The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-30-2007, 11:54 AM   #26
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

Re: What did you get done? 04/29

Friday night after work I drove up to Dallas for the Pate Swap meet the next day. After having to switch rooms due to a broken bed in my room, and having a naked man scream at me in the hallway ( WTF?), I went to sleep about 2:00 a.m.

Up the next day at 7:30, at the swapmeet by 9:30. By 4:00, I was only halfway through, and vendors were already packing up. I left about 6:30, and immediately hit a traffic jam on IH35. They were working on the highway, and had it go from 2 lanes to one. It took me 1 hour 45 minutes to get past it. I made it home at 1:30 a.m. and in bed by 2:00.

I was supposed to be out on the lake fishing with a buddy at 6:00 a.m. the next morning. His boat wouldn't start, and he had to cancel. I was so tired, it was probably for the best. I slept in until 1:30 pm yesterday, and I'm still tired today. I'm getting too old for this stuff.

I saw some good deals at Pate, but nothing I needed for my truck. One guy had a bunch of NOS 73-87 stuff, but nothing for my truck. I found a tach dash for $75, but I don't know enough about them to know if it was all there or if I could use it. Oh well.

Slonaker
Old 04-30-2007, 12:18 PM   #27
swb85
On a budget like Fred Sanford

Got the bottom end of my 383 buttoned up. My roller rockers should be here this afternoon, then I can measure for pushrod length and p-v clearance and get the heads/intake on. Hopefully have her finished up & in the truck by June!

swb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:43 PM   #28
jr2

Weekend turned out to be mostly non-truck related!!

The wife took a well deserved weekend down to Vegas so I was tied up with the the 2 kids. (9month old and 3 year old) I was in luck as Grandpa spent all wekeend with us I have an upcoming Car Club meeting/show at the hosue on the 10th so I needed to catch up on quite a few chores. I was able to get a ton of yard work done while he entertained the kidlet's!
  • Finished up the new 20ftx2ft Roman stack stone wall in front of the new addition.
  • Weeded "Hells Domain" that hasn't been touched since we added our addition last July!
  • Busted loose with the Stihl weed whacker and bush whacked around the property perimiter (1/2 acre) and everywhere in between.
  • Finally cleaned up what was left of the construction debris pile.
  • Moved my temporary plywood storage facility from the basketball court to the bed of the '63 for longer term/temp storage.
  • Cleaned out my horseshoe pits.Now their ready for action!
  • Picked/sprayed weeds in the driveway(Damn that thing is long!)
  • Burned up anything that was burnable in the burn barrel
  • Finally got all the twigs/branches and debris from all over the yard picked up from this winters storms.
  • Cleaned the bejesus out of the house to surprise the wife when she returned!
  • Cleaned up all of the lawn furiture and accompanying cushions.
  • Blew off the roof (I have a love hate relationship with Cedar trees!!) Love the looks hate the mess!!
  • Cleaned out the gutters. Same relationship as above!

• Late Sunday night I dropped some jets/metering rods in the 78 to try to fix the rich fuel problem. It worked but now it's quite a bit lean. Too bad.. Will work on it this week.
Decided I needed some Ice Cream and some couch time as it was already 10:30PM!!

Looking forward to next weekend!
-1967 Nova 2dr HT & a couple others...
jr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:04 PM   #29
knightlife
Dark Heart Motorsports

I was lucky enough that I didn't get to be bored I got to work...me fix planes is all I will say

2005 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 6.0 powwwaa!!! custom jumpseat install w/ captain seats, Hypertech tuner, MSD Blaster Coils, CB and twin antenna's, all electric interior, touch screen in dash. custom center console, with jump seat replacing original console. 1500 HD!
knightlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:16 PM   #30
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Put a new floor down in our game room.

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:11 PM   #31
KMK454

Brought the truck to my parents' home in Charlotte, where it will be resting until getting shipped to Fort Hood, Texas.

Starting to clean and pack as well as clear Fort Benning, have to be out of here by May 9th...
1991 Camaro B4C
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:05 PM   #32
82c10
needin' money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan D. View Post
What the hell do you need a GT40 for, a 302 SBF?
yes, one of teh best motors ever built
82c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:24 AM   #33
TexasJeff
Don't Crush em Restore em

New grill this weekend

I installed a new grill this weekend, pictures are not that great but you can get an idea of the new one.
new one

old one

added a new rear bumper a month or so ago

new one

old one
1998 Red with Gray Interior, C3500 Chevy Crew Cab Dually

Last edited by TexasJeff; 05-01-2007 at 08:28 AM.
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:37 AM   #34
1lowdiesel

went to the swap meet and bought some stuff i didn't need and one thing i really did, a door for my silverado for $150. oh yea and my friend broke the drive shaft in it later on.

xtremediesel.com
1lowdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:03 AM   #35
Ivan D.
glamoros piece o' lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82c10 View Post
yes, one of teh best motors ever built
Damn straight! I'm probably gonna catch hell for that now, but every time a hardcore Chevy freak starts raving about how bad Ford engines are I ask them one simple question - show me another engine that can run for over 10k miles with a broken oil pump drive shaft - then it is the sound of silence Of course if they were raving about how good Chevy engines are that's fine by me, cause, hello, they are good indeed, but bashing on one of the best domestic engines ever designed - now that ain't cool. I'm yet to find a good way to shut up a Ford freak bashing on Chevy tho, any ideas?

By the way, whatcha gonna do with that 302?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:43 AM   #36
jdmaffeo

OH WOW....What a month it has been. I have completed the installation of the 4.6/6 inch drop on my stepside. I totally rebuilt the entire front suspension and every bit of the braking system all with new parts! I have had it in a storage unit since I aquired the truck and have never even driven it. Until last night!! I was able to get the front clip back on it and I got it out of the storage unit at 9:30 last night!! I drove it about 15 miles to my girls house to put in her garage to finish the body work and paint! Let me tell you, 3 inch open headers are loud!! I thought for sure that I was going to get arrested! lol... Anyway I made it no problem and now I can put the money that I was spending on the storage facility to getting the paint etc...
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2007, 07:27 PM   #37
87 STEPPER
STILL PLAYS WITH TRUX

Arrow Re: What did you get done? 04/29

Quote:
I'm yet to find a good way to shut up a Ford freak bashing on Chevy tho, any ideas?
Okay, Since you asked.

Disclaimer: I just want every here to know i like all makes of automobiles even some jap stuff with that said i dont want to hear any $hit form anyone! theres a little love hate in all of us when it comes to Chevy Vs Ford.

Here ya go.

1 How do you improve the appearance of a Ford?.....park it between two Chevys.

2 How do you tripple the value of a ford?.....Fill with Gas.

3 How do you make a Ford accelerate from 0-60 in 5 sec?......push it over a cliff.

4 What is found on the last pg. of every Ford owners manual?.....the bus schedule.

5 What did the auto parts guy say to the customer that said i'll take a set of wipers for my Ford?.....sounds like a fair trade to me!

6 What do you call a Ford on top of a hill?......a miracle.

7 What do you call 2 Ford's on top of a hill?....a mirage.

8 FORD......At least they knew enough to circle the Problme

Ivan that should be enough to silance any Ford owner

MY 87 STEPPER

MY 99 2D/WD TAHOE
87 STEPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #38
82c10
needin' money

Quote:
Damn straight! I'm probably gonna catch hell for that now, but every time a hardcore Chevy freak starts raving about how bad Ford engines are I ask them one simple question - show me another engine that can run for over 10k miles with a broken oil pump drive shaft - then it is the sound of silence Of course if they were raving about how good Chevy engines are that's fine by me, cause, hello, they are good indeed, but bashing on one of the best domestic engines ever designed - now that ain't cool. I'm yet to find a good way to shut up a Ford freak bashing on Chevy tho, any ideas?

By the way, whatcha gonna do with that 302?

i don't have any ideas on how to do that, i went ahead and sold the intake, but will be getting another one, the lower needed a little work, and i didn't want to mess with it, the 302 in the stang is already rebuilt with a b-cam and extra's, it's just another go-fast goodie for the car, the bad/good thing is i am gonna sell it, but i'll be right back in another one, i like SBF's instead of SBC's, if you would have known me in high school it was totally different
[
82c10 is offline   Reply With Quote