how sneek in a first gen k5
Old 11-25-2006, 02:03 PM   #27
billyjo

Here is a couple of me off the road in the snow yesterday

1972 K/5 4x4, Radixed LS1 6.0, 428HP/445TQ, Lingenfelter GT2-3 cam, WCCH 90mm J-Tube, LS2 90mm TB, Stainless Works Headers, NV4500, 4.56 gears, Detroit Lockers, 14 bolt FF, Dana 60, 4 wheel disk Hydro Brakes, dual electric fans, Autometer guages, 4" lift, Zero Rates, Weld Evo Velocity XT8 wheels, 35x12.5x17 Super Swamper SSR's.....
http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...tos/?start=all
billyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 08:25 PM   #28
johnnywagon
Sofa King. We, Todd, Ed.

Billy Jo, where are you at in those pix? Sounds like your rig is pretty serious, very cool. I bet you were wishing for a winch! Ironically, I havent had you use mine yet this year
~John

71 Blazer One Ton
65 Chevelle Station Wagon x2
59 Belair 2 Door
71 Chevy Open Road Van RV

www.myspace.com/johnnywagon
johnnywagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 09:02 PM   #29
onetonk5
Cereal Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjo View Post
Here is a couple of me off the road in the snow yesterday

were you treading lightly .......or were you digging yourself out??your rig stats are pretty impressive.
onetonk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:56 PM   #30
billyjo

John,

I just passed through Spokane on my way back from MT on Wednesday, I saw there was a little snow there when I went through. I was up above Carson WA. it's in the Columbia River gorge kind've across from Hood River OR. I don't think that you can tell from the pics but I was right on the edge of the asphalt hump and I couldn't get back on the asphalt. Luckily for me I had tire chains with me. I've never had to use them before and it wasn't easy getting them on I ended up jacking up the back end with my floor jack to install them. Once I got them on the rear it was trouble free driving the rest of the day.

One Ton

I was trying to dig myself out so I wouldn't have to put my chains on. Where I'm at is a turnout in the road so that people can pass the slow movers on their way up the hill.

Thanks for the compliments on my mods but as much as I hate to admit it a guy in a stock Toyota Forerunner got stuck behind me but got out under his own power without having to chain up. He let the air out of his tires then motored on up the hill. I'd never thought about doing that in the snow only the sand but it worked for him.

Bill

1972 K/5 4x4, Radixed LS1 6.0, 428HP/445TQ, Lingenfelter GT2-3 cam, WCCH 90mm J-Tube, LS2 90mm TB, Stainless Works Headers, NV4500, 4.56 gears, Detroit Lockers, 14 bolt FF, Dana 60, 4 wheel disk Hydro Brakes, dual electric fans, Autometer guages, 4" lift, Zero Rates, Weld Evo Velocity XT8 wheels, 35x12.5x17 Super Swamper SSR's.....
http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...tos/?start=all
billyjo is offline   Reply With Quote