The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-29-2006, 08:36 PM   #26
Stroker

Re: Lock your trucks in Seattle!

I remember watching a TV program about a guy that owned a small stereo shop that had a severe theft problem. So bad he could he was about to go bankrupt and could no longer get insurance for his business. He came up with a really neat system that worked. His shop already had an alarm system that alerted police but the responce time was like 6 minutes and they would be in and out before the police showed. He built a smoke generating system that didn't leave any residue and packaged it inside of a speaker. It was set up with a one minute delay and would smoke to the point there was no visibiliy in a about 15 seconds. Crooks broke in smoke went off and they could not find their way out. Police arrived and off to jail. I bet if someone was sitting in your truck and it instantly filled with smoke they wouldn't be there long. I always thought it would make a cool defense system for an auto. I'll have to see what it would take to build something like this. I know they make smoke generators that can fill the main deck of a 747 in a matter of seconds. I wonder if smaller units are available that would work in a vehical.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:55 PM   #27
Stroker

I see someone already make a system.
http://www.smokemachines.net/buy-car...y-system.shtml
Old 12-29-2006, 09:13 PM   #28
Luis_gz06

F%$6ing Dirty RATS!!!!!!!!!
Luis_gz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:10 PM   #29
CG
BlahBlahBlah

FAQ on the smoke site..

Q: Can you supply aerosols that kill the thiefs by gassing them?

lol, now damn wouldnt that be cool? Of course they said no.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:41 AM   #30
JRB

Hey they just hung Sadam why dont we hang these bast___s too.

JRB
JRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:20 PM   #31
boatpuller

nothing happen's to them in our state if they do get caught,thats why they keep doing it,plus theyv'e all been awake for 6 or 7 days and don't care what there doing anyway.a few of them need to get blasted to get the word out that honest people are gonna start running things.
boatpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:14 AM   #32
grebus1

I just heard the tail end of a TV news report last night that this truck was recovered. Better yet, it was recovered by detectives from the very police department I work for! I haven't gotten the whole lowdown yet, but it sounds like the WW2 veteran is very pleased to have his truck home.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:49 AM   #33
cstm68

what is this hammer giveaway poeple are talking about ???
cstm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:18 AM   #34
texanidiot25
Eat My Rust

We found out my truck has a fuel pump switch, ran jumper cables to the battery leads. Just a toggle on the bottom of the dash, the fuel pump click on an off with that switch. Need to move that around someplace.

If you have 4x4, just engauge 4wd, and lock the park brake. That sould lock the front tires up too, right? Cant tow it then. Thats like parking a Fwd car, and pulling the park brake, you gotta be a dertermined fool to tow it, tires screetching out.

Im suprised no one has mentioned a wheel club. Good for when they try to steal it, and beating them when you catch them in the act
texanidiot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:16 AM   #35
jacobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanidiot25 View Post
We found out my truck has a fuel pump switch, ran jumper cables to the battery leads. Just a toggle on the bottom of the dash, the fuel pump click on an off with that switch. Need to move that around someplace.

If you have 4x4, just engauge 4wd, and lock the park brake. That sould lock the front tires up too, right? Cant tow it then. Thats like parking a Fwd car, and pulling the park brake, you gotta be a dertermined fool to tow it, tires screetching out.

Im suprised no one has mentioned a wheel club. Good for when they try to steal it, and beating them when you catch them in the act
Someone will probably say “they can cut the brake cables” and that’s true.

Unfortunately you can’t stop all thieves but if you install enough deterrents, you will most likely encourage them to go elsewhere where the pickings are easier.

I can see it now.....You go out to start your pickup and there’s 50 different switches hidden in various places controlling different functions and there you sit scratching your head trying to remember all the locations and switch positions and which ones you have activated or deactivated.

Last edited by jacobs; 01-14-2007 at 08:20 AM.
jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote