The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-10-2002, 09:15 AM   #26
MotownBowtie

GMC Pauls

Answering the phone (or not) is only part of the problem. Timely communication and follow up, and problem resolution are bigger ones.

In my experiences with GMC Pauls, (3) two of the orders had significant problems, and rather than accepting / taking responsibility and seeing that it was corrected; further emails had to be sent, promising specific action and so on. The woman (wife?) who answers the phone, dosen't get much right and apparently has a very poor memory. I suggest ordering from Athey's Classic Truck Parts (http://www.s-c-t-p.com) located in nothern Virginia on the East coast and from ClassicHeartbeat.com on the west coast. NEVER a problem with these companies!

Not out to bash anyone, but there IS more to business than just taking a consumers hard earned cash.

JMHO
MotownBowtie
MotownBowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 11:19 AM   #27
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally posted by 71Chev
I'm in the process of buying a house after moving 2000 miles, and at the same time helping Paul get the phone order program up and running at GMCPauls.
Please be patient, the order line will be up and running in the next few days and I will be answering calls taking orders.
So go easy on me.
It seems to me that Paul is trying to work out all the kinks and provide better service for everyone. I myself have dealt with him this past week. I had an odd request and he took care of it without a problem. I will do buisiness with him again, and appreciate the help they gave me.
If he had an issue with email, and has been trying to get everything worked out, hopefully everyone can be a little understanding.
Just mho.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 01:17 PM   #28
junkyardjohn

Thumbs up

I'M NOT TRYING TO SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT ANY VENDORS ON THIS BOARD (SO DON'T TAKE IT THAT WAY) BUT GIVE THE GUYS AT "TRUCK SHOP" IN ORANGE CA. A CALL & REQUEST ONE OF THEIR CATALOGS 1-800-243-8947 & EMAIL AT WWW.TRUCKANDCARSHOP.COM . I'VE DEALT WITH THESE GUYS AN AWFUL LOT, & HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT GOOD SERVICE, QUALITY PARTS & FANTASTIC PRICES. THEY ARE AT ALL (I THINK) THE SUPER CHEVY SHOWS & OFFER A HEFTY DISCOUNT AT SHOWS. I LIKE TOO SEE ALL THE LITTLE GUYS GET AHEAD, BUT I NEED THE MOST HIGH QUALITY PARTS I CAN GET FOR MY MONEY.
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 01:33 PM   #29
BUXMAN66
go bucks!

and in the words of mel brooks in "blazing saddles"......... "i didn't get a harumpf outta that man"!!!! i believe the point has been made that it's your money,throw it away or search on for other vendors.a message board serves many purposes,thanks josh for providing this forum for all of us to pick and choose who we'll send our money to for parts AND service.
'96 gmc sonoma sle ext-cab. hey it's a 4cyl. 5 spd and good on gas y'know?
BUXMAN66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 04:46 PM   #30
Gene

www.kennystrucks.com have always had good luck with Kenny. Part in stock and always someone there to take my order. He's located in Tulsa Oklahoma. Also theres a guy in Rogers Ark. Super nice guy named Dick (501) 636-7919 or 1-800-825-2777

BOARD MEMBER #5448

BOOMER SOONER!!!!
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 05:31 PM   #31
Shane
Account Suspended

I called GMC Pauls about an hour ago to get a quote on some parts and shipping.

The phone was answered on the 2nd ring...not sure of anyone else's experiences, but Paul was very courteous and very knowledgable with the questions that I asked. Don't know if it was luck, or the time of day, but I had no problems getting through.

I also plan on calling back in a few days and placing my order.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 05:40 PM   #32
Dropt72Shortbed

Quote:
Originally posted by junkyardjohn
I'M NOT TRYING TO SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT ANY VENDORS ON THIS BOARD (SO DON'T TAKE IT THAT WAY) BUT GIVE THE GUYS AT "TRUCK SHOP" IN ORANGE CA. A CALL & REQUEST ONE OF THEIR CATALOGS 1-800-243-8947 & EMAIL AT WWW.TRUCKANDCARSHOP.COM . I'VE DEALT WITH THESE GUYS AN AWFUL LOT, & HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT GOOD SERVICE, QUALITY PARTS & FANTASTIC PRICES. THEY ARE AT ALL (I THINK) THE SUPER CHEVY SHOWS & OFFER A HEFTY DISCOUNT AT SHOWS. I LIKE TOO SEE ALL THE LITTLE GUYS GET AHEAD, BUT I NEED THE MOST HIGH QUALITY PARTS I CAN GET FOR MY MONEY.
i have bought stuff from the truck shop at pomona swap meets, they do offer a hefty discount but i learned my lesson.

bought a blue dash pad for $40 and a pair of blue 72 armrests for $20. these were the first interior items i bought and i thought they were great. then i started buying other stuff, i bought a set of original unfaded absolutely perfect blue visors off ebay. i then ordered my blue/blue houndstooth seat cover from gmc pauls, it was delivered to me the very nexy day. from what i noticed the ORIGINAL visors matched my new repro seat cover from gmc pauls, while my cheap plastic parts from the truck shop are quite a diferent blue. im not sure if all places have such a difference betweent he color of the blue vinyl and blue plastic but the difference is pretty bad.

next problem with the truck shop, bought two 67 fenders from them at the pomona swap for $100 a pop. they were packed well and i didnt want to unwrap them at the show. the display fenders looked perfect.

anways got home and the front grill recess around the headlights on the 67/68 fenders was all messed up, not molded smooth or straight at all.

luckily i live only 30min from their actual shop in orange CA and i went back there the very next monday very upset. amazingly they took back the fenders no questions asked with no receipt and swapped them for another set of fenders, however i only got one near perfect fender and the other one will still need some body work to make perfect.

so heres my final opinion on the truck shop
Prices -- A
Customer Service -- A+
Parts quality -- D

but i guess price and quality go hand in hand, you get what you pay for

Last edited by Dropt72Shortbed; 09-10-2002 at 05:42 PM.
Dropt72Shortbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 09:53 PM   #33
Eddie H.

I've bought parts from at least a dozen different vendors, including, Brother'swould never buy from again) Golden State too high) LMC too high) GMC Paul good price, but it took too long to receive my parts) Outback Truck Partstoo high) Kenny's Truck Parts: (Great Prices, Excellent Service) and several more that I can't even remember their names.

In my experience, Kennys has been absolutely the best. Unless there's something he doesn't stock, or can't get, I have no reason to look anywhere else.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:02 AM   #34
nroden

Heres the correct link from the other guys post on the first page

http://www.chevroletrestorationworld.com/
Retired and in the dry... still runs. I now drive Red '01 Ford Focus... better MPG!!!
nroden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 08:22 AM   #35
72'BBGMCSGCC

I've bought parts from different vendors and Bill Athey with Athey's truck parts has been very good to me, GMC Paul has been very good to me,but I got charged more for shipping than the shipping actually cost. I'll be restoring my truck in the future and watching and comparing. The one thats honest with me and gives me the best prices and quality gets my business.
72'BBGMCSGCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 07:34 PM   #36
MOTHERTRUCKERS

Dang read all through that and no mention of us.Paul is a stand up guy and has good quality parts, our tollfree line is busy most days also but the tech line hardly ever rings.
Old 09-13-2002, 11:00 PM   #37
72'BBGMCSGCC

Thumbs up

Paul has been very helpful to me in the past with my truck, like Wes at Classic heartbeat and Bill Athey at Athey's truck parts in Virginia.I wanted to thank Paul for clearing up the problem on the shipping charges. It just goes to show he cares about his customers and I will use these 3 vendors in the future for my ground off restoration. Thanks Guys for your great prices, customer service and quaility of parts and help with my truck.Have a good day.
72'BBGMCSGCC is offline   Reply With Quote