The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-03-2007, 08:47 AM   #26
0ptikal

Re: Dually Wrecker problems...

I looked on ebay found a ton of part trucks and scrap trucks but no one wants to sell just the booms and such lol. Go figure. Cant find those parts anywhere.
0ptikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:17 AM   #27
kwmech

Hmm, I missed the single winch part.

Where you located? I have a working 480 I could sell, needs a LITTLE fix up. the 480 pto drive is on the right side. what side is your drive

Last edited by kwmech; 04-03-2007 at 11:19 AM.
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:21 AM   #28
kwmech

I have a bunch of links I can post up later on tonight on tow truck parts.

Have you tired Miller Industries

Last edited by kwmech; 04-03-2007 at 11:21 AM.
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:55 PM   #29
0ptikal

I ahven't tried anyone yet. I am about to order some new rear tires tonight. OTehr then that I've been pretty much sanding and grinding and doing the cab sheetmetal work. I"ve been pretty confused on the bed yet and how to approach that problem yet. I'm not sure what to do w/ the wrecker. the wench works fine in and out but the end pulley on the booms gone and it looks as if they welded an engine hoist boom between the two wrecker booms to make it one piece. The wench is mounted already and to remove it and fix the modifications I'd be starting from scratch. This truck will be for show and such but it will be functional for my cars as well as ocassionally I stumble across deals that I just can't pass for instance found a LT1 firebird that hit a curb during a fishtail and took the rear out and damaged the rear floor pan but the rest was ok. A guy had it and gutted the interior and front panels after the wreck but his landlord gave him a day to move it so the LT1 which still runsin the car beautifully w/30,000 miles said come get it if you want it for agreed price. I went down we had to end up dragging it across two main roads w/no rear to a parking lot where we had room to drag it up on my trailer w/ the duramax holding the trailer and the other duramax pulling the car by chain up onto the trailer. Where as this wrecker would of save me a ton of trouble. So a single boom sounds best for my pupose I wouldn't really be pulling anything in from the side I don't think. When it comes down to it I"m ignorant on sling trucks and just learning. What do you guys recomend doing? and maryland KWmech 21028 zip.
0ptikal is offline   Reply With Quote