The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-18-2007, 10:17 AM   #26
bcanini
"Taste It"

Re: What do you think of my Buddy Buckets

Those have to be the best looking buddy buckets I've seen. Makes me want to redo my redos. hmmmm I wonder if a guy could make a set of those out of my new ones in all black???? I really like the look of those.

Is the center seat w/the storage all black?? or some houndstooth??

B

2007 Silverado Crew with the MAX Pack and loaded
2007 CX-9
"Hopefully when I die.. my wife wont sell my stuff for what I said I paid for it"

It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to ask permission.
bcanini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:13 AM   #27
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcanini View Post
Those have to be the best looking buddy buckets I've seen. Makes me want to redo my redos. hmmmm I wonder if a guy could make a set of those out of my new ones in all black???? I really like the look of those.

Is the center seat w/the storage all black?? or some houndstooth??

B
There are some pretty amazing upholstery folks out there, I'm sure you can find one to do what you want. We haven't done the console yet, but it will probably be all black.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #28
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

I like em and the wife just happened to be around and she loves em..

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #29
classicchev

nice stuff, definetly going to keep my set, and the heated seats too, love it!
Old 03-21-2007, 08:35 PM   #30
Hart_Rod

Got my center console today from BIGJAKE97. It looks almost good enough to use as is. If I hadn't planned on putting cupholders in the armrest, I probably would. Thanks again JAKE. I do have a question though. On my seat bracket the bars have a dip in the center on the front and rear. Most of the seat brackets I have seen only have the dip in the front bar. Is my seat bracket Suburban specific????
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2007, 11:23 PM   #31
SCOTI

Where did you get the seat foam? I tried googling 'American Cushion Industries' but it just led to a few different search engines.

I know the board vendors sell them but only in sets (top/bottom). For about the same cost as the 'set' ($229 1-seat set) I can get a whole 20" bucket seat w/new tracks, frame, & locking tilt-back so it's kind of hard to justify.

My drivers side seat is falling to pieces on the bottom cushion & that's what I would like to find.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:29 PM   #32
hevy_chevy67

Those look dam fine. I hope I can get mine done soon, just gotta paint the frame yet.
1969 GMC Suburban - 5.3 LS, 4L60e
hevy_chevy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:41 AM   #33
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

SWEEEEEEET!!!!! I love the black and herringbone! But how does that new foam feel? I am considering it for my buddy buckets but want to make sure it is really worth the additional expense. I was thinking I would just shape some new high density to go over the old foam but if it is worth the cost I will spring for the new high density molded foam.
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:11 AM   #34
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Where did you get the seat foam? I tried googling 'American Cushion Industries' but it just led to a few different search engines.

I know the board vendors sell them but only in sets (top/bottom). For about the same cost as the 'set' ($229 1-seat set) I can get a whole 20" bucket seat w/new tracks, frame, & locking tilt-back so it's kind of hard to justify.

My drivers side seat is falling to pieces on the bottom cushion & that's what I would like to find.
I got them from PICKMUP, $200/seat. Talk to him, maybe he can sell them separately. What did you ever decide about modifying your center seat box? Are you interested in the one I have that's been chopped on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stllookn View Post
SWEEEEEEET!!!!! I love the black and herringbone! But how does that new foam feel? I am considering it for my buddy buckets but want to make sure it is really worth the additional expense. I was thinking I would just shape some new high density to go over the old foam but if it is worth the cost I will spring for the new high density molded foam.
If your foams are decent I would just shape some foam and add to them. Mine were pretty destroyed so the only reasonable option was to buy new ones. From what I can tell, they are pretty high quality and sit well.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #35
Frizzle Fry

Those are out-f'n-standing! Wonder if you'll be able to access the back seat from the drivers side now...?
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:57 PM   #36
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
.... What did you ever decide about modifying your center seat box? Are you interested in the one I have that's been chopped on?
It ultimately depends on what I wind up doing w/the rest of the 'system'. If I use the aftermarket seats, Ill prob use my current frame as a template (jig) & build a custom frame + center box to go along w/the aftermarket seats & sell the original buddy buckets to someone wanting to keep them factory original.

No sense hacking up something that's worth more in original shape. I've also been playing around w/an overhead console idea that houses just the air psi gauges so I can keep the bucket 'system' un-butchered.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:39 PM   #37
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
It ultimately depends on what I wind up doing w/the rest of the 'system'. If I use the aftermarket seats, Ill prob use my current frame as a template (jig) & build a custom frame + center box to go along w/the aftermarket seats & sell the original buddy buckets to someone wanting to keep them factory original.

No sense hacking up something that's worth more in original shape. I've also been playing around w/an overhead console idea that houses just the air psi gauges so I can keep the bucket 'system' un-butchered.
I found another seat/center box, so if you are wanting one to hack, mine would probably work so you can keep the other one in tact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
Those are out-f'n-standing! Wonder if you'll be able to access the back seat from the drivers side now...?
Thanks FF. Man I hope so. It was one of the reasons I decided to go this route. I haven't bolted them in yet, but I probably will once I get it in primer.

R
Attached Images

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 03-23-2007 at 04:44 PM.